Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 650490 times)

Offline jakepriest

Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #4130 on: June 08, 2016, 01:53:45 PM »

I didn't know that it was possible at this point, but I found this girl more annoying than Daenerys.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #4131 on: June 08, 2016, 02:01:59 PM »
The Waif doesn't have a name in the books and that is the name given to her by Arya.

https://breakingt.com/collections/the-game-of-thrones-collection/products/make-westeros-great-again    :lol

What, you guys didn't know she was called the Waif? Are you real fans or what??  :P

(I didn't either - got it from here: https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Waif:lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4132 on: June 08, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »
I liked the Mormont girl, I wonder how she feels about Jorah and would he be head of the house if he was pardoned by the king/queen and came back to Westeros.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4133 on: June 08, 2016, 07:39:47 PM »
All the talk about Ian McShane has got me watching Deadwood. I now am very sad that Mcshane died after only one episode

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4134 on: June 08, 2016, 08:00:27 PM »
All the talk about Ian McShane has got me watching Deadwood. I now am very sad that Mcshane died after only one episode

I'd never watched Deadwood and then started last week. Three Episodes to go. I hope the rumors are true about a movie in the works. Apparently it's closer than ever.

Swearanger is an awesome character
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline faizoff

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4136 on: June 08, 2016, 10:55:19 PM »
Okay, 69 minutes. Not as long as 90, but still hype.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4137 on: June 08, 2016, 11:02:44 PM »
Does anybody know for sure if Hafþór Björnsson is still playing the mountain? We've only seen his face back in season 4 when he fought Oberyn Martell, I don't know if he's the person currently in the mountain's armor, the eyes seem to be CGI but I'm not sure.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #4138 on: June 08, 2016, 11:49:57 PM »
Yes, he is.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4139 on: June 09, 2016, 12:26:51 AM »
That's cool, I like him although I prefer either one of the other actors who played The Mountain

Because The Mountain is The Hound's older brother, he was knighted by Rhaegar Targaryen and fought during the rebellion so he's at least 45 years old and the actor playing The Hound looks ridiculously older than Björnsson.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4140 on: June 09, 2016, 03:42:00 AM »
Well, he's disfigured and has a beard, two traits that would make you seem older, so that could be an in-universe justification.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4141 on: June 09, 2016, 06:39:56 AM »
I think when they chose the 3rd actor they must have gone for the "bigger" over "older" look.  Regardless they probably also knew he only needed to fight and then we'd never really see his face again anyway. 

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #4142 on: June 09, 2016, 07:05:11 AM »
Yeah, I'd say they went for physical size first and foremost. The earlier two actors weren't really as physically imposing.

I was surprised to see that Hafþór Björnsson is only 27? He looks a bit older than that.

I hope we get to see him without the helmet on, but I'm sure it won't be pretty.  :omg:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4143 on: June 09, 2016, 07:09:57 AM »
I think when they chose the 3rd actor they must have gone for the "bigger" over "older" look.  Regardless they probably also knew he only needed to fight and then we'd never really see his face again anyway.

That's what I assume as well. He's won those World's Strongest Man competitions from what I've gathered.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #4144 on: June 09, 2016, 07:19:44 AM »
That's what I assume as well. He's won those World's Strongest Man competitions from what I've gathered.

Nah, he has won Europe two times, but that's only because Savickas wasn't competing. That man is unbeatable in these competitions.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4145 on: June 09, 2016, 07:34:49 AM »

Nah, he has won Europe two times, but that's only because Savickas wasn't competing. That man is unbeatable in these competitions.

You know more about it than I do. I knew he won something.  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4146 on: June 09, 2016, 07:54:12 AM »
He is big as all fuck, that's all I know.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4147 on: June 09, 2016, 08:00:52 AM »
I could take him...

...for a drink.   :biggrin:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4148 on: June 09, 2016, 08:09:23 AM »
 :tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4149 on: June 09, 2016, 08:31:06 AM »

I could be a bit of a stickler about this but I don't think we should have ever seen his face in the first place, it doesn't take looking up to realize the guy can't be anywhere over 35 and the actor playing Sandor is around 50. The reason this stuck to me is that ever since Sandor told Arya about how his older brother treated his as a child and how that basically helped shape him into the person we met on the show in the first 4 seasons, ever since that I've been looking forward to seeing him confront his brother and even though Gregor as Sandor knows him is dead and presumably just a Frankenstein monster at this point, I still remember what and who the person under the armor is, but oh well.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4150 on: June 09, 2016, 08:55:54 AM »
Yea, it's definitely something that is off, no doubts about that. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4151 on: June 09, 2016, 08:22:51 PM »

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4152 on: June 09, 2016, 08:35:33 PM »
Did anyone stop to think about Ian McShane's death in the show?  Isn't that a certain someone's M.O.for killing?  Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but was one of those three Brothers, Lem Lemoncloak?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4153 on: June 10, 2016, 06:32:53 AM »
Did anyone stop to think about Ian McShane's death in the show?  Isn't that a certain someone's M.O.for killing?  Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but was one of those three Brothers, Lem Lemoncloak?

