Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 628352 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #5880 on: September 21, 2018, 12:22:47 PM »
I always felt that Jamie didn't seem that mad, and almost understanding in a way, because he shared something in common with her. He too killed a mad king, and despite it being his son, he "got it".

I think he also felt some relief knowing it wasn't Tyrion but also felt bad for the way his sister treated him.  Probably a lot of emotions and thoughts going through his head during that convo and the actor did a good job without showing any one emotion too much.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5881 on: September 21, 2018, 12:24:34 PM »
One of my favorite websites: https://beautifuldeath.com/ or https://robertmball.com/Beautiful-Death/

HBO commissioned Robert M. Ball to paint a poster for one death in each episode through Season 4.  He's continued since.  Episodes air on Sundays and HBO posts the image the following Friday.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5882 on: September 21, 2018, 12:27:12 PM »
I always felt that Jamie didn't seem that mad, and almost understanding in a way, because he shared something in common with her. He too killed a mad king, and despite it being his son, he "got it".

I think he also felt some relief knowing it wasn't Tyrion but also felt bad for the way his sister treated him.  Probably a lot of emotions and thoughts going through his head during that convo and the actor did a good job without showing any one emotion too much.

That's a good point as well.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5883 on: September 21, 2018, 12:30:02 PM »

I just rewatched the scene. He was simply overwhelmed. The sudden news, the realization, the idea that he was talking in a civil way with a woman who understood the ways of the world and respected him in her final conversation, and then all of a sudden "oh, btw.... I killed your son. He chocked horribly because of me"... again, as it happens to us in real life, he couldn't find the proper words, right after he did her the kindness of a merciful death, and so he stormed off. He was literally at loss for words. Olenna owned him.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5884 on: September 21, 2018, 12:39:54 PM »

I just rewatched the scene. He was simply overwhelmed. The sudden news, the realization, the idea that he was talking in a civil way with a woman who understood the ways of the world and respected him in her final conversation, and then all of a sudden "oh, btw.... I killed your son. He chocked horribly because of me"... again, as it happens to us in real life, he couldn't find the proper words, right after he did her the kindness of a merciful death, and so he stormed off. He was literally at loss for words. Olenna owned him.

I still don't think that means he was pissed or angry about it. He wouldn't have let her die the way he did otherwise.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5885 on: September 21, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »
Jamie also was at a point where he could be pissed or angry and not immediately lash out in fury and rage.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran

Offline Chris Hinton

« Reply #5887 on: October 26, 2018, 01:30:25 PM »
SHAME!

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5888 on: October 28, 2018, 06:26:31 AM »
It's a long wait for the new season, isn't it?

But guess what: some people had it WAY worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CLCOvZOh1o
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5889 on: October 28, 2018, 07:30:40 AM »
It's a long wait for the new season, isn't it?

But guess what: some people had it WAY worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CLCOvZOh1o

I think I saw this in 2016 (or perhaps 2015), and, well, I still kinda agree with this. :lol The whole ASOIAF / GoT thing is dead to me. The show has turned to shit for me to the point I can't enjoy watching it, and new books aren't coming either, so oh well. Thankfully there are a lot of great books/shows out there. Like those Locke Lamora books from Scott Lynch. Oh wait. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5890 on: October 28, 2018, 10:08:49 AM »
Good thing the show is actually still pretty awesome.  :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5891 on: November 13, 2018, 12:44:14 PM »
Confirmed that the return is in April. So, with that being said and with my desire to re-watch the series leading in to the final season it looks like you'd need to watch (22) episodes a month in Jan/Feb/March. There are (67) episodes so you'd need to pick up an episode somewhere in there.

If you watched (1) episode a night just during the weekdays starting January 1st, that puts you at finishing the available seasons on April 3rd leading into the final season.

