Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 628450 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #7315 on: May 15, 2019, 05:01:03 PM »
Here's the deal. When Kattle agrees with me, or I agree with him, you know he's correct.

When he disagrees with me, you know he's wrong.

So we're agreeing here, which makes it objectively correct.  :millahhhh
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7316 on: May 15, 2019, 05:13:37 PM »
Tell me why you feel that Adami? :neverusethis:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #7317 on: May 15, 2019, 05:26:06 PM »
Here's the deal. When Kattle agrees with me, or I agree with him, you know he's correct.

When he disagrees with me, you know he's wrong.

So we're agreeing here, which makes it objectively correct.  :millahhhh

WTF!  :lol :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Adami

« Reply #7318 on: May 15, 2019, 05:33:58 PM »
Just getting your back bro. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #7319 on: May 15, 2019, 08:32:20 PM »
So I think I realized my main issue with Dany doing what she did and the army following.

Not that it made zero sense or that it came out of nowhere, but that it served one specific function.

To shock the audience. It was a decision made for the impact it would have on us, as opposed to simply being the logical part of the story. It's the intentionallity, or at least what feels like the intentionallity.

With stuff like The Red Wedding, that felt like where the story was going and the shock factor was a very pleasant perk of that. But Dany and the armies killing everyone felt, first and foremost, like a way of impacting the audience.

Not sure if that makes sense.

And obviously we'll never really know for sure. But that's my interpretation and why I think I have such a distaste for it.
I saw this post at the time but didn't really think there was much to say in reply, since I understand very much the point you make and how someone could see it that way, and while I don't fully agree I felt that to say anything counter to it would risk seeming like trying to invalidate your perspective on it. And that's not at all what I'd want to do - the issue you described is pretty much something that people either feel or don't feel about certain scenes and describing reasons why it comes across one way or the other can't change someone's impression from it.

But, since I see you mentioned it again to see if anyone has any comments on it: I definitely know the feeling you mean, often when I dislike writing it's because I feel like I'm seeing through to the writer's intent to force a certain reaction. I think that poor writing can take you out of the story and make you focus on the way the writer is trying to achieve something, in a way that feels manipulative or shallow. And I think if someone feels that way watching or reading something there's little that can stop them.

However, arguably any scene could potentially come across that way, since good dramatic scenes are by their nature trying to achieve a certain function. The Red Wedding was trying to be shocking too. Obviously for most people it worked and they didn't feel distaste at seeing an attempt by the writers to shock them. You described it as feeling like a more logical progression of the story making it feel less like a transparent attempt to impact the
audience, and I agree, but I could see how someone could feel differently and if they did I don't know that there's something to say to "convince" them otherwise.

So with that in mind, in the case of King's Landing, I felt it was somewhere in the middle - not quite as elegant and logical as the Red Wedding to keep me in the moment or make the shock tactics feel quite as earned, but not enough that it felt like "just" going for shock value. I've posted earlier about one of the ways the decision was built up to and emerged from Daenerys' viewpoint, I think there's a lot more you could say about it as well, so for me at least there's definitely enough there to dismiss the idea that it was completely forced. But, I think it is clearly such an extreme course of action that it makes sense to think "Why the fuck are you doing that?!" - and I actually think that's a good thing, or at least that it's an intentional possibility of the story we've got. Discussing or thinking about why Daenerys would burn King's Landing, wondering if the signs were really always there or how she felt it as justified in the moment or if she just went batshit insane, I think it's probably the most interesting topic from the season (at a point in the show where there aren't as many hidden agendas or motivations as before like you said). And for me, looking back at past scenes and analysis certainly helped sway me further towards the side of interesting but logical progression of the story rather than a decision primarily forced for the shock. I'm not saying anyone else has to consider those things or that it'll change how the scene came across, but if nothing else it's interesting to consider the extent it makes sense or not.

