Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 647083 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #2450 on: May 06, 2015, 12:54:15 PM »
^ 100% agreed.
Oh yeah that also opens another can of worms that I'm very curious about, what is the grand plan of Petyr Baelish? He always behaves as if there's one, I don't understand what he wants, I also don't understand how much he knows about things happening outside of his immediate storyline, does he know Cersei plotted to have his establishments attacked? Did Cersei find out he had a hand in Joffrey's death? Why else would she target him?

Im not sure Cersei specifically targetted the brothel, more like a side effect of arming the faith since that would be against the religion.  However, her calling him back to KL could mean she had her reasons.

As for LF's plan, I am not sure either, but he mentions "chaos" a lot.  It seems he likes to shake things up, but I am not sure exactly his motive for chaos.  One could only assume that he wants power and maybe even all of the power.  He is certainly gaining a lot of it.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2451 on: May 06, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
Oh I see, I thought she was referring to Baelish when she told the High Sparrow about a great sinner, maybe cause they cut directly to the brothel after that scene, if I recall right. But come to think of it she was talking about Loras Tyrell.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2452 on: May 06, 2015, 01:48:47 PM »
Oh I see, I thought she was referring to Baelish when she told the High Sparrow about a great sinner, maybe cause they cut directly to the brothel after that scene, if I recall right. But come to think of it she was talking about Loras Tyrell.

Yea thats what I immediately thought, but the fact the show made it clear they were going wild with the brothel, there definitely could be more there.  I had just assumed Cersei was directly going after Loras to get to Margery.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2453 on: May 06, 2015, 01:53:28 PM »
I had just assumed Cersei was directly going after Loras to get to Margery.
She was.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2454 on: May 06, 2015, 01:55:49 PM »
She was.

Seems like it's a big risk to empower that group with the sole objective to seek out the 'sinners' and punish them....I mean, she has had three kids out of an incestual relationship. I'd think that might come back to be a poor choice for her??
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2455 on: May 06, 2015, 01:57:22 PM »
She was.

Seems like it's a big risk to empower that group with the sole objective to seek out the 'sinners' and punish them....I mean, she has had three kids out of an incestual relationship. I'd think that might come back to be a poor choice for her??
Yeah, could be.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2456 on: May 06, 2015, 01:58:01 PM »
Perhaps. I think she sees the High Sparrow as good natured and fairly harmless, so it probably doesn't seem like that much of a risk to her and her manipulations.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2457 on: May 06, 2015, 02:00:29 PM »
It seems Cersei's decision is definitely not the best one. Not only she has two kids born from incest (well, three, but Joff is dead), but she has also slept with Lancel who is an active participant of this very same religious group.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2458 on: May 06, 2015, 02:05:16 PM »
Perhaps. I think she sees the High Sparrow as good natured and fairly harmless, so it probably doesn't seem like that much of a risk to her and her manipulations.

I'd think she's misread him then. In his meekness and 'fairness' I think she sees him as harmless. But, he also seems to be very principled and not afraid to dole out punishment to those who 'deserve' it in the eyes of his belief. I'd say he's one of the more dangerous people on the show right now....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2459 on: May 06, 2015, 02:40:33 PM »
She was.

Yeah, could be.

Well the show clearly showed Lancel confronting Cersei in episode 1 about thier relationship from season 2 and then this episode showed him becoming a faith militant.  And then the first scene of this season with the fortune telling giving Cersei her profecy about her children shows how she is acting desperate to protect them.  I would not be surprised to see all her children dead before the shows over or even before the season is over.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2460 on: May 06, 2015, 03:38:48 PM »
Poor Tommen though, I kinda bad for the kid. Although when he went to see the High Sparrow and the followers won't let him; I -surprisingly- found myself thinking "Joff would have reacted differently", he would have had his guards tear that whole organization to pieces, I dunno how you could bang a woman like Margery and still lack confidence, ffs man, ffs.

I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #2461 on: May 07, 2015, 06:39:43 AM »
Some theory I saw was Cersei's doing this to help with the debt from the clergy I think

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2462 on: May 07, 2015, 06:52:33 AM »
Some theory I saw was Cersei's doing this to help with the debt from the clergy I think
Not really a theory, if memory serves that was expressly done in the novel.  I guess it wasn't made very clear on the show.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2463 on: May 07, 2015, 07:43:23 AM »
Poor Tommen though, I kinda bad for the kid. Although when he went to see the High Sparrow and the followers won't let him; I -surprisingly- found myself thinking "Joff would have reacted differently", he would have had his guards tear that whole organization to pieces, I dunno how you could bang a woman like Margery and still lack confidence, ffs man, ffs.