Yes and yes, I believe somewhere someone confirmed Lem (also his clothing gives it away).  The hanging and possible changing of ways by the Brotherhood seems to imply they may be under rule of LS.  I do feel like this could be the end of season WTF moment, makes sense considering all of the dead that have been raised lately (Jon, The Mountain, Benjen)

I saw that pic on your fb before seeing it here... I totally get the feeling we may see Syrio again, just a hunch given all the other characters returning and the way Arya's story is playing out, I see it totally plausible that they are the same person.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4154 on: June 10, 2016, 06:48:35 AM »
It's funny that we're at a point in the story where the characters returning are more than the ones dying  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4155 on: June 10, 2016, 06:55:14 AM »
It's funny that we're at a point in the story where the characters returning are more than the ones dying  :lol

:lol true but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.  I can only imagine how many deaths there will be in the next few episodes.  Which I guess leads me to the question..... who do you think will die before the end of the season?

Tommen
Rickon
Ramsay
Loras

Those seem most likely to me

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4156 on: June 10, 2016, 06:56:06 AM »

Yes and yes, I believe somewhere someone confirmed Lem (also his clothing gives it away).  The hanging and possible changing of ways by the Brotherhood seems to imply they may be under rule of LS.  I do feel like this could be the end of season WTF moment, makes sense considering all of the dead that have been raised lately (Jon, The Mountain, Benjen)

I saw that pic on your fb before seeing it here... I totally get the feeling we may see Syrio again, just a hunch given all the other characters returning and the way Arya's story is playing out, I see it totally plausible that they are the same person.

Since the last two seasons have been confirmed to be shortened seasons, and we're running out of time, any unresolved deaths will start to come to light.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4157 on: June 10, 2016, 07:06:01 AM »
Ramsay will definitively get killed by Jon Snow in the battle for Winterfell, I'm afraid for side casualties and Rickon may be one of them, but I have a feeling that he will survive, if only to be the one continuing the Stark lineage after all it's said and done.

Tommen most likely will bite the bullet too, don't know how the endgame with Loras and Margaery's plans will be however. The High Sparrow either emerges out of this season as a dominant force or six feet under.

The Waif is toast also one way or the other I guess. And maybe... the Mountain!!!!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4158 on: June 10, 2016, 07:20:27 AM »
I hope Sansa gets to kill Ramsay. She's earned that.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4159 on: June 10, 2016, 07:27:09 AM »
I have an eerie feeling that Ramsay won't die at the battle of Winterfell, he'll probably be held prisoner because that's the type of person Jon Snow is.....escape.....and then maybe, just maybe Theon will get his revenge. He deserves it WAY more than Sansa IMO.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4160 on: June 10, 2016, 07:40:27 AM »
Anybody have any idea how jaqen caught caught in the first place. I've have always wondered how he got in that cage.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4161 on: June 10, 2016, 07:43:16 AM »
Anybody have any idea how jaqen caught caught in the first place. I've have always wondered how he got in that cage.

Looking back on it now it appears that he was following Arya....knew she'd be there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4162 on: June 10, 2016, 07:43:28 AM »

Maybe by Syrio changing face to Jaqen he was able to fake being a prisoner to escape Kings Landing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4163 on: June 10, 2016, 07:50:57 AM »

Maybe by Syrio changing face to Jaqen he was able to fake being a prisoner to escape Kings Landing.

as much as it's been refuted that Syrio is not Jaquen (vice versa) it really is shaping up to where that is plausible. Arya flees Kingslanding at his behest and then down the road she 'happens' to meet Jaquen.

It'd be nice to get this cleared up this season just to know, but her storyline has been only getting 5 minutes or so an episode so I doubt it'll be any more clear anytime soon.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4164 on: June 10, 2016, 07:55:54 AM »
I have an eerie feeling that Ramsay won't die at the battle of Winterfell, he'll probably be held prisoner because that's the type of person Jon Snow is.....escape.....and then maybe, just maybe Theon will get his revenge. He deserves it WAY more than Sansa IMO.

That's the way John Snow was before he died. There is no way they keep Ramsay alive. I think Sansa is going to kill him. I have a feeling that Littlefinger is going to sacrifice himself for Sansa and give her the opprotunity to kill Ramsey. We'll see in two weeks!