Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 628667 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #560 on: April 30, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
Would you not done the same thing had you received the reception he did from his sister, father and countrymen? If there's one thing Theon is when it comes to his heritage is proud and he's trying to gain back pride while showing his father "I am worthy of being your son, your heir!"
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline TVC 15

• I was bored before I even began
« Reply #561 on: April 30, 2012, 05:56:38 PM »
Human nature is human nature on that end, I'd say.

One other development that's got me intrigued is how Stannis seems to be having buyer's remorse regarding the devil's pact he's made with Melisandre.  Davos was smart enough to advise him about what to do with her next.  I'm sure Melisandre's cunning nature has caught on to this plot to sideline her though.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #562 on: April 30, 2012, 07:38:54 PM »
So that was another awsome episode last night!  Very plot heavy and set up a lot of exciting stuff to come in the second half of the season.  Me likey.  Also that awesome shot of the brothers of the Watch setting up shop at the Fist of the First Men with the lovely Iceland scenery and Ghost just chillin= :hefdaddy.

I loved how that scene was shot. Ghost was just standing there being all "yeah, badass dire wolf here, whatcha gonna do? NOTHING."  :biggrin:
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline TVC 15

« Reply #563 on: May 07, 2012, 03:01:54 AM »
Huh.  It's either dudes unwilling to chop off heads or being plain miserable at the task of doing so on the latest episode. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:09:17 AM by TVC 15 »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #564 on: May 07, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
Some beautiful cinematography on Jon Snow's story this week!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #565 on: May 07, 2012, 09:26:54 AM »
Jaquen is such a badass.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #566 on: May 07, 2012, 09:28:15 AM »
A man knows this.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #567 on: May 07, 2012, 09:34:44 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TVC 15

« Reply #568 on: May 07, 2012, 10:09:48 AM »
Some beautiful cinematography on Jon Snow's story this week!

Been enjoying the scenes north of The Wall lately.

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #569 on: May 07, 2012, 10:21:46 AM »
So man, they really are deviating from the book a lot this season, but you know what?  I kind of like it.  A lot.  I've read the books, I know what happens in that version of the story.  Changing things up here and there on the show makes it more interesting for me, because now while I obviously know the gist of where things are going I don't know exactly how it will all go down.  Me likey.  Another great episode!  :tup  Loved the Jon & Ygritte scenes, and man are they doing a good job of making Theon seem like such a little bitch!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #570 on: May 07, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »
Agreed, even with all they've deviated I really thought this episode was magnificent!

I just hope the writers don't change a thing about the things that happened on the House of the Undying.

Offline TVC 15

« Reply #571 on: May 07, 2012, 02:32:56 PM »
Nothing more satisfying than seeing an entitled little shit slapped in the face.  First by cow dung, then by his uncle.  Knock some sense into the idiot, Tyrion!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #572 on: May 07, 2012, 03:41:19 PM »
"Demon monkey!?"  :lol Love that man.

Recent episode was pretty good, I'm interested in what will become of those poor little dragons and where they are being taken to. I'm assuming it's the Undead place or whatever, but don't consider this a spoiler considering I know nothing of the books and have been a relatively casual fan of the show until a few episodes ago. I'm going back and watching S1 now.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #573 on: May 08, 2012, 08:31:54 AM »
There were some great scenes in recent episode.  Theon & Winterfell, Jon and Ygrette, Dany and that Qarth merchant (forgot his name)

Also, the actress that plays Margaery Tyrell might possibly be the most amazing thing in the universe.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #574 on: May 10, 2012, 12:44:29 PM »

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #575 on: May 10, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »
Now wait a second you mother f!  I made almost the same damn joke in the Marvel thread yesterday and I recall you being the first to be all  :| which started a circle jerk of people telling me I wasn't funny!  :lol

Here's what I don't get about Iron Man though- if he's a Stark, why does his armor bear the colors of House Lannister?

(badum-ting!)

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #576 on: May 10, 2012, 12:54:30 PM »
I would say that was a good joke.  :tup

Also, Rickon is missing from that photo.  Get it right  :facepalm:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #577 on: May 10, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »
No one cares about Rickon!

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #578 on: May 10, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »

Now here's a fine fellow- someone fetch this man a flagon of mead!

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #579 on: May 10, 2012, 02:09:42 PM »

I thought it was a good joke, too.  That's why I stole it and posted it on facebook as my own.   :P

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #580 on: May 10, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »

I thought it was a good joke, too.  That's why I stole it and posted it on facebook as my own.   :P

:omg: Where are my royalties!?