Also (since I may as well load up on the possibly controversial points)... I think that something like whether you see something as part of the story or you instead see the authorial intent laid bare does depend on the mindset of the person watching. And I think that's something that'a true of a lot of things - someone said earlier that you can't just choose to enjoy or hate something, and that's true to a certain extent but I think it's bogus that you can't somewhat choose the attitude you approach something with. Put it this way, if I sat down to watch season 8 with the intent to find loads of examples of Dumber and Dipshit's Bad WritingTM, I could do it. Instead I approached it with moderate expectations, hoped to make the most out of what we got and tried to remember this was the end of a great show that I'd enjoyed for a long time, and I'll probably appreciate the whole story more looking back if I try to enjoy what I can of the ending now when watching it for the first time rather than dwelling on inevitable disappointments about things left out, things done differently, things done poorly. Some people might see it as willfully ignoring flaws or forcing yourself to like something but I certainly don't see it that way.

Similarly when it comes to scenes and the intent of shock value, I could sit down and watch the Red Wedding with the attitude of "Ok, they're obviously trying to shock me with this massacre". The way it begins with stabbing a pregnant woman in the belly was clearly aiming for shock value rather than because it's the most logical way - and I can even say "THAT'S NOT IN THE BOOKS!" so they clearly deliberately added that to impact the audience. They even leverage the other typical cheap emotional death, a dog dying, even going out of their way to raise hopes Arya might release the direwolf just to surprise the audience when he dies (even though it doesn't make sense for Arya to be able to sneak in to near the direwolf). 

Now I'm not sure why I'd want to take such an attitude since I don't think it would enrich my life much, but it's possible. Obviously I don't think most people deliberately decide whether to view a scene one way or the other, mostly it's just a matter of whether the writing works for you or not. But I definitely think viewer attitude can give things at least a little nudge.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 08:38:47 PM by RuRoRul »

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #7320 on: May 16, 2019, 01:09:46 AM »

Will Sandor's talk with Arya - the only father he had after Ned Stark's execution - be enough to send her back to Gendry?

I have issues with this question. If she's not a ninja assassin, she has to go and be with Gendry? She could just go live her own life. I don't like the idea that if the girl isn't a crazy killer, she better just go get married.

And the answer to all of your other questions is Bronn Podrick.

Well, it was more in the context of a "happy ending" for lack of a better term, having closure for a character. Say that shit goes down and Jon is enthroned or whatever, if Arya convincingly says to him "Listen, the world now will be at peace, there's so much to see, I want to travel and live my own life" or something like that, it would be more than fine, her marrying Gendry was just the easiest way to let us know where she will stand at the end. Also, a nice callback to the original intent of Robert Baratheon to unite their houses marrying his son to Ned's daugther.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7321 on: May 16, 2019, 06:48:32 AM »
I think I got spoiled last night, kind of annoyed by that and just want to say thanks internet, specifically the gaming world.  I've seen people in video games like PUBG spoil other big movies before.  I remember someone spamming the PUBG voice chat lobby with Star Wars spoilers.  Well there is no voice chat in this game and someone put GOT spoilers as their user name which came across my screen when I killed this person.  Obviously I don't need to believe it, but a youtube video I watched which was a review video hinted at the same spoiler which really pissed me off so it seems legit.

Online Adami

« Reply #7322 on: May 16, 2019, 06:58:26 AM »
I think I got spoiled last night, kind of annoyed by that and just want to say thanks internet, specifically the gaming world.  I've seen people in video games like PUBG spoil other big movies before.  I remember someone spamming the PUBG voice chat lobby with Star Wars spoilers.  Well there is no voice chat in this game and someone put GOT spoilers as their user name which came across my screen when I killed this person.  Obviously I don't need to believe it, but a youtube video I watched which was a review video hinted at the same spoiler which really pissed me off so it seems legit.

Generally, I am against the death penalty, but when you point out people like that..........
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #7323 on: May 16, 2019, 07:02:23 AM »

Ugh. That sucks.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7324 on: May 16, 2019, 07:03:56 AM »
I think I got a spoiler too :/

I was reading through the comment section of a leaked photo of a new RC truck being announced this afternoon, and then some random comment about 30 comments in was a single sentence in huge bold letters giving something away. I was livid.   

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #7325 on: May 16, 2019, 07:15:33 AM »
Someone wrote which character died in The Force Awakens in the "happy new year" comments being screened on TV on a national end of the year show here in Italy.

