Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 647084 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #3850 on: May 22, 2016, 06:08:10 PM »
I wasn't trying to be lazy in regards to not typing it out. :lol I just figured it would be easier for you to read a couple of different sources. You can also go on YouTube. There are a plethora of videos explaining random theories. I spend so much time reading into these theories. It has me going back and re-reading the books. I'm folding the pages of anything that has something valuable towards a possible prediction.  I'm such a geek. :blob:

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3851 on: May 22, 2016, 07:59:42 PM »
Another absolutely amazing episode.

Hold the door......  :omg:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3852 on: May 22, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »
Question. Who warged into Hodor in the past?

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3853 on: May 22, 2016, 08:12:58 PM »
Answer: Brandon. 

We now have a time-altering aspect of the show.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3854 on: May 22, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »
That was such a bizarre scene. I'm highly upset about Summer.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3855 on: May 22, 2016, 08:17:59 PM »

For real. Not a fan of seeing the direwolfs continue to die....

A neat article with theories and such (damn the move quick)   https://www.vox.com/2016/5/22/11722146/game-of-thrones-season-6-recap-hodor-dies-bran-time-travel

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3856 on: May 22, 2016, 08:26:00 PM »
That's some wild article. I'm not a fan of the whole time-altering thing, but we'll see just how much it plays a role in the upcoming episodes.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3857 on: May 22, 2016, 08:56:48 PM »
Okay, so Jon and the gang are heading to Riverrun. I have a couple of thoughts. They will have Melisandre with them. They'll be in Riverrun. Anyone else picking up on what I'm thinking? Secondly, They have to pass Greywater Watch on the way there. That's where Howland Reed is, no?  What possibilities could occur if they happen to pass his city with Jon Snow with them?  Maybe I'm reaching, but he DOES need to find out eventually and SHE still has a possibility of returning.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3858 on: May 22, 2016, 09:28:46 PM »
SHE has so not been mentioned, that I'd entirely forgotten about her.  THAT would make for one hell of a family reunion.

They need to change the subtitle to 'all direwolves must die'.

As for the 'treeman' (or 'The Eggman' as my wife calls him).  A little advice would have been nice, pal.  The spears for one.  Or 'don't let the Ice King' touch you', or 'don't touch my roots, you pervert, or you'll be sorry'.   

We'll miss Max Von Sydow.  A shame we never got to see him do something a bit 'mischievous' as when he played Ming the Merciless.

Now.....what to do with my Hodor tee shirt.......
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #3859 on: May 22, 2016, 10:03:26 PM »
Hold the door  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3860 on: May 22, 2016, 10:05:00 PM »
I wish the book was out. We would have probably had so many more answers for things up to this point. I still wait to get that email saying the book is available for pre-order. First I'll run to the corner and rub one out, then I'll pre-order the most special edition they put out because you know they won't just release the damn book. There will be some kind of special edition with a poster or autographed something.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #3861 on: May 22, 2016, 10:09:44 PM »
So is the book already written and for some reason it's not being released, or...?

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3862 on: May 22, 2016, 10:15:12 PM »
Hold the door  :'( :'( :'(

Dude....I was legitimately near tears I felt so bad for young Willis   :'(

I'm trying to wrap my head around this one. So, would this mean that Hodor knew the entire time what his fate was, and that's why he continually said it? When he'd freak out an rock back and forth was he reliving what had yet to happen? And, how did Bran warg into him when he was young, in a dream? That has some major potential to mess with things (or I guess it's already happened if it were to happen?)

For real. Not a fan of seeing the direwolfs continue to die....

Yeah, this aspect really does suck. Does that just leave Ghost and Arya's wolf then?

And if the 'children' created the Wight Walkers then wouldn't they know how to defeat them? Why are people having to accidentally find out that Dragon Glass kills them?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3863 on: May 22, 2016, 10:27:16 PM »
Well, it still remains to be seen that last week it was really Shaggy Dog's head. Like I mentioned above, he was the biggest of the direwolves, yet that head looked really small for even a regular size direwolf. Besides him, then we have Ghost and Nymeria.