Nah no worries dude, I don't seek personal glory.  I'm all about what's good for the realm as a whole.  I'm kind of like Varys, 'cept I still have my penis.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #581 on: May 10, 2012, 03:55:07 PM »
Finally saw the episode today. Holy shit in a handbag.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #582 on: May 10, 2012, 04:05:57 PM »
"Demon monkey!?"  :lol Love that man.

Recent episode was pretty good, I'm interested in what will become of those poor little dragons and where they are being taken to. I'm assuming it's the Undead place or whatever, but don't consider this a spoiler considering I know nothing of the books and have been a relatively casual fan of the show until a few episodes ago. I'm going back and watching S1 now.

Not to worry, the dragon kidnapping isn't in the books. Dany's subplots in the second book are a little slow, so I guess they decided to spice them up some.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #583 on: May 10, 2012, 06:29:01 PM »
In the last episode I really found funny the scene where the bastard and the girl flirting due to coldness.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #584 on: May 11, 2012, 01:43:55 PM »
I'm finally caught up on this season. Wow. This show may now be my favorite on TV. This season gets more intense by the episode and the characters and scenery are beyond amazing. I find this season so far to be a lot better than the first and that's not to say the first was bad, I just wasn't so consumed in the 7 kingdoms as I am now.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #585 on: May 11, 2012, 02:24:43 PM »
I would go the opposite way: last season was brilliant and I couldn't get enough of it. This season for me was slow to pick up pace but the last couple episodes have been dynamite.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #586 on: May 11, 2012, 11:07:32 PM »
I've been generally pleased with this season so far.  Clash of Kings would be a hellish book to adapt, IMO.  Game Of Thrones has a much more straight-forward structure, so I was a bit harsher on some of the deviations.  So far though, Season 2 had a slow start, but now that it's kicked into high gear, it has been excellent.  The changes to the book actually enhance the story and feel much more natural than before while in Season the additions usually amounted to either Ros fucking someone or two characters chatting about something.

So yeah, big thumbs up from me for Season 2 so far.  If the quality keeps on going up like this, Season 3 is going to result in a lot of spooge-covered televisions.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #587 on: May 13, 2012, 02:06:27 PM »
I think they are doing really well with parts of it.  Tyrion's scenes have been fantastic (and I really have trouble imagining them otherwise since they're so well written in the books) as well as Arya's and especially Theon's.  However, their adaptation of the Stannis/Davos storyline has been weak and, I imagine, very confusing for non-readers.  Also, Qarth hasn't been very interesting, but I understand that they need to remind the watchers that Dany is around without terribly eventful things going on for her in the book's narrative. 

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #588 on: May 13, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »
This is possibly the greatest .gif of all time!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #589 on: May 13, 2012, 04:39:08 PM »
That was an awesome bitch slap.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #590 on: May 13, 2012, 08:07:25 PM »
Yet another fantastic episode. The interactions between Tywin and Arya are just full of win! In fact, most character interactions on this episode were very, very good.

To the other book readers, was I the only one who fistpumped at "You know nothing, Jon Snow."

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #591 on: May 14, 2012, 07:07:03 AM »
To the other book readers, was I the only one who fistpumped at "You know nothing, Jon Snow."

I giggled like a little school girl to which my girlfriend looked at me like :facepalm: :|

Help on this (spoiler)
Also, maybe I missed it in the books and the show;  but why was Theon remorseful at the final scene.  Who were those two people?  Seemed like kids from the farm nearby; but he ordered it to happen.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #592 on: May 14, 2012, 09:16:14 AM »
PM'd you the answer, soundgarden.

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #593 on: May 14, 2012, 09:17:13 AM »
Yea, thanks.  I remember now.

*major spoiler, don't even THINK of reading it*
I have a strong suspicion that I (a 6 foot 220 lb muscular guy) will cry like a little girl when Jon holds dying Ygrette while she says "You know nothing, Jon Snow."  I know I will...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:22:58 AM by soundgarden »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #594 on: May 14, 2012, 09:33:03 AM »
Spoilers too, don't read.

but that's like 2 years away. The executive producers have stated that ASoS will be divided into two season (no way in hell they can fit the book into 10 episodes) and I'm guessing they'll end the first season/part on the Red Wedding and that happens afterward.