Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 639343 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #6160 on: April 12, 2019, 07:22:45 AM »
I think that entire sequence (from NK grabbing his spear to Viserion sinking into the water) is one of my top 10, possibly top 5 favorite moments in the show. Such an awesome display of might and magic. And it's shot so beautifully.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6161 on: April 12, 2019, 07:29:37 AM »
It's also a brutal shock for Dany. Whenever she goes people shiver in fear in front of their dragons, he destroyed the morale of the Lannister army showing up with just one dragon out of three, and everyone realized that a war against dragons couldn't be won.

Then she goes behind the Wall, where she still scarcely believe that White Walkers are actually a thing, and the Night King goes "Hold my beer", aims, takes ONE strike and shoots down Viserion. Brutal and the most horrible wake up call about the threat of the White Walkers.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6162 on: April 12, 2019, 07:31:28 AM »
Drogon was on a rescue mission, the other dragon (can't remember his name) was actually wreaking havoc.

If you have two enemy helicopters and one is on the ground embarking soldiers, and the other one is in the air shooting targets, you aim the bazooka at the helicopter that's actually bombing you.

Good point....didn’t look at it like that. I was thinking....there sits the largest and most powerful of the three dragons AND it’s ‘master’. But I guess the Night King doesn’t really give a  :censored as he’s probably pretty confident that no one can stop him anyway.

Him sitting on the ground might have been a factor in that decision as well. The dragon he hit died because it slammed into the ice after a free fall, not because it got hit with the spear. Had he hit Drogon instead, the largest dragon, it most likely wouldn't have been a lethal blow and the night king probably would have just gotten roasted like a marshmallow by a really pissed off dragon.

The way there was a burst of flame then black smoke trailing from the spear wound I was under the impression there was some ‘magic’ involved there as well? Maybe not?
I agree, the fact it's a spear of ice (and we know White Walker's weapons have some magic about them, such as have been shown shattering regular weapons) was a factor in it killing a dragon with a single blow rather than just any spear. The way the fires go out and the amount of blood I think he hit it in the heart or some vital spot of the dragon and that the ice spear striking it there was "fire quenching" in a way.

The moment the Night King kills the dragon can be seen here: https://youtu.be/jstUSsF3We4?t=409

After watching that again a couple times there was something more to than that just being a 'spear'. Definitely some 'magic'....the explosion on impact and the amount of blood Viserion was losing speaks to that spears power. I paused it on impact and I think it's no coincidence that the Night Kings spear hit near the exact spot the Qyburn's crossbow bolt hit Drogon.....with two different outcomes.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6163 on: April 12, 2019, 07:34:11 AM »
It's also a brutal shock for Dany. Whenever she goes people shiver in fear in front of their dragons, he destroyed the morale of the Lannister army showing up with just one dragon out of three, and everyone realized that a war against dragons couldn't be won.

Then she goes behind the Wall, where she still scarcely believe that White Walkers are actually a thing, and the Night King goes "Hold my beer", aims, takes ONE strike and shoots down Viserion. Brutal and the most horrible wake up call about the threat of the White Walkers.

It was a shock to the audience as well  :lol   I remember being floored at the fact that one of the dragons died....I 'knew' one or two would die eventually given how the show is but like you said....they were being built up as 'invincible'...especially after Drogon shook off that bolt attack.

And...I think Drogon is dying by the end of the season.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6164 on: April 12, 2019, 07:39:19 AM »

Spot on. And right up to that point, she's kicking all kinds of ass. The guys basically stop fighting on that little island as she's mowing hundreds of wights down in single bursts of fire and drowning the rest. That's a hard defeat to swallow after that kind of ass kicking. I can't freaking wait to see how they defeat Viserion - or maybe they just can't, and he only dies when the NK dies - and whether or not Drogon and Rhaegal make it out. I'm betting either both of them die, or Rhaegal dies.