This dragon glass thing baffles me. You would think it was something the Three-Eyed Raven would have mentioned to them at some point. "So, yeah, you're going up against these White Walkers who can't be killed by steel or any other human weapon."

Three seasons later..

"Oh wait... you might want to stock up on any dragonglass or Valyrian Steel you come across because it's the only thing that CAN kill them."

I don't think Bran can affect major outcomes. Like the article says, he can change certain events, but the outcome of those events would eventually happen another way. For example, he could stop his father's head from getting chopped off, but it would just happen at a later point. At least that's how I'm perceiving the article.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3864 on: May 22, 2016, 10:30:20 PM »
Oh, by the way. I just read that the fifth episode leaked on the Internet earlier today. That's how that article was able to be put up so fast.  :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3865 on: May 22, 2016, 11:48:45 PM »
Kickass episode as usual.
Why didn't Sansa tell Jon about meeting Baelish? How would Jon even know who Baelish is?
Interesting development at the Iron Islands, it destroys a theory I had told my wife last week entailing that the upcoming battle of Winterfell will end with Ramsay Bolton captured and Sansa sending him to the Iron Islands as a present to Theon Greyjoy, oh well heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3866 on: May 23, 2016, 12:40:28 AM »
I think she kept that a secret because she wants, more than anything, to get her revenge on Ramsay. If she told Jon, and everyone there, that the information came from Littlefinger, I doubt anyone would have trusted it. She feels empowered now. We know something is going to happen on the way to Riverrun or at Riverrun. Nothing goes easily in this show so I'm wondering what the snag will be.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3867 on: May 23, 2016, 06:09:12 AM »
Hodor :'(
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online kaos2900

« Reply #3868 on: May 23, 2016, 06:13:52 AM »
What an emotional ending. Freaking Hodor man. Half way through the season and a TON has happened. I'm wondering why the Night King wants Bran and wanted to destroy the 3 eyed raven? I thought it was cool to find out that they were created by the children of the forest to protect the world from men, but with that being known why did they turn on them? So many questions!

Also, I get why Sansa wouldn't trust Peter at this point, but why would should turn away a big army. Why not use them to take over Winterfell and then use her power over Robyn to throw Peter through the moon door?

Still curious to see the end game for the Aria and Tyrion arcs. And where is Theon heading?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3869 on: May 23, 2016, 07:43:26 AM »
Well, this season is moving quickly.

What a hell of an episode.  So much knowledge.

I'm glad that Daenarys knows about Jorah's greyscale.  Interesting way to deal with that.  Not sure where he can go to find potential cures.  Perhaps Asshai by the Shadow? (Which is also a source for dragonglass, BTW)

So long, Hodor.  And at this point, I'm not sure what can stop the White Walkers (short of an army completed armed with dragonglass, or the dragons themselves).
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3870 on: May 23, 2016, 07:50:57 AM »
This episode had a very similar feeling to last season's Hardome. Man what a freaking amazing season so far and yet we are at the half way point.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3871 on: May 23, 2016, 07:54:15 AM »
I keep seeing names places but could someone help me and tell me who/what Blackfish and Benjen are and their current roles?

Also this doesn't have to do with anything but who saw the guy get resurrected with fire magic? I want to say it was Arya with the Hound but I can't remember.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3872 on: May 23, 2016, 08:03:06 AM »
I keep seeing names places but could someone help me and tell me who/what Blackfish and Benjen are and their current roles?
The Blackfish is Brynden Tully, the brother of Hoster Tully (the former lord of Riverrun) and the uncle of Catelyn Stark.

Benjen Stark is the brother of Eddard Stark, and uncle to the Stark children.  He was First Ranger of the Night's Watch, but hasn't been seen since season 1 when he never returned from a ranging trip north of the Wall.

