Author Topic: Tremonti Thread v. A DYING MACHINE  (Read 71852 times)

Offline mikeyd23

Re: Tremonti Thread v. Cauterize, OUT NOW!!!
« Reply #315 on: August 24, 2015, 06:50:27 AM »
Wow thats a lot of US dates. Did AB even play that many US dates in support of Fortress?  :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #316 on: August 24, 2015, 12:35:47 PM »
Wow thats a lot of US dates. Did AB even play that many US dates in support of Fortress?  :lol

Uhhh, no.....  They only did probably 24 US headlining shows (I'm counting the ones that has Mark's guitar clinics as headlining shows) if we do not count festivals.  Then again, most of these upcoming shows are co-headlining with Trivium, and Tremonti probably wouldn't be playing this amount of dates by themselves. 

I would like to see AB do a co-headlining US tour in the future.  Got to find some new way to expand their fanbase and brand in other ways.  Wouldn't mind seeing them with Stone Sour, Breaking Benjamin, Alice in Chains, maybe Halestorm.  I'd go to those shows even if AB would play like an hour as oppose to the 1hr40min. that they usually do.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #317 on: August 24, 2015, 12:52:31 PM »

Uhhh, no.....  They only did probably 24 US headlining shows (I'm counting the ones that has Mark's guitar clinics as headlining shows) if we do not count festivals.  Then again, most of these upcoming shows are co-headlining with Trivium, and Tremonti probably wouldn't be playing this amount of dates by themselves. 

I would like to see AB do a co-headlining US tour in the future. Got to find some new way to expand their fanbase and brand in other ways.  Wouldn't mind seeing them with Stone Sour, Breaking Benjamin, Alice in Chains, maybe Halestorm.  I'd go to those shows even if AB would play like an hour as oppose to the 1hr40min. that they usually do.

Haha I'd like to see AB do something, anything at all at this point  :lol

They are one of my favorite bands on the planet and I typically like all the side projects the band members have but at the end of the day, I'd prefer if the band went back to BB era days where AB was their entire musical lives.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #318 on: September 13, 2015, 03:06:57 AM »
Anybody see a show yet? My buddy snap chatted me some of the concert. He said he was there for Trivium, but Tremonti absolutely killed it

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #319 on: September 13, 2015, 10:53:12 AM »
^^ I've checked the setlists of the shows.  It looks really good.  Even Alter Bridge didn't have mainly a 50/50 setlist when Blackbird came out.

Cauterize
You Waste Your Time
All I Was
So You're Afraid
Flying Monkeys
The Things I've Seen
Radical Change
Tie the Noose
Dark Trip
Brains
Providence
Arm Yourself
Decay
Another Heart
Wish You Well

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #320 on: September 14, 2015, 01:29:40 AM »
That's a kicks set list!

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #321 on: February 19, 2016, 10:34:07 AM »
Dust approacheth. April 29, get here already!

Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #322 on: February 19, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »
And a video teaser of the song "Catching Fire" sounds awesome!  :metal :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PGvyjZtVKU

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #323 on: February 19, 2016, 10:40:54 AM »

Oh, those riffs are a little different than anything we've heard from him before. Nice.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #324 on: February 19, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »

Oh, those riffs are a little different than anything we've heard from him before. Nice.

Definitely sounds heavy!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #325 on: February 19, 2016, 11:19:35 AM »
Dust approacheth. April 29, get here already!

:metal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #326 on: February 19, 2016, 11:33:35 AM »
 :metal :metal

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #327 on: February 19, 2016, 12:05:33 PM »
Same day as Haken!  :metal

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #328 on: February 19, 2016, 01:16:41 PM »
Oh hell yes! That riff though! Sounds nice and heavy and progressive. I know Mark said his personal favorite songs are on Dust. Cant fuckin wait  :metal

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Tremonti Thread v. DUST, 4.29.16
« Reply #329 on: February 19, 2016, 01:36:01 PM »
Sounds really good!

Still hoping he changes up his typical chorus, but I don't have high hopes for that. I'm sure I'll still enjoy the hell out of it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #330 on: February 19, 2016, 01:59:35 PM »
I'm just a big fan of continuity when it comes to things like album art.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #331 on: February 19, 2016, 02:04:38 PM »
I'm just a big fan of continuity when it comes to things like album art.

Well Dust is supposed to be a continuation of Cauterize, right? So it makes sense to continue themes from the artwork as well.

Sounds really good!

Still hoping he changes up his typical chorus, but I don't have high hopes for that. I'm sure I'll still enjoy the hell out of it.

Yeah, I'm a big Alter Bridge fan and a big fan of Mark in general, I've really enjoyed his solo work, but I doubt that typical "Tremonti Chorus" is going away. I love Mark's guitar writing, and now singing, if I had one nitpick (even though its a tiny one) I'd want him to experiment with different song structures more. AB did this a little on Fortress, and I loved it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: February 19, 2016, 03:56:18 PM »
That teaser sounds massive.  Although, yeah, the chorus is sounding the same again.  FIrst day purchase though.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2016, 01:43:58 PM »
Yeah, after being the head songwriter in three bands, the chorus is not his biggest strength, even though they are catchy as hell.  He's really big on melody. In all his interviews for Tremonti he says his music is going to be fast and heavy, but he's keeping the melodic aspect. However, on Alter Bridge's Fortress and even on Cauterize you can tell he's been experimenting.

