Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 628276 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #665 on: July 13, 2012, 10:50:37 PM »
Tormund has been cast, that's been know for a while now.

Vargo is also being casted.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #666 on: July 13, 2012, 10:56:05 PM »
Tormund has been cast, that's been know for a while now.
Oh good, he's pretty important.

And he has some classic lines of dialogue.  :lol

Really?  Wow.

If ever there was a character that could be cut without harm to the story it would be him.

And the Queen of Thorns too for that matter.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #667 on: July 13, 2012, 11:07:52 PM »
The other characters who've been cast, HBO hasn't confirm this but like 7-8 different sites have so it must be accurate:

Tormund Gianstbane, self-styled Tall-talker, Horn-blower and Breaker of Ice, Husband to Bears, the Mead-king of Ruddy Hall, Speaker to Gods and Father of Hosts.
Anguy the Archer
Selyse Baratheon
Qyburn
Edmure Tully

So we will see Riverrun!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #668 on: July 31, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »
Michelle Maclaren will be directing episodes 7 and 8 of Game of Thrones' next season, which is wonderful news.

To those of you who don't know who that is: SHE IS THE BEST.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #669 on: July 31, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »
Ramsay Snow has been cast! ("Not Snow, never Snow")

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #670 on: July 31, 2012, 09:26:22 PM »

Really?  Wow.

If ever there was a character that could be cut without harm to the story it would be him.

I think the Bloody Mummers are pretty important, and Vargo is their leader. Seems important enough.

And correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Queen of Thorns responsible for the Purple Wedding in some capacity?

...my name is Araragi.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #671 on: July 31, 2012, 09:33:32 PM »

Really?  Wow.

I think the Bloody Mummers are pretty important, and Vargo is their leader. Seems important enough.
They're kinda important, yeah, I just figured they'd be one of those 'important but easy to cut' groups of characters.

And correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Queen of Thorns responsible for the Purple Wedding in some capacity?
They can change it or pawn it off on another character like Maegery (Sp?) or just have Littlefinger do it.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #672 on: July 31, 2012, 09:36:47 PM »
If they're bringing the Queen of Thorns they won't do that (but that's what happens anyway, technically). That's basically the only thing she does in the novel.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #673 on: August 01, 2012, 06:37:39 PM »
It's official. I have an unhealthy love of this series.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #674 on: August 17, 2012, 09:44:22 AM »
https://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/17/game-of-thrones-mance-rayder/

This guy will make a pretty good Mance, I think.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #675 on: August 17, 2012, 10:09:08 AM »
Finally!

And well, it's a bit of a shame that Hoster will not appear, only because his burial would've been a pretty great image. But whatever, nothing important happens with him.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #676 on: August 17, 2012, 12:51:03 PM »
Finally!

And well, it's a bit of a shame that Hoster will not appear, only because his burial would've been a pretty great image. But whatever, nothing important happens with him.

Are you sure?

(I hope that the third season will begin with the burial. Just that, with no introductive dialogue)
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #677 on: August 18, 2012, 12:19:04 AM »
Shit! They filmed it?!?! Awesome!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #678 on: August 20, 2012, 03:07:53 PM »
Daario and Grey Worm have been cast!

https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/20/game-of-thrones-two-warriors-cast-for-season-3

Honestly, the dude who will be Daario looks nothing how I've pictured him on my mind or how he's described, but it's not the first time it's happen on this show. Grey Worm looks like how I've pictured him, a bit younger, though.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #679 on: August 21, 2012, 09:51:39 AM »
Haha, Grey Worm's actor doesn't quite look as fierce as the description makes the Unsullied out to be.

And who knows, they'll probably spice up each actor to the point where they look nothing like those pictures. Looking forward to it.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #680 on: August 22, 2012, 07:02:50 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #681 on: September 01, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »
So, mrs. snapple and I finished watching the 1st season. We liked it overall, but we don't seem to see why people obsess over it. Is the 2nd season superior to the first?

edit: the way the show was shot was visually stunning. That and the intrigue of what the hell is going to happen next is what is keeping me watching.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:30:38 PM by snapple »

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #682 on: September 01, 2012, 09:18:31 PM »
Finally!

Are you sure?

(I hope that the third season will begin with the burial. Just that, with no introductive dialogue)

Just the way this scene looks reminds me heavily of something out of LOTR for some reason.

