Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 651054 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #2905 on: June 18, 2015, 01:34:34 AM »
The problem is there just isn't enough to go off of besides the two Dorne characters who were cut.  I'd imagine there will be more of the Dorne characters the rest of the series to build more of the characters.  I do with there was more Doran and Aero Hotah though, those two seem to be solid in the show. 

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #2906 on: June 22, 2015, 11:37:37 AM »
An excellent post describing why book readers have been so upset with this season (book spoilers ahead obv):
https://gotgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/post/121872735796/unabashed-book-snobbery-3-got-s5-s-10-most

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2907 on: June 22, 2015, 11:40:25 AM »
An excellent post describing why book readers have been so upset with this season (book spoilers ahead obv):
https://gotgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/post/121872735796/unabashed-book-snobbery-3-got-s5-s-10-most

This tumblr blog is mostly brilliant. "Your Sister of the Canals" line from S5E07 post still makes me laugh whenever I think of it. :rollin
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2908 on: June 28, 2015, 02:12:06 AM »
I just realized something. We didn't see the Iron Throne once this season, which is a first.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2909 on: June 28, 2015, 04:43:24 AM »
I just realized something. We didn't see the Iron Throne once this season, which is a first.

Really? I didn't even notice but that's actually kind of cool and probably symbolic of its meaningless in the real war.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2910 on: June 28, 2015, 05:01:02 AM »
Tommen isn't man enough to sit on it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2911 on: June 28, 2015, 06:10:44 PM »
https://www.idigitaltimes.com/game-thrones-season-6-premiere-directors-have-read-winds-winter-release-date-may-be-453750

Good to know the show runners will have legit GRRM material to base next season off of and hopefully true that an almost finished book 6 exists.  Also on a personal note, just picked up The World of Ice and Fire book which is huge and beautiful.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2912 on: June 28, 2015, 11:03:07 PM »
That is something I've been wondering about a lot. Really good to know.

And yes, the WoIaF book is wonderful.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2913 on: June 29, 2015, 09:06:46 AM »
Yea makes for a good coffee table book and I'm excited to slowly over time learn about the history of the world. There seems to be a ridiculously large amount of story's in there.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2914 on: June 29, 2015, 10:30:17 AM »
Indeed, the world Martin has created is truly impressive in it's complexity.

The bits about the far east are really cool as well, because they're so mysterious and far away from the story we know. So that stuff was a lot of fun to read. Even if it's just one sentence or two about some place so far away that people in Westeros don't even know if it's actually real or not.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2915 on: July 05, 2015, 11:17:28 AM »
Sometimes I wish they had filmed season six along with five just to have all this non stop speculation whether Jon Snow's coming back or not.
https://time.com/3945898/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-kit-harrington/
Now normally I can avoid all of this stuff, but it's literally everywhere on my news feeds and is becoming harder and harder to stay away from.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2916 on: July 05, 2015, 12:33:03 PM »
He is coming back because he is Azor Ahai Reborn.

Not that the show seeded any of that but why would the show ever think ahead /grumblingabouttheshow

note: this is speculation (very well founded speculation) and not spoilers

...my name is Araragi.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2917 on: July 05, 2015, 01:33:03 PM »
I wish they won't address all that on the show, but they probably will at some point. Ancient prophecies are so boring and cliche and it is one of my least favorite aspect of the books. The story of Azor Ahai/The Last Hero and Lightbringer and the Long Night are really cool, but I'm not very fond of this 'destined to be reborn' stuff. I hope it turns out to all be false.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2918 on: July 05, 2015, 02:35:10 PM »
I think that would be a controversial opinion amongst most Ice and Fire fans. Westeros.org would lose its collective mind if none of the prophecies come true (though some already have).

...my name is Araragi.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2919 on: July 05, 2015, 04:00:07 PM »
I would just like there to be a fantasy story without some grand prophecy for once.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2920 on: July 05, 2015, 05:40:20 PM »
There's not a lot of prophecy per se in Kingkiller Chronicles, but a lot of extremely cryptic information about the lore.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2921 on: July 21, 2015, 12:31:02 PM »
I guess this is potential spoilers? not really sure, but related to season 6 and who showed up for pre-production

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kit-harington-belfast_55ae6b1ae4b0a9b9485290d2?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2922 on: July 21, 2015, 02:16:12 PM »
I guess this is potential spoilers? not really sure, but related to season 6 and who showed up for pre-production

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kit-harington-belfast_55ae6b1ae4b0a9b9485290d2?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

As for me....I don't think I've ever not believed this wouldn't be the case. As I mentioned somewhere after the season ended....it'd be poor storytelling if Jon Snow was indeed dead
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2923 on: July 21, 2015, 02:23:32 PM »
Agreed, I also think they could have done it so that if he is still alive, that he was killed maybe in the beginning of the last episode and then brought back to life or however they do it at the end of the episode.  Just so there isn't all the talk and following of the actor to see where he is, which ends up spoiling it all anyway.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2924 on: July 21, 2015, 07:42:58 PM »
If Benioff and Weiss are smart (though based on last season I'm not putting too much faith in that) they would have him come by even if he's dead, just to create that ambiguity.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2925 on: July 22, 2015, 05:30:54 AM »
If Benioff and Weiss are smart (though based on last season I'm not putting too much faith in that) they would have him come by even if he's dead, just to create that ambiguity.