EDIT: Funny that gmd predicts the opposite, that Drogon is gonna die by the end. It's so hard to predict. I want to think that Dany and Drogon live... or maybe Jon lives and has Drogon, or Dany lives and has Rhaegal... 2 more days needs to FLY BY!!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6165 on: April 12, 2019, 07:54:22 AM »

Spot on. And right up to that point, she's kicking all kinds of ass. The guys basically stop fighting on that little island as she's mowing hundreds of wights down in single bursts of fire and drowning the rest. That's a hard defeat to swallow after that kind of ass kicking. I can't freaking wait to see how they defeat Viserion - or maybe they just can't, and he only dies when the NK dies - and whether or not Drogon and Rhaegal make it out. I'm betting either both of them die, or Rhaegal dies.

EDIT: Funny that gmd predicts the opposite, that Drogon is gonna die by the end. It's so hard to predict. I want to think that Dany and Drogon live... or maybe Jon lives and has Drogon, or Dany lives and has Rhaegal... 2 more days needs to FLY BY!!

I'm leaning towards Jon living with Rhaegal......Danny and Drogon die. Who F'n knows  :lol   I created one of those office death pools based off a few I saw online and you can sit and convince yourself of each of these characters living the whole time or dying. You can rationalize it either way with any of them.  :lol

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #6166 on: April 12, 2019, 07:59:00 AM »
Yeah the fact that The Spoils Of War did so well at showing the power of the dragons (the way that attack happened even mirrored Hardhome being from the point of view of the victims experiencing the slow building horror as they realise what's coming then the sheer chaos), it was a great moment to have such a brutal takedown of one of the dragons once they faced the White Walkers to show the characters and the audience that it was going to be much more difficult even with dragons.

And I love the fact that even while the dragons are easily burning the wights and there's victorious music, there's no shots of White Walkers looking scared or surprised or anything like that. The first time you see them react after the dragons arrive is when one of them calmly hands the Night's King a spear and he moves forward full of confidence.

Also that for me pretty much confirms the idea that the Night's King knew about and wanted dragons to come and that the whole frozen lake thing was a trap for them. It's the type of thing that at first sounds like an "out there" theory that could maybe be true but requires some reaching. But in fact I think it's reaching to try to explain what happened any other way. From the fact the White Walkers had already been seen at the exact spot Jon Snow and the others made their last stand (when Bran sent ravens beyond the Wall), to the fact that the White Walkers were waiting ready with ice spears that seem specifically suited for killing dragons. And the Night's King was able to see and interact with Bran in his visions so that he has some sort of greenseer like ability is established.

(Incidentally that's one of the reasons I'm forgiving of some of the stuff about the frozen lake standoff that seems contrived or overly convenient - it was contrived, by the White Walkers so they could bring the dragons to them :p )

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6167 on: April 12, 2019, 08:06:05 AM »
I agree it seems like the Night King and his Knights were expecting the dragons to arrive....and that, Jon and Co. basically walked into a trap. I think they've given us enough evidence that the Night King has 'some' sort of vision like power....what extent is unknown but as you mention....i think he knew those dragons would show up and his 'mission' there was to get himself a Dragon so that he could tear down the wall.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6168 on: April 12, 2019, 09:03:24 AM »
And to think that all it took was to actually remember that Bran was in Winterfell doing nothing. He could have been the unwitting catalyst of it all - we saw the Night King touch him and we saw him warging into a raven to fly beyond the wall, he should have been the one to alert Dany, not Gendry running by foot to Eastwatch to send a supersonic raven to her.

It would have perfectly explained the whole "the gang is trapped on a lake and the wights just stand there" scenario, the wait for the dragons, and delve more into the mindfuckery of Bran's powers, and how the Night King sees everything he does. A missed opportunity.