I dunno how you could get out of bed AT ALL....
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline FracturedMirror

« Reply #2464 on: May 08, 2015, 01:37:51 PM »
Game of Thrones, Sesame Street style:

https://youtu.be/dhWUFXvaZjo

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2465 on: May 09, 2015, 12:42:05 PM »

It's also becoming more apparent that he has no idea how to rule and is easily persuaded. I know he's a kid but he'll never make a decision on his own.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2466 on: May 09, 2015, 01:00:36 PM »
I'm rewatching Season 4 today.  I completely forgot in the first episode that they kill Axell Florent.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2467 on: May 10, 2015, 09:51:26 PM »
Great to see Dany use those Dragons to her advantage and invoke some fear and re-gain some confidence.

Offline Tanatra

• Forum Spider
« Reply #2468 on: May 11, 2015, 03:39:32 AM »
Best episode of S5 so far. It more than made up for Barristan's disappointing death last week, and set up the remainder of the season in the North and Mereen quite nicely. Sad as I am to admit it, it was a great call on the show's part to have what happened to Jon Connington in the books happen to a character that people are more attached to.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2469 on: May 11, 2015, 07:33:27 AM »
^I agree.^  I am curious to see how the TV producers take the storylines going forward.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2470 on: May 11, 2015, 07:38:20 AM »
Well if they aren't going to have a Jon Connington in the show (and I think last night confirmed that) then yea, its a good decision to have Jorah be the one with Greyscale.  I really liked the Ramsay family dinner scene.  I did find it odd the Roose just let Ramsay act all psycho though.  I'm glad we finally see Stannis march south although him taking Melisandre and Shireen seems odd. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2471 on: May 11, 2015, 08:24:25 AM »
Concerning Stannis and Little Finger....Being that Stannis said 'that wasn't Ned Stark's Way' and he and Little Finger were around and saw what went down......do  you think they both know that Jon Snow was the Love Child of Rheygar and Lyanna? Cold that explain the admiration that Stannis seems to have for Jon?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2472 on: May 11, 2015, 08:28:42 AM »
Concerning Stannis and Little Finger....Being that Stannis said 'that wasn't Ned Stark's Way' and he and Little Finger were around and saw what went down......do  you think they both know that Jon Snow was the Love Child of Rheygar and Lyanna? Cold that explain the admiration that Stannis seems to have for Jon?

I think that is definitely a possibility.  I always thought Stannis admired Jon because he was a Stark in blood and Stannis had a lot of respect for Ned.  The show is throwing tons of hints about Jon's real potential parentage this season so what you pointed out, could be the real reason why Stannis treats Jon the way he does.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2473 on: May 11, 2015, 09:02:02 AM »
I hope they do introduce the Griffs at some point. I would be highly pissed if they tossed away that story line, especially considering who Young Griff is.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2474 on: May 11, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »
I hope they do introduce the Griffs at some point. I would be highly pissed if they tossed away that story line, especially considering who Young Griff is.

I read a fan theory that since it's pretty clear Young Griff is cut (at least from his story that we read about in aDwD, it's possible he is in the show in a different scenario.  Maybe Trystane Martell is actually Aegon?  We know the show is taking a different approach to Dorne and with the casting of Trystane and no Quintin or Arrianne, is it possible that Doran's master plan included hiding Aegon as his own child this entire time?  I personally believe Young Griff is just flat out cut though and that Aegon is a fake in the books.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2475 on: May 11, 2015, 09:49:07 AM »
Oh and.....how lucky is ol' boy who goes from about to get set on fire and fed to some Dragons to being told he's gonna marry Dany? Talk about ADTOE

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2476 on: May 11, 2015, 10:21:29 AM »

I read a fan theory that since it's pretty clear Young Griff is cut (at least from his story that we read about in aDwD, it's possible he is in the show in a different scenario.  Maybe Trystane Martell is actually Aegon?  We know the show is taking a different approach to Dorne and with the casting of Trystane and no Quintin or Arrianne, is it possible that Doran's master plan included hiding Aegon as his own child this entire time?  I personally believe Young Griff is just flat out cut though and that Aegon is a fake in the books.