Really, to think that people take pleasure in ruining something so relatively trivial to other people (entertainment), just to feel this kind of "hollow" power.... it's the general opinions that the Fifty Shades of Grey books and movies are total and complete, utter garbage, but if I knew the ending, I wouldn't spoil even that as "retribution" for liking something shitty. What changes in my world if someone wants to read a shitty book or see a shitty movie? just let them to so, it doesn't affect me any way.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7326 on: May 16, 2019, 07:27:25 AM »
I dont get it because they dont even get to see or hear the satisfaction of pissing people off, it's just kind of odd to think someone finds that interesting or fun to do. Like Howard stern sends people on the street to spoil things (they dont actually but pretend to) for the reactions, but theres no reaction here so it doesnt even make sense.  Maybe on a forum, I'm sure people would comment but still. That's just so petty.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #7327 on: May 16, 2019, 07:43:24 AM »
I think I got a spoiler too :/

I was reading through the comment section of a leaked photo of a new RC truck being announced this afternoon, and then some random comment about 30 comments in was a single sentence in huge bold letters giving something away. I was livid.

Just ignorant....what's the point? Like Cramx3 says....they don't even get to see 'you' get spoiled? How someone can glean enjoyment from that is odd.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #7328 on: May 16, 2019, 07:46:03 AM »
A friend at work who sits next to me accidentally saw the spoiler the other night that said who wins the Iron Throne.  Fortunately, he has a good poker face, so he won't give anything away, and he is not the type who would try.

Online Adami

« Reply #7329 on: May 16, 2019, 07:49:19 AM »
Oh I was terrified of this stuff when I went to see Endgame.

I wore earbuds and loud music the whole time til the movie started.

I still was looking around the theater, worried someone would just run in and yell spoilers.

Turns out some theaters actually did have that happen. Ugh.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #7330 on: May 16, 2019, 09:01:51 AM »
I'm one of those that hasn't really had any big issues with this season. True, it's not perfect and it's rushed AF but I think it's what it is. I agree with Martin's sentiment 100% that the show could've ran for 2 more seasons and the climax wouldn't feel so rushed, but nevertheless I've really enjoyed a lot of things that have happened.

Dany's madness was as expected and called for as anything else in the show, I feel and think. I'm 150% sure that this is going to happen in the books as well, so people that go like "OMG that is so out of character, these stupid writers are ruining everything" I don't really understand (at least regarding this issue). What I would debate is regarding my earlier point, that maybe if the pacing was just a little bit slower we could've seen a more convincing turn into the desolation and madness that took over her in the last episode. I enjoyed the episode quite a lot and certainly I can't wait for the books to come out to tell this story with Martin's magnificent pacing and detail.

I think people really take a lot of pleasure into bashing D&D (the showrunners), and blaming them for anything that feels out of place (for them, at least). Remember the big "OMG these stupid showrunners ruined Stannis' character! He's not like that in the books. He's the greatest commander in Westeros and he would've never burned alive his daughter!" back in Season 5? Well, it was Martin that revealed them that he was indeed going to burn Shireen at some point. Can't wait for Winds of Winter to come out for that to actually happen so people can go like "Oh, I see now". That's something else that I felt was 100% consistent with his character. True, he is loyal and loves his daughter, but his need of the magic and the victory was even greater than that love. That being said, not every book arc has been handled with greatness in the show (Dorne, I'm looking at you). The Dorne arc was kinda lame, and I think we can all mostly agree with that.

Regarding The Long Night, I really didn't have any true issues with it except maybe the dumb plan of sending the Dothraki into their deaths so early; but I think I kinda understand. Not one of the people present at Winterfell during the battle planning are experts at war. There was not a Stannis or a Robert to tell them that their battle tactics were dumb, so there's that. The shock value of having the Dothraki charge into a black wall of death was pretty visually stunning, tho (as has been most of the season). Otherwise, the episode delivered greatly. I disagree with people that think that The Night King's death felt out of place and rushed. His end came after 8 seasons of foreshadowing and one long 1:30 hour long culmination battle that ended with the show's most badass character (I think most will agree) ending him in true Arya fashion. If people are upset that he died with us knowing little to nothing about him; he was a character that didn't even talk; so what was there to know about him that Bran or the rest of the characters didn't know already? I can't really get people comparing his death to Snoke's from Star Wars and I'm like what, Snoke was a "villain" for one movie at the most (a movie in which he basically had only a couple of screen time minutes, and he DID talk!). True, we don't really know the meaning of those shapes and spirals they left behind but I'm quite sure either the books or the prequel show that already began shooting will clear stuff up. Lastly, Melisandre's arc and death was magnificent. I loved every single moment of that.