Online SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #683 on: September 02, 2012, 12:32:58 PM »
So, mrs. snapple and I finished watching the 1st season. We liked it overall, but we don't seem to see why people obsess over it. Is the 2nd season superior to the first?
No, I think the first season is better. The third season is probably going to slay though. (I have read the books)
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #684 on: September 02, 2012, 02:01:21 PM »
Depending on how faithful the adaptation is Seasons 3 and 4 could be the best seasons of TV ever.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #685 on: September 02, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »
Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #686 on: September 02, 2012, 02:18:44 PM »
Depending on how faithful the adaptation is Seasons 3 and 4 could be the best seasons of TV ever.

It's their best chance to slay. The material is top notch, they only have to be careful and avoid stupid adaptation mistakes like Talisa/Jeyne and not showing prophecies in the House Of The Undying...
- Marco

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #687 on: September 02, 2012, 03:37:58 PM »
We've been enjoying season 2 more, so far. We're only 3 or 4 episodes in ATM. We really like the Imp, but I wish he wasn't such a central character. The character is obviously strong enough to be one, but he's much more enjoyable in more of a supporting character capacity.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #688 on: September 03, 2012, 08:51:51 AM »
Season 2> Season 1.

Offline TVC 15

• I was bored before I even began
« Reply #689 on: October 11, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »
Time to lop off those legs!  GoT posted a casting call for amputees that will appear in the Red Wedding scene.

https://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/thrones_seeks_game_amputees_for_Zyto2R89lJEQzWrG6sNoRJ

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #690 on: October 11, 2012, 02:01:19 PM »
FUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #691 on: October 11, 2012, 02:09:51 PM »
We had a discussion about this a year or two ago, but Martin has acknowledged he is worried about finishing the books in time to finish the tv series.  He is even worried about getting Winds of Winter done in time for the tv series.  Winds of Winter as of this month has ~200 pages close to finished and another ~200 in rough form.  He had a head start from Dance of Dragon hold over chapters, though, and expects 1500+ pages of manuscript.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #692 on: October 11, 2012, 02:15:57 PM »
The Red Wedding. And so, at the end, we have come to this. Nothing will ever be the same.
- Marco

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #693 on: October 11, 2012, 02:24:54 PM »
Could we avoid talking about future developments for the sake of the non-readers, please?  There is a book thread.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #694 on: October 11, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
We had a discussion about this a year or two ago, but Martin has acknowledged he is worried about finishing the books in time to finish the tv series.  He is even worried about getting Winds of Winter done in time for the tv series.  Winds of Winter as of this month has ~200 pages close to finished and another ~200 in rough form.  He had a head start from Dance of Dragon hold over chapters, though, and expects 1500+ pages of manuscript.
Well, if he just stopped doing press tours, going to conventions and shit he would do it. But he won't stop doing that, for whatever reason you wanna think.

He should have around 4 years to finish the series though (approximately), since ASoS is being split in two season and then there's AFfC, ADwD.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #695 on: October 11, 2012, 02:34:45 PM »
Well, if he just stopped doing press tours, going to conventions and shit he would do it. But he won't stop doing that, for whatever reason you wanna think.

He should have around 4 years to finish the series though (approximately), since ASoS is being split in two season and then there's AFfC, ADwD.

I think AFFC and ADWD will take more than two seasons. Three, most likely.
- Marco

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #696 on: October 11, 2012, 02:36:32 PM »

I don't know, I have a feeling they'll mix the two of them together because AFfC is kinda slow and both books are happening simultaneously anyway.

But I read that they're bringing one storyline from ADwD to this third season of the show, the best story arc from that book (that should be all the info you need to figure it out).

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #697 on: October 11, 2012, 02:44:40 PM »
I can't even remember what the best arc from ADwD's was, can you pm me?  :lol  In the end, though, when Martin is expressing a worry about finishing I think the speculation many of us had about the prospect of the tv show beating the books becomes a very realistic problem.  I wonder if he will cave and let the tv show tell a version of the story first.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #698 on: October 11, 2012, 02:54:56 PM »

I don't know, I have a feeling they'll mix the two of them together because AFfC is kinda slow and both books are happening simultaneously anyway.

But I read that they're bringing one storyline from ADwD to this third season of the show, the best story arc from that book (that should be all the info you need to figure it out).

AFAIK, they are not moving anything, they are just adding a plotline to fill a long lapse in the books.
- Marco

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #699 on: October 11, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »
I can't even remember what the best arc from ADwD's was, can you pm me?  :lol
Sent