I sincerely hope that they don't remove Dany's only other living relative (besides Jon Snow of course).  That's fucking with a major story line in the book.  It's not like killing Ser Barristan or sending Melisandre and the Princess with Stannis. We're talking about a major part of the plot. I'm all for making the show it's own entity but I think that's a bit extreme. Unless that's something the writers are holding off untll the final episode of the season.  That would be a huge cliffhanger along with Jon Snow's "death". How else do you end Dany's and Tyrion's story this season?  I think that would be a perfect way to close out the season.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2477 on: May 11, 2015, 10:51:39 AM »

I sincerely hope that they don't remove Dany's only other living relative (besides Jon Snow of course).  That's fucking with a major story line in the book.  It's not like killing Ser Barristan or sending Melisandre and the Princess with Stannis. We're talking about a major part of the plot. I'm all for making the show it's own entity but I think that's a bit extreme. Unless that's something the writers are holding off untll the final episode of the season.  That would be a huge cliffhanger along with Jon Snow's "death". How else do you end Dany's and Tyrion's story this season?  I think that would be a perfect way to close out the season.

Dany flying off on Drogon should be the end of her story arc this season as it was in the books leaving Tyrion in control in Mereen (taking Selmys spot)  Young Griff was a major storyline for the last book, but so was Quintin and that lead no where... it's very possible Young Griff is a fake and that storyline does not lead anywhere as well.  We just don't know.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2478 on: May 11, 2015, 10:57:52 AM »

Dany flying off on Drogon should be the end of her story arc this season as it was in the books leaving Tyrion in control in Mereen (taking Selmys spot)  Young Griff was a major storyline for the last book, but so was Quintin and that lead no where... it's very possible Young Griff is a fake and that storyline does not lead anywhere as well.  We just don't know.

I don't consider Young Griff (if he is who we know him to be) and Quintin to be equal as far as importance. You're right, it does remain to be seen about Young Griff but considering this was a plan of Vary's from the beginning, I do put a lot of faith in him being Dany's nephew.   

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2479 on: May 11, 2015, 12:46:38 PM »
Brilliant episode. Packed with awesome scenes. Oh and PEOPLE ARE FINALLY TALKING ABOUT THE WHITE WALKERS, awesome stuff.

--- POSSIBLY SPOILERS I GUESS? ----

I thought Sam's future storyline would have started by the first or second episode, but I'm glad they had that scene between him and Stannis before. And at least it seems to be on the horizon.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2480 on: May 11, 2015, 01:33:16 PM »
I fear that Stannis is becoming too awesome and he will be killed.  Besides saving the Night's Watch last season, this season he has been the loving Dad, Jon's best friend, and been nice to Sam.  He cares about the White Walkers and wants to defeat the bad guy Boltons.  He seems destined to die now.  :(

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2481 on: May 11, 2015, 01:38:18 PM »
I fear that Stannis is becoming too awesome and he will be killed.  Besides saving the Night's Watch last season, this season he has been the loving Dad, Jon's best friend, and been nice to Sam.  He cares about the White Walkers and wants to defeat the bad guy Boltons.  He seems destined to die now.  :(

:lol   I was thinking the same thing. Prior to this season I had little interest in his character and in fact found him quite annoying. Now, he seems pretty cool and I'm rooting for him....which....is usually the kiss of death.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2482 on: May 11, 2015, 01:51:20 PM »

:lol   I was thinking the same thing. Prior to this season I had little interest in his character and in fact found him quite annoying. Now, he seems pretty cool and I'm rooting for him....which....is usually the kiss of death.

Oh, and I forgot to add that LF stated he was the obvious choice to win the battle for WF since he has a bigger army.  Just too much going for him and I agree, he seems to have gotten the kiss of death.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2483 on: May 11, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »
Excellent episode last night! Lots of great lines throughout (yay for "kill the boy"). Loved the way the show has handled Stannis this season, for the first time I think the writers "get" Stannis and aren't writing him overtly villain-y.

Have nothing bad to say about the episode, RIP to Barry the Bold.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Tanatra

• Forum Spider
« Reply #2484 on: May 11, 2015, 07:17:47 PM »

I don't consider Young Griff (if he is who we know him to be) and Quintin to be equal as far as importance. You're right, it does remain to be seen about Young Griff but considering this was a plan of Vary's from the beginning, I do put a lot of faith in him being Dany's nephew. 

There's no way the show is done with Varys yet, given the lack of closure in how he was left in Volantis. I could see him giving up on Danaerys and producing a Young Griff, though probably not until next season. I'm sure he'll also reappear like he did in the books to murder Kevan Lannister or someone similar, but the latter was motivated by the former.