I know myself and know that I'm minimum (2) episodes at a time....so, I'm pretty sure I can get the series re-watched in time.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5892 on: November 13, 2018, 12:55:27 PM »
Confirmed that the return is in April. So, with that being said and with my desire to re-watch the series leading in to the final season it looks like you'd need to watch (22) episodes a month in Jan/Feb/March. There are (67) episodes so you'd need to pick up an episode somewhere in there.

If you watched (1) episode a night just during the weekdays starting January 1st, that puts you at finishing the available seasons on April 3rd leading into the final season.

I know myself and know that I'm minimum (2) episodes at a time....so, I'm pretty sure I can get the series re-watched in time.

I ripped through it in no time. Luckily for me, I don't have children in the mix, so taking a rainy Sunday or three and plowing through 10 episodes each time wasn't an issue.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5893 on: November 13, 2018, 12:56:07 PM »
Teaser for Season 8 (no new footage)
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5894 on: November 13, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »

I ripped through it in no time. Luckily for me, I don't have children in the mix, so taking a rainy Sunday or three and plowing through 10 episodes each time wasn't an issue.

My TV watching has been regulated to the hours between 9:30 pm - 1:30 am (or so). Which sucks. Because, I'll do it on weekdays as well and just kill myself with lack of sleep. Especially when hooked on a series. Like now, I'm trying to get through Daredevil and I'm just costing myself so much sleep by watching during the week. I just simply don't have the time to do it yet I still insist on stealing that time from the sleep I should be getting. 
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online faizoff

« Reply #5895 on: November 13, 2018, 03:26:18 PM »
Thank goodness the season starts in April. I was rueing it would be later. This makes me very happy. It's around the same wait for seeing DT in Tampa.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline New World Rushman

« Reply #5896 on: November 14, 2018, 07:09:48 AM »
I recently re-watched the whole series in an odd way;

I watched reaction videos on YouTube. Kind of like Lost in Vegas, but for TV shows. I discovered this guy Jimmy Macram by accident, he watches the episode and reacts and edits each episode down to 10-15 minutes. I get a kick out of the guy, and have since re-watched all of Lost with him and am now in the middle of TWD.

Check it out if you cant commit enough time to re-watch full episodes.
(I work two jobs and have very little TV time).

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5897 on: November 14, 2018, 07:48:16 AM »

I watched reaction videos on YouTube. Kind of like Lost in Vegas, but for TV shows. I discovered this guy Jimmy Macram by accident, he watches the episode and reacts and edits each episode down to 10-15 minutes. I get a kick out of the guy, and have since re-watched all of Lost with him and am now in the middle of TWD.

Oh that's pretty cool, I've actually been slowly rewatching Lost with my gf who hasn't seen it.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5898 on: November 14, 2018, 03:37:39 PM »

Since I've watched the show so many times I may do this. That sounds like fun, and would massively cut down on the time required to binge the show yet again.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #5899 on: November 14, 2018, 03:46:19 PM »
With Daredevil over, and nothing on the horizon, I'm going to suggest my wife and I re-watch the series before it starts up again in April. We both have read all the books, but not going through that again.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5900 on: November 15, 2018, 01:00:50 AM »

Since I've watched the show so many times I may do this. That sounds like fun, and would massively cut down on the time required to binge the show yet again.
Hmm that sounds interesting, i've been meaning to re-watch the show since season 4 but never done it because of time.This might be a good workaround.  :tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline New World Rushman

« Reply #5901 on: November 15, 2018, 05:56:48 AM »

Hmm that sounds interesting, i've been meaning to re-watch the show since season 4 but never done it because of time.This might be a good workaround.  :tup

It's fun to watch him when you know a shocking moment is coming; Episode 1x9, The Red Wedding, The Purple Wedding (which he calls the greatest moment in television history!)

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5902 on: November 15, 2018, 06:14:05 AM »
Checked out of curiosity his reaction to Baelor... I thought he was like "oh no, shit, what the hell, come on" but then he just simply stared blankly and silent at the screen, with "what have I just witnessed" and "why life sucks so hard" printed on his face, and then he simply "NOPE"-d his way out of the room. Priceless ;D

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5903 on: December 01, 2018, 07:57:31 PM »
If you had to pick a favorite character, who would it be and why?