I kinda get some of the complaints, but I think it's not as bad as some people are pointing it out to be. I think, as was already mentioned in this thread, thousands of fan theories are dying by the minute each passing episode and people get pissed, because when people like something so much they usually feel entitled (DREAM THEATER COUGH COUGH) to their own opinions. I have no issue with people calling out this season as not as great as the show's earlier material, but just be cool and accept that it's what it is. No need to create a dumb charge.org petition for HBO to remake the entire season. That's never happening lol.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:11:56 AM by DarkLord_Lalinc »
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #7331 on: May 16, 2019, 09:14:54 AM »
I'm one of those that hasn't really had any big issues with this season. True, it's not perfect and it's rushed AF but I think it's what it is. I agree with Martin's sentiment 100% that the show could've ran for 2 more seasons and the climax wouldn't feel so rushed, but nevertheless I've really enjoyed a lot of things that have happened.

Dany's madness was as expected and called for as anything else in the show, I feel and think. I'm 150% sure that this is going to happen in the books as well, so people that go like "OMG that is so out of character, these stupid writers are ruining everything" I don't really understand (at least regarding this issue). What I would debate is regarding my earlier point, that maybe if the pacing was just a little bit slower we could've seen a more convincing turn into the desolation and madness that took over her in the last episode. I enjoyed the episode quite a lot and certainly I can't wait for the books to come out to tell this story with Martin's magnificent pacing and detail.

The journey and the pacing has been the issues all along. I'm sure Dany will snap in the books, but it will feel coherent and fitting. Also, I'm assuming she doesn't go mad-mad in the books, she will become maybe ruthless and maybe will sacrifice King's Landing for a specific target - I'm skeptical about her committing mass murder and genocide when there's no tactical or logical need for it, aside from going very overkill on the side of "I have to rule with fear and this will send a message".

I think people really take a lot of pleasure into bashing D&D (the showrunners), and blaming them for anything that feels out of place (for them, at least). Remember the big "OMG these stupid showrunners ruined Stannis' character! He's not like that in the books. He's the greatest commander in Westeros and he would've never burned alive his daughter!" back in Season 5? Well, it was Martin that revealed them that he was indeed going to burn Shireen at some point. Can't wait for Winds of Winter to come out for that to actually happen so people can go like "Oh, I see now". That's something else that I felt was 100% consistent with his character. True, he is loyal and loves his daughter, but his need of the magic and the victory was even greater than that love. That being said, not every book arc has been handled with greatness in the show (Dorne, I'm looking at you). The Dorne arc was kinda lame, and I think we can all mostly agree with that.

As I've read online, he will probably sacrifice his own daughter in time of utmost and desperate need, for example against the impending invasion of the White Walkers. He won't burn her to melt some snow.

I'm afraid the books will make clear how the final plot points were all there, but the road to them was very rushed or oversimplified.

As I said before - the authors of Breaking Bad inflicted on themselves in autolesionistic fashion a bullet point to reach - they filmed in the beginning of the final season Walter White getting a rifle, and they had to write a story that justified the need for that rifle, 'cause they haven't planned for it yet. I'd say, mission accomplished. Seeing how the books (if they're ever gonna be released) will reach the same destinaton of the show will highlight how the journey has been out of place.

Also, since they already made some deviations, they could have gone for their own ending anyway, without having to fall back on someone else's ending while they already took another road with the story.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #7332 on: May 16, 2019, 09:18:54 AM »

The journey and the pacing has been the issues all along. I'm sure Dany will snap in the books, but it will feel coherent and fitting. Also, I'm assuming she doesn't go mad-mad in the books, she will become maybe ruthless and maybe will sacrifice King's Landing for a specific target - I'm skeptical about her committing mass murder and genocide when there's no tactical or logical need for it, aside from going very overkill on the side of "I have to rule with fear and this will send a message".