Also this doesn't have to do with anything but who saw the guy get resurrected with fire magic? I want to say it was Arya with the Hound but I can't remember.
Yes, it was Arya.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3873 on: May 23, 2016, 08:03:26 AM »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3874 on: May 23, 2016, 09:15:04 AM »
Thanks, hef. I'm usually good at remembering characters but as a non-book reader I'm not used to a lot of the side characters.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3875 on: May 23, 2016, 09:59:15 AM »
Thanks, hef. I'm usually good at remembering characters but as a non-book reader I'm not used to a lot of the side characters.
Yeah, the number of characters is near overwhelming.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3876 on: May 23, 2016, 12:38:50 PM »
I'm trying to wrap my head around this one. So, would this mean that Hodor knew the entire time what his fate was, and that's why he continually said it?

I don't think he knew, it was probably just burned into his brain and damaged him.

And if the 'children' created the Wight Walkers then wouldn't they know how to defeat them? Why are people having to accidentally find out that Dragon Glass kills them?

They do know, and they did tell people, but last time that was needed until now was eight thousand years ago.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3877 on: May 23, 2016, 12:40:31 PM »
Also, absolutely amazing episode. One of my favorites ever.

I thought the revelation that the children created the walkers was HUGE, I loved that. And the scene where Bran walks through the undead army was so damn freaky. This episode blew me away.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3878 on: May 23, 2016, 12:51:16 PM »
I like how they made little to no effort to explain the Medusa-looking women with the three-eye raven to the viewers of the show, I didn't know what they were until last night's episode when I finally looked them up and found a lot of history.
I'm gonna stop reading fan theories since ultimately all the answers are in them one way or the other.
What's Baelish's end game here? To get everyone to go to war with Ramsay Bolton? Then what? Cause he can't possibly expect all the northern houses involved to submit to him after that..
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3879 on: May 23, 2016, 01:01:36 PM »
Just watched.  Awesome episode.  So much is happening and while we are getting more info, it just leads to more questions.

Interesting that the episode that introduces time travel in a sense was a first GoT episode for director Jack Bender who happened to also direct the TV show Lost.

The children of the forest creation on the white walkers was really awesome and brings me to ask so many more questions.  The escape from the cave was awesome.  Sucks to see Hodor go, but that was one of the best deaths in the show.  Truly heart moving.  Meera killed a white walker!

Anyone else pick up on Jon calling them walkers  :lol.  I think LF may have been BSing Sansa about the Blackfish.  I don't think the Freys would just let House Tully take back over Riverrun building an army.  This info only came out of LF when he was threatened. 

I liked how last we we were talking about the northern families and I mentioned that I didn't think we'd see or hear of the small houses because theres just so much.... yet they were all mentioned!

Seems likely that Jorah gets healed at some point.

The red priestess in Mereen also wears the same type of necklace.  Wonder how old she is.

Any chance Benjen returns and saves Bran?  Meera can't drag him very quickly and Im guessing the white walkers will be hunting him down now.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3880 on: May 23, 2016, 01:01:58 PM »
@Progmetty,  You mean the children of the forest? They were mentioned in the season 4 finale.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3881 on: May 23, 2016, 01:17:50 PM »
Also, on the after footage on hbogo, the show writers mentioned they say down with GRRM to get more details out of him and they said the "hold the door" was a huge revelation to them in that meeting.  So that seems likely to be right from the books and maybe leads to more possibilities of this season not being that far off from where the books will be going.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3882 on: May 23, 2016, 01:28:54 PM »
@Progmetty,  You mean the children of the forest? They were mentioned in the season 4 finale.

They may have been mentioned in that finame but there was no mention of that storyline for the entire fifth season so it makes some sense that some people wouldn't remember who they were.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3883 on: May 23, 2016, 01:34:32 PM »

They may have been mentioned in that finame but there was no mention of that storyline for the entire fifth season so it makes some sense that some people wouldn't remember who they were.

Also, to be fair, no one knows much about them either as the world had thought they all died off.  So even if you did't know what they were called, you aren't that far behind everyone else.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3884 on: May 23, 2016, 01:45:27 PM »

Yeah I remember "children of the forest" being mentioned a few times here and there but I made no connection between the term and the creature who appeared suddenly without introduction.
Upon further research I found that it was indeed the very creature that rescued the Bran gang and brought them inside the raven's cave in season 4 but as you see she didn't look anything like the ones we're seeing now.