For me its Oberyn

Suave badass, that doesn't give a damn what people think of him, and has the skills to back it all up. Man did I love watching this guy

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5904 on: December 02, 2018, 06:36:00 AM »
"I have a soft spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things"

Well, more precisely, since season 1 I started to root for the trio of Tyrion, Arya and Dany. Tyrion and Arya became even better in the course of the seasons, Dany is still great but I'm afraid she will completely lose ot and will go Mad King all over Westeros.

And of course Oberyn was great as well  :metal
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:24:03 AM by MirrorMask »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5905 on: December 03, 2018, 07:47:34 AM »
Tyrion and Jon Snow

some bonus love to Bronn and The Hound as my favorite support characters

Online Adami

« Reply #5906 on: December 03, 2018, 07:49:33 AM »
I'm terrible with names, but my favorite character is definitely the slightly older British dude.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5907 on: December 03, 2018, 08:08:27 AM »
There's a whole bunch of those Adami :lol, I'm gonna guess you mean Davos.
Mine was Theon Greyjoy for the longest time, cause I love a good redemption story. Jon Snow, Tyrion of course. Lyanna Mormont is awesome even though we've seen very little of her.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #5908 on: December 03, 2018, 08:09:33 AM »
Sir Davos for me too, with the late dear Olenna and the lovable Gilly.

Online Adami

« Reply #5909 on: December 03, 2018, 08:59:34 AM »
There's a whole bunch of those Adami :lol, I'm gonna guess you mean Davos.
Mine was Theon Greyjoy for the longest time, cause I love a good redemption story. Jon Snow, Tyrion of course. Lyanna Mormont is awesome even though we've seen very little of her.

Oh i was being intentionally obtuse.

Davos is pretty awesome. Though Dame Diana left a pretty huge impression in her last secene.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5910 on: December 03, 2018, 05:30:54 PM »
Decided to take the plunged and start from scratch again in preperation for the final season. Just watched S01 this weekend which I hadn't watched since it aired. Hot damn had I forgotten how much actually happened in the first season and also how quick the pace was. It was exciting to watch knowing what's coming but also how immense the journey feel to get to where we are now, feels like forever I was this far back in the story. I guess that's because it's been literally 7 years since I was this far back.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5911 on: December 04, 2018, 06:01:22 AM »
Decided to take the plunged and start from scratch again in preperation for the final season. Just watched S01 this weekend which I hadn't watched since it aired. Hot damn had I forgotten how much actually happened in the first season and also how quick the pace was. It was exciting to watch knowing what's coming but also how immense the journey feel to get to where we are now, feels like forever I was this far back in the story. I guess that's because it's been literally 7 years since I was this far back.  :lol

There were times on my second watch that were like watching it again for the first time. There was soooo much stuff I forgot about.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5912 on: December 04, 2018, 07:20:28 AM »
Ugh, I'm still trying to decide if I want re-watch before or after the new season. I think I'm going wait primarily because all of my free time is dedicated to Red Dead 2.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5913 on: December 04, 2018, 07:31:43 AM »
Watch it before - what if the ending sucks, or your favorite character dies at the end? you'd watch 7 (8 actually) seasons knowing that in the end he/she's gonna lose.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5914 on: December 04, 2018, 08:20:37 AM »
Watch it before - what if the ending sucks, or your favorite character dies at the end? you'd watch 7 (8 actually) seasons knowing that in the end he/she's gonna lose.

Or maybe the end shows something that was revealed in season 1 and forgotten about but rewatching would make you notice it?  Things like that are why I always enjoyed rewatching.  However, you can't go wrong rewatching beforehand to refresh yourself.

I may just watch the last two seasons again, last year I rewatched the whole series with my gf who watched for the first time.