As I've read online, he will probably sacrifice his own daughter in time of utmost and desperate need, for example against the impending invasion of the White Walkers. He won't burn her to melt some snow.

I'm afraid the books will make clear how the final plot points were all there, but the road to them was very rushed or oversimplified.

As I said before - the authors of Breaking Bad inflicted on themselves in autolesionistic fashion a bullet point to reach - they filmed in the beginning of the final season Walter White getting a rifle, and they had to write a story that justified the need for that rifle, 'cause they haven't planned for it yet. I'd say, mission accomplished. Seeing how the books (if they're ever gonna be released) will reach the same destinaton of the show will highlight how the journey has been out of place.

Also, since they already made some deviations, they could have gone for their own ending anyway, without having to fall back on someone else's ending while they already took another road with the story.
Ageed. I'm sure Stannis' arc will be different and probably more relevant in the books, but there's also the thing that Seasons 5-6-7-8 from the show wanted the "lead" characters to be more upfront, because that's very natural for a TV Show with paid actors, I think. That's why characters like Stannis, Daario, Mance Rayder, every Martell except Oberyn, Euron and Victarion, etc. were kinda cast aside the way they did for that.

Just to clear things up, this is not by any means by favorite Game of Thrones season and the pacing really makes it kinda difficult for everything that's happening to sink in but I do enjoy it for what it is. Cannot wait for the finale this Sunday.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7333 on: May 16, 2019, 09:20:54 AM »
I may have gotten a spoiler as well, in a facebook cigar subforum, of all places.  Last place I would have expected to see a dick move like that.  Hopefully the guy was just talking out of his ass and it wasn't really spoiled.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #7334 on: May 16, 2019, 09:21:55 AM »
I may have gotten a spoiler as well, in a facebook cigar subforum, of all places.  Last place I would have expected to see a dick move like that.  Hopefully the guy was just talking out of his ass and it wasn't really spoiled.
The internet is dark and full of spoilers.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #7335 on: May 16, 2019, 09:22:25 AM »

Regarding The Long Night, I really didn't have any true issues with it except maybe the dumb plan of sending the Dothraki into their deaths so early; but I think I kinda understand. Not one of the people present at Winterfell during the battle planning are experts at war. There was not a Stannis or a Robert to tell them that their battle tactics were dumb, so there's that. The shock value of having the Dothraki charge into a black wall of death was pretty visually stunning, tho (as has been most of the season). Otherwise, the episode delivered greatly. I disagree with people that think that The Night King's death felt out of place and rushed. His end came after 8 seasons of foreshadowing and one long 1:30 hour long culmination battle that ended with the show's most badass character (I think most will agree) ending him in true Arya fashion. If people are upset that he died with us knowing little to nothing about him; he was a character that didn't even talk; so what was there to know about him that Bran or the rest of the characters didn't know already? I can't really get people comparing his death to Snoke's from Star Wars and I'm like what, Snoke was a "villain" for one movie at the most (a movie in which he basically had only a couple of screen time minutes, and he DID talk!). True, we don't really know the meaning of those shapes and spirals they left behind but I'm quite sure either the books or the prequel show that already began shooting will clear stuff up. Lastly, Melisandre's arc and death was magnificent. I loved every single moment of that.

I kinda get some of the complaints, but I think it's not as bad as some people are pointing it out to be. I think, as was already mentioned in this thread, thousands of fan theories are dying by the minute each passing episode and people get pissed, because when people like something so much they usually feel entitled (DREAM THEATER COUGH COUGH) to their own opinions. I have no issue with people calling out this season as not as great as the show's earlier material, but just be cool and accept that it's what it is. No need to create a dumb charge.org petition for HBO to remake the entire season. That's never happening lol.

This entire post is exactly how I feel.  I work with a woman who comes into the office every Monday morning and rants for an hour straight about how she HATED last night's episode and explains how the show is ruined.  She's just regurgitating stuff that she reads online, criticizing the show and pointing out fan theories that she thinks should have occurred.  Getting upset, disappointed or angry isn't going to change a thing.  We are simply along for the ride. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7336 on: May 16, 2019, 09:24:46 AM »
The internet is dark and full of spoilers.
Yeah, no shit.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7337 on: May 16, 2019, 09:46:15 AM »
That really sucks for anyone who's had things spoiled for them whether it's a real spoiler or not. At this point I have a strong idea of what's gonna happen so I went and looked for the spoilers for episode 6 anyway. If they're real, well, I'm not surprised, but even then there is SO much to wrap up that they don't talk about that it hasn't really changed my perception. I don't believe anything 100% until it actually airs anyway. People who go around trying to ruin things for others are real jackwagons, I tell you hwat.