Offline Adami

« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2016, 05:10:58 PM »
Yeah, after being the head songwriter in three bands, the chorus is not his biggest strength, even though they are catchy as hell.  He's really big on melody. In all his interviews for Tremonti he says his music is going to be fast and heavy, but he's keeping the melodic aspect. However, on Alter Bridge's Fortress and even on Cauterize you can tell he's been experimenting.

Definitely, just not the choruses. In fact, Fortress had some of the worst offenders as there were songs that were actually nicely different for them and great, but then they'd suddenly go back to the traditional chorus and it would sound very out of place.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #335 on: February 22, 2016, 07:59:50 AM »
I'd agree with that totally. Fortress was a tease because songs like Cry of Achilles would get you thinking they were doing something completely different and then they would break into the usual chorus feel... That being said, I love the chorus on that song and many others, but the point here I guess is diversity in that regard not necessarily quality.

Slightly more on topic, Cauterize has aged pretty well for me and has some really good material on it, so I'm definitely looking forward to Dust. I'm curious though if this will become a Load/Reload thing for Mark, where fans will automatically condense the two albums into one...

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #336 on: February 23, 2016, 03:55:44 PM »
Don't know if this had already been discussed but I don't see it, here's the tracklist, revealed by Tremonti:

1. “My Last Mistake”
2. “The Cage”
3. “Once Dead”
4. “Dust”
5. “Betray Me”
6. “Tore My Heart Out”
7. “Catching Fire”
8. “Never Wrong”
9. “Rising Storm”
10. “Unable To See”

Release date is 29th of April but that had already been confirmed before and is in the thread title.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #338 on: March 05, 2016, 03:23:14 PM »
Garrett is absolutely owning those drums :metal

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #339 on: March 05, 2016, 03:44:07 PM »
This sounds heavy as fuck, love it.  :metal
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Adami

« Reply #340 on: March 05, 2016, 03:52:38 PM »
You know, as much as I dislike that Tremonti has been writing essentially the same chorus on guitar for the better part of almost 10 albums, the dude has to get credit for making the vocals interesting even to this day. That can't be easy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #341 on: March 07, 2016, 08:14:02 AM »
Couple of things from that "The Cage" clip:

1. Very Mark-sounding chorus, but I like the melody, so that's perfectly cool with me.

2. Nice breakdown riff in the beginning of the bridge, and I love the switch to double time when the solo starts.

3. The solo itself is a little different for Mark which is great to hear, he's come a long way with his solos and this one is a killer for sure.

Getting pumped for this record!  :metal

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #342 on: March 17, 2016, 11:32:40 PM »
Guys if you have a Spotify account, you can listen to the first single and title track, Dust, in its entirety, and my god, for a song that's not heavy, it's pretty badass. The first time I heard the break between the verse and chorus...i felt like my jaw dropped. It also has an INCREDIBLE solo by Mr. Tremonti. Fuck, this song is good.

EDIT

ITS NOW LIVE ON ITUNES
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:41:15 PM by Accelerando »

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #343 on: March 18, 2016, 12:25:12 AM »
It's an odd sounding song to say the least, and I mean in that in a positive way.  Sometimes, we would think we would have Mark all figured out now in terms of style and then he goes out and does something like Dust which does not really sound anything like he's done so far in this solo project.

This man is a gem to us all and, to think, we're going to get two albums from this year from him, and three in the last two years!  Praise Mark Tremonti!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #344 on: March 18, 2016, 07:38:45 AM »
I just listened to the single, I thought it was a strong track for the band, something a little different for them. I love the way the entire song is slowly building toward the solo.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #345 on: March 18, 2016, 03:09:23 PM »
Album is pre-ordered with the title track loaded on my phone :tup

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #346 on: March 18, 2016, 06:22:23 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HghPn3v4e4

Youtube link of the new song.

Not bad.

Offline Basekick

« Reply #347 on: April 26, 2016, 09:31:19 PM »
So I got my copy of Dust early and listened to much more than anyone should and the verdict is...

It's pretty good, but Cauterize is still easily my favorite of the lot.  "Betray Me" is by far the best song on the album while too many songs feature riffs that are heavy for the sake of heavy without the same groove or melody that we're used to from Tremonti.

Any of you guys take a listen yet?
"10,000 hours of practice - not talent - creates virtuosos."

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."  - Jimi Hendrix

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #348 on: April 26, 2016, 11:14:55 PM »
I didn't realise it was out already.

Offline adace

« Reply #349 on: April 27, 2016, 01:45:47 AM »
It's pretty good, but Cauterize is still easily my favorite of the lot.  "Betray Me" is by far the best song on the album while too many songs feature riffs that are heavy for the sake of heavy without the same groove or melody that we're used to from Tremonti.
Pretty much my thoughts. Excellent album for sure but Cauterize is still my favorite.