(Another suggestion that I liked was that Jaimie should have been part of the suicide squad - he should have been captured after the battle on the road, and the rationale would have been "you go with them. You will see with your own eyes that the White Walkers are real, and if we don't capture a wight, you can still testimony to Cersei they're real". Heck, the whole meeting in the last episode could have been an exchange of favors - we give you back Jaimie and you allow us to go North to fight the White Walkers. I know that Jaime can't always be captured, but it would have given to everyone more reasons to actually meet.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6169 on: April 14, 2019, 10:10:46 AM »
On the immediate eve of season 8, I thought it would be nice to look back at how each season began and ended. What's your favorite season ending? (beginnings are a bit tame by comparison)

SEASON 1
Prologue: The White Walkers attack the Night's Watch rangers
Actual first scene: The deserter gets apprehended and news reach Winterfell
Last scene: Dragons come to life in Dany's unburt and naked arms

SEASON 2
First scene: Tournament in honor of Joffrey's nameday
Last scene: Sam witnesses the army of the dead

SEASON 3
Prologue: The immediate aftermath of the White Walkers raid
Actual first scene: Jon Snow reaches Mance Rayder's camp
Last scene: Dany crowdsurfing the freed slaves of Yunkai

SEASON 4
Prologue: Ned Stark's sword gets melted down
Actual first scene: The sword gets presented to Jaimie Lannister
Last scene: Arya travels to Essos

SEASON 5
First scene: Young Cersei gets the prophecy from the witch
Last scene: Jon Snow gets stabbed to death

SEASON 6
First scene: Jon Snow's body is found
Last scene: Dany finally brings her butt to Westeros

SEASON 7
Prologue: Arya poses as Walder Frey to poison all the Frey household
Actual first scene: Bran reaches the Wall, witnessing the army of the dead on march
Last scene: The Night King tears down the Wall thanks to the undead dragon

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6170 on: April 14, 2019, 10:15:45 AM »
Season 7's ending is my favorite for sure. Can't get much more epic than the king of the undead riding a zombie dragon melting The Wall with blue dragonfire and leading countless numbers of wights across the frozen waste. Although I think season 1's ending is behind it, personally. Jon Snow getting stabbed rounds out the top 3, those are all great endings. Arya leaving and Dany in Yunkai are just kinda... okay.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6171 on: April 14, 2019, 10:31:13 AM »
I am finally mostly caught up and will get caught up today with the marathon HBO is running in time for the premiere tonight.  Really good show and can't wait to see how it ends. :hat

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6172 on: April 14, 2019, 10:58:51 AM »
the king of the undead riding a zombie dragon melting The Wall with blue dragonfire and leading countless numbers of wights across the frozen waste

Spelling it out like that makes it even more awesome  :lol

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #6173 on: April 14, 2019, 03:03:37 PM »
Season 7's eding is obviously huge, in a way it almost gave us too much all at once it's hard to take in. Season 1 ending with tyhe sound of dragon song heard once more is brilliant as well. Season 2 with the White Walker's scream as the army of the dead approaches is memorable, kind of eclipsed by Season 7's army of the dead.

Season 6 ending is great, but I think Cersei's coronation should have been the very last one of the "three monarchs" scenes that close the episode rather than coming before Daenerys then it would have been my favourite - that throne room scene and music was so ominous and an excellent callback to the beginning of the episode, sometimes I forget that wasn't actually the last image. Definitely one of the best episodes and season endings of the show.

Season 4 and 5 are fine, Season 5 is a bit weird because the show didn't normally leave us with such direct cliffhangers as the last scene of the season but they were following Martin's book ending. Only Season 3 ending isn't very good, that scene is basically redundant and if you were watching the show all at once you could skip it and it wouldn't make a difference to the story, which isn't a great quality for a season ending scene. Basically just there was nothing great to end on so they went with dragon visuals.

Oh, and beginnings are all good but the one I keep thinking of right now is Season 6 with Ghosts howls heard over Castle Black, beautiful. That was the season that was first moving past the books and dealing with the biggest cliffhanger ending so was probably the most anticipation I had for the very first scene of a season.