Also, while watching some videos last night, there was a really good clip of Dany back in like season 2 or 3 threatening (I believe) the 13 masters of Qarth because they wouldn't let her in without seeing her dragons. And she violently threatens to burn down any city that defies her or gets in her way on her quest for the Iron Throne, starting with Qarth. Yeah, real heroine she is.  :rollin
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #7338 on: May 16, 2019, 10:37:12 AM »
I have been fake spoiled in the past. And from what I gathered, there are several leaks out there, so who knows which one is real.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7339 on: May 16, 2019, 10:38:55 AM »
The people with the spoilers have been malicious, every major entertainment/gaming page on fb had comments with Endgame spoilers the day it came out, I have no interest in the movie but I felt bad for the people getting spoiled. I don't understand this, I understand trolling, but this is something else that someone ought to study, there's darkness in this one heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7340 on: May 16, 2019, 10:49:30 AM »
The only time I actually had something I super cared about spoiled was the end of the 6th Harry Potter book. I was so f&*%ing mad at that jackass who shouted out the spoiler as I was walking into the book store.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7341 on: May 16, 2019, 11:05:13 AM »
The only time I actually had something I super cared about spoiled was the end of the 6th Harry Potter book. I was so f&*%ing mad at that jackass who shouted out the spoiler as I was walking into the book store.

I remember reading about a guy that got a copy of one of the books ahead of time and made a t-shirt that said "_________ dies on page #???". He then walked down (face to face) the mile long line of people outside of a Barnes and Noble

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7342 on: May 16, 2019, 11:07:19 AM »

I remember reading about a guy that got a copy of one of the books ahead of time and made a t-shirt that said "_________ dies on page #???". He then walked down (face to face) the mile long line of people outside of a Barnes and Noble

Omg.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7343 on: May 16, 2019, 11:34:29 AM »
Damn! See that's kinda why I was thinking there's no way these people are just your classic internet troll types. That guy put some effort into this shit, I wouldn't go make a t-shirt for a good cause, let alone to troll people :lol
What was that German word? Schadenfreude? Satisfaction that comes from other's displeasure or something like that.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #7344 on: May 16, 2019, 11:38:52 AM »
People who feel like they have very little control of their lives like to take control is small ways when they can, even if it hurts other people.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7345 on: May 16, 2019, 11:41:02 AM »

That dude is in dire need of an ass whippin'.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #7346 on: May 16, 2019, 11:56:13 AM »
Spoiler: Joffrey is risen from the dead this week and ends up on the Iron Throne again.  The end.

Kidding.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7347 on: May 16, 2019, 03:26:01 PM »
Remembered one of my favorite scenes from last episode: the single shot of Arya running with the injured mother and her daughter while the dragon sweeps back around and flies ever closer before torching the street. MAN I love cinematic shots like that  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7348 on: May 16, 2019, 03:27:41 PM »
Just bsing with my coworker, remember when Melisandre made the shadow baby from Gendry's kings blood.  Wouldn't she have been able to do something similar with either his blood or Jon's blood again to kill Cersei or even the Night King.  Seems like that power was forgotten, I know I forgot about it.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #7349 on: May 16, 2019, 03:36:55 PM »
Just bsing with my coworker, remember when Melisandre made the shadow baby from Gendry's kings blood.  Wouldn't she have been able to do something similar with either his blood or Jon's blood again to kill Cersei or even the Night King.  Seems like that power was forgotten, I know I forgot about it.

I don't think the shadow monster would work on a mythical creature like the Night King, and by the time Cersei was the problem, Melisandre already commited suicide by dawn anyway. Also, only Davos knew that and wouldn't be able to suggest it anymore once Melisandre's dead. And why she would suggest it? all she ever cared was her Lord of Light.