But according to them, there is no ambiguity.  They all say he is dead.  Regardless, it would be a huge mind fuck to get all this news that he is there (assumed filming) and then not have him in the show at all.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2926 on: July 22, 2015, 08:11:02 AM »
Jon Snow is dead. However, I'd bet a million dollars that he'll be brought back to life. There was never a doubt in my mind that he would be back.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2927 on: July 22, 2015, 08:22:07 AM »
Jon Snow is dead. However, I'd bet a million dollars that he'll be brought back to life. There was never a doubt in my mind that he would be back.

I dont think many disagree with this.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2928 on: July 22, 2015, 08:52:59 AM »
I have a hunch it'll be....Jon Snow is resurrected and "reborn" in which he'll assume a new name and all the GoT producers/writers and Kit Harrington can say "We weren't lying...Jon Snow IS indeed still dead".

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2929 on: July 22, 2015, 08:57:40 AM »
I have a hunch it'll be....Jon Snow is resurrected and "reborn" in which he'll assume a new name and all the GoT producers/writers and Kit Harrington can say "We weren't lying...Jon Snow IS indeed still dead".

Bingo.  Im guessing Azor Ahai or Jon Stark or Jon Targaryan.  He will be legitimized (not sure how yet, but lots of speculation that we will be getting flashbacks next season on how he was born) and by his "death" be released from his vows of the NW.  That's the popular fan theory and I believe it.  Then he will take his wilding army and march to Winterfell.  :corn

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2930 on: July 22, 2015, 09:24:53 AM »

But according to them, there is no ambiguity.  They all say he is dead.  Regardless, it would be a huge mind fuck to get all this news that he is there (assumed filming) and then not have him in the show at all.

That's what I'm saying. And whether they like it or not there was ambiguity - Harrington had been spotted in public with Jon Snow hair, which he had cut short before, and that started even more speculation that he was not permanently dead.

And of course I've never thought he was dead. He is Azor Ahai. He is the Prince That Was Promised and his is the Song of Ice and Fire... oh wait the show didn't include that part haha ok whatever

...my name is Araragi.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2931 on: July 22, 2015, 11:04:08 AM »
I think The Prince That Was Promised prophecy may end up coming up next season.  If they do a flashback, it could be shown.  A flashback that could happen via Bran or it could just be Azor Ahai which I think is in the show, Melissandre believed it to be Stannis.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2932 on: July 22, 2015, 12:00:59 PM »
I just don't see why they felt the need to cut it from the House of the Undying. That was one of the best sequences in the books, and they changed it into something pointless and stupid and killed Pyat Pree and Xaro Xhoan Daxos.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2933 on: July 22, 2015, 12:18:45 PM »
I just don't see why they felt the need to cut it from the House of the Undying. That was one of the best sequences in the books, and they changed it into something pointless and stupid and killed Pyat Pree and Xaro Xhoan Daxos.

Killing those two so far has no impact to the story.  Why was that prophecy left out?  That's a good question.  Maybe they leave that out completely. 

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2934 on: July 22, 2015, 12:20:20 PM »
Benioff and Weiss at some point stated they didn't want to do any of the flashbacks, dreams, or prophecies. OF course they already have not followed that policy so yeah.

...my name is Araragi.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2935 on: July 24, 2015, 05:36:11 PM »
The wait is already getting unbearable for me and I'm so curious how the commentaries for the season 5 boxset will go, as always can't wait!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online faizoff

« Reply #2936 on: July 31, 2015, 06:22:54 AM »
The HBO president is indicating that GOT might be headed for a total of 8 seasons. Talk also about a prequel of sorts. I guess I wouldn't mind, the more the merrier.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2937 on: July 31, 2015, 07:14:47 AM »
The HBO president is indicating that GOT might be headed for a total of 8 seasons. Talk also about a prequel of sorts. I guess I wouldn't mind, the more the merrier.

He also said 'dead is dead is dead is dead, Jon Snow is dead'.

And the prequel idea could be very interesting....lots of material there.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2938 on: July 31, 2015, 08:36:12 AM »
Well, the Season 6 Synopsis on GOT wiki says

The leading Night's Watch officers, increasingly upset at Jon's proposed alliance with the wildlings, have staged a mutiny "for the Watch" and stabbed Jon multiple times until he fell.

I would think if he's dead they would've stated it plainly. "Until he fell" is vague as hell.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2939 on: July 31, 2015, 09:20:46 AM »
Prequel eh?

Dunk and Egg?

...my name is Araragi.