Exciting to wonder again what the very beginning of the new season will be in a few hours, and in a few weeks the last scene of the entire series :metalo

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6174 on: April 14, 2019, 03:06:12 PM »
Season 6 ending was great, could be the best but I think Cersei's coronation should have been the very last scene rather than coming before Daenerys - that throne room scene and music was so ominous and an excellent callback to the beginning of the episode, sometimes I forget that wasn't actually the last image. Definitely one of the best episodes and season endings of the show.

Exactly my thoughts!!! yeah, probably Dany sailing to Westeros was such a great moment that it couldn't have been a random scene, but as you said the coronation moment and the music was building up to a "uh-oh, here comes trouble" feeling for the end of the season. Like, "you wanted to see a blonde queen on the Iron Throne? you got one, bitches". That would have been an awesome ominous note on which ending the season.

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #6175 on: April 14, 2019, 03:14:58 PM »
Season 6 ending was great, could be the best but I think Cersei's coronation should have been the very last scene rather than coming before Daenerys - that throne room scene and music was so ominous and an excellent callback to the beginning of the episode, sometimes I forget that wasn't actually the last image. Definitely one of the best episodes and season endings of the show.

Exactly my thoughts!!! yeah, probably Dany sailing to Westeros was such a great moment that it couldn't have been a random scene, but as you said the coronation moment and the music was building up to a "uh-oh, here comes trouble" feeling for the end of the season. Like, "you wanted to see a blonde queen on the Iron Throne? you got one, bitches". That would have been an awesome ominous note on which ending the season.
Yeah Daenerys finally sailing for Weateros deserves to be the final scene in almost any other circumstance, but with Cersei's coronation scene what a bold move it would have been to have the dragons finally coming, only to be like "We're not done here." Gives that feeling you describe of "Great, Daenerys is coming back! Uh-oh. Still Cersei to deal with." for a more ominous ending.

That's nitpicking though since the the coronations (or two coronations and a homecoming rather) as a whole were a great way to end the season and set up for Season 7. The Winds Of Winter is definitely among the contenders for greatest episode of the show. Don't want to expect too much from the final season but it would be great if we could get even an episode nearly as good as that.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6176 on: April 14, 2019, 04:14:31 PM »
I probably can't watch the premier until wednesday evening.  :-\ Which means I will be in hibernation from the internet until then, wish me good luck!  :P
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6177 on: April 14, 2019, 04:23:15 PM »
I probably can't watch the premier until wednesday evening.  :-\ Which means I will be in hibernation from the internet until then, wish me good luck!  :P

I don’t see how you make it until then without a spoil or two. Good luck.  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6178 on: April 14, 2019, 04:29:01 PM »
I set today aside to do absolutely nothing. 2.5 more hours to go. SO EXCITED  :biggrin:

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6179 on: April 14, 2019, 04:36:56 PM »
I set today aside to do absolutely nothing. 2.5 more hours to go. SO EXCITED  :biggrin:

I have a Blues playoff hockey game to watch.....then supposed to play hockey at 10:15......then will watch around midnight.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #6180 on: April 14, 2019, 08:01:23 PM »
What an amazing episode. Sooo much to soak, that episode went by FAST for me.

I loved that it was a setup episode as every season premiere usually is. I loved all the interactions, the reunions, everything!

It was a 54 min episode and it seriously flew I thought it was less than that.

Just adding more thoughts.. new theme animation!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6181 on: April 14, 2019, 08:07:26 PM »
Really liked the episode. Always like seeing reunions
 Plenty of them in this episode.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #6182 on: April 14, 2019, 08:11:52 PM »
The new theme was EVERYTHING!

That was way too short though

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6183 on: April 14, 2019, 08:35:57 PM »
Episode flew by with not a dull moment, I can't wait for next week.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6184 on: April 14, 2019, 08:38:15 PM »
That felt like a set-up episode, but a good one, nonetheless. 

I still feel like the trajectory will result in Jon Snow ending up on top at the end, but I am sure I will be wrong. :lol :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #6185 on: April 14, 2019, 09:26:21 PM »
Damn man...talk about getting all the pieces in their places. I figure the next episode will be more of the same, maybe with Tormund and crew getting a solid ass whooping trying to get back to Winterfell, then the last four will be non stop insanity. So damn good to have it back man.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6186 on: April 15, 2019, 05:36:37 AM »
I can't see how this story is going to wrap up in only 5 more episodes. Still so many moving pieces.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6187 on: April 15, 2019, 05:56:50 AM »
I legit jumped and made a weird noise when Umber did his thing.

I enjoyed this episode a lot.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #6188 on: April 15, 2019, 06:02:58 AM »
I thought the episode was great. Can't wait for next week. We are off to an awesome start.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #6189 on: April 15, 2019, 07:03:45 AM »
Enjoyed the episode, a lot of interesting things in it but the highlight for me was Samwell, I think it was a great to have him going to tell Jon Snow the truth so charged with emotion after learning about his family's fate. It really made it an intense and interesting scene with him challenging and confronting Jon Snow about it, instead of only being an awkward "Here's something I learned in a book" bit of exposition that might have been more light hearted.

The abandoned Last Hearth scene was suitably eerie, but I liked that even with all the other big things going on the ending was Jaime's return to Winterfell and being confronted with Bran again. Him leaving King's Landing at the end of Season 7 was one of the best scenes, hoping for his story to continue well this season.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6190 on: April 15, 2019, 07:05:36 AM »
Great, great start.  Much hype.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6191 on: April 15, 2019, 07:27:59 AM »
Enjoyed the episode, a lot of interesting things in it but the highlight for me was Samwell, I think it was a great to have him going to tell Jon Snow the truth so charged with emotion after learning about his family's fate. It really made it an intense and interesting scene with him challenging and confronting Jon Snow about it, instead of only being an awkward "Here's something I learned in a book" bit of exposition that might have been more light hearted.

The abandoned Last Hearth scene was suitably eerie, but I liked that even with all the other big things going on the ending was Jaime's return to Winterfell and being confronted with Bran again. Him leaving King's Landing at the end of Season 7 was one of the best scenes, hoping for his story to continue well this season.

Agreed with all of this! I watched the episode twice, might watch it again tonight - there were so many great scenes. Right off the bat you can tell it's moving at lightning speed, but I really, truly don't mind that since we're at the end. Things gotta ramp up, quickly.

Musings and observations, SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY:

- I enjoyed Sansa calmly (but clearly annoyed) explaining that she has two extra armies and two adult dragons to worry about feeding, when the winter is brutal enough on the Winterfell population as it is. I think this was brought up in season 7 once or twice, and it's just a small detail I appreciate the show acknowledging amongst all the epic fantasy madness that's going on. It's a bit of a reality check for our heroes; the dragons and Unsullied might be fierce, but if they're not well fed, they are not going to be fighting at their best.

- It was a little heartbreaking seeing Jon initially ecstatic to see Bran, only to find that something is 'up' with him.

- Bronn now has to make a choice. I bet he's going to ride north, but I have no idea if Jaime and/or Tyrion will die. I'm very conflicted on Jaime, because I don't think he has fully atoned for his past sins (I think episode 2 will get into that, judging from its sneak peek and the cliffhanger of episode 1) - at the same time, he has shown that he is a very different person from the evil Prince Charming he used to be. Tyrion, however - he better live through the finale, damn it.

- Epic dragon flight. Aegon Targaryen rides!

- The way Sam expressed his emotions by barely saying a word after Dany told him she killed his family. Did you see how much more upset he got when he heard Dickon died, compared with his father? That scene destroyed me. Sam's one of the only truly 'good' people in the show, and he had a very troubled relationship with his father Randyll, but he loved his brother.

- Just like the above, Jon's facial expressions as he's trying to comprehend both the truth of his parents and how Ned lied to him his entire life. "That's treason" - I didn't even think about that. How in the world are they going to bring this up to Daenerys? Jon might not want to believe it, but I think it's in his nature to let the truth be told, once he comes to terms with the reality of who he actually is.

- The whole scene with Ned Umber was terrifying. Night King means business. Now I just hope Tormund & Friends make it back to Winterfell in one piece.

- Jaime's horrified reaction at seeing Bran and realizing who he is. That's one subplot that's guaranteed to make for good TV next episode.

Game of Thrones is back, baby! Is it next weekend yet?

EDIT: I also forgot about Theon! I thought it was great when the guy took an axe to the face and then here comes Theon, without saying a word, and saves Yara. And then she headbutts him... and helps him up. There's a chance for House Greyjoy :)

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #6192 on: April 15, 2019, 07:42:18 AM »
- Bronn now has to make a choice. I bet he's going to ride north, but I have no idea if Jaime and/or Tyrion will die. I'm very conflicted on Jaime, because I don't think he has fully atoned for his past sins (I think episode 2 will get into that, judging from its sneak peek and the cliffhanger of episode 1) - at the same time, he has shown that he is a very different person from the evil Prince Charming he used to be. Tyrion, however - he better live through the finale, damn it.

This show just can't do any wrong for me.  I could care less for all of the nitpicking about time and distance.  It's just such a fun show and so well written and acted.  I just wish the dark scenes (like in that Umber house) and the main hall in Winterfell weren't SO dark.  I couldn't see a thing.  It was like that over the last few seasons too.

If Jamie is injured or dies in battle, Arya better take his face and go kill Cersei.  Not only to avenge Ned, but to put a nice little twist on the fanboy theory that Jamie is going to be the one to kill her.  Jamie really only has to make amends for pushing Bran out of the window.  Other than that, he is really a changed man, as evident by him abandoning Cersei.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6193 on: April 15, 2019, 07:45:35 AM »

This show just can't do any wrong for me.  I could care less for all of the nitpicking about time and distance.  It's just such a fun show and so well written and acted.  I just wish the dark scenes (like in that Umber house) and the main hall in Winterfell weren't SO dark.  I couldn't see a thing.  It was like that over the last few seasons too.

If Jamie is injured or dies in battle, Arya better take his face and go kill Cersei.  Not only to avenge Ned, but to put a nice little twist on the fanboy theory that Jamie is going to be the one to kill her.  Jamie really only has to make amends for pushing Bran out of the window.  Other than that, he is really a changed man, as evident by him abandoning Cersei.

I also agree with all of this  :biggrin: I don't think Ned has ever properly been avenged (Joffrey ordered the execution, but Olenna killed him for other reasons) - so Arya getting to kill Queen Bitch would be sooo pleasing  :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6194 on: April 15, 2019, 07:56:01 AM »
Definitely felt like a season set up episode which is cool, it's been so long so it felt so awesome to see all the familiar faces again and get a lot more reunions.  I wasn't crazy about Arya and Jon's reunion though, felt odd for a bit before they finally exchanged swords. 

I loved Euron's scene, and I love how his desire is to simply fuck the queen.  I was glad he did, because sometimes the show leaves out how sexual Cersei really is.  I totally expected her character to do it, but the baby adds the new twist to it.  Also loved how she was upset with no Elephants  :lol

Sansa and Dany dislike thing is a bit odd.  I understand the North not wanting to rally behind Dany, but like, come on.  They kind of need the dragons and her armies and Sansa should know this better and not be so annoying.  It almost feels a bit like her drama with Arya last season, unnecessary.

The dragon riding scene was fun, definitely felt like Disney specifically reminded me of the Avatar ride. 

The Sam scene with Dany was great, I mean it was sad, but so well done and you know that had to hurt Dany too since Tyrion was very much against her burning his dad and Dickon. 

LOVED the new intro.  Was shocked how it was completely new animations, and really showed the crypts.

Is Bronn really going to kill Tyrion?  Love how the cross bow is back, but I find this really hard to believe, especially since Tyrion has always said he'd pay him more to work for him, and now Jaime is in Winterfell.

I'm really salivating for the rest of this season