Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 262567 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #5845 on: February 13, 2018, 01:55:57 PM »
I just finished Season 1. Really good so far, although as someone who never read the books, I still am trying to remember the names of all 485 characters. :lol :lol

I started watching last summer, and the toughest part for me was that half of those 485 characters look almost exactly alike.  "Hey...what happened to the 40-something year old guy with the brown hair and beard?"  Yeah...like that narrows it down!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #5846 on: February 13, 2018, 03:16:11 PM »
I just finished Season 1. Really good so far, although as someone who never read the books, I still am trying to remember the names of all 485 characters. :lol :lol

I started watching last summer, and the toughest part for me was that half of those 485 characters look almost exactly alike.  "Hey...what happened to the 40-something year old guy with the brown hair and beard?"  Yeah...like that narrows it down!

It's hard at first watch, but if you watch again, look at their clothes.  The wardrobes are done so well on this show.  House colors and sigils and certain outfits match different houses and characters.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5847 on: February 13, 2018, 03:22:34 PM »
"Yay, I finally managed to distinguish this character from the other aaaaaand he's dead".
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5848 on: February 13, 2018, 05:42:38 PM »
Haha, pretty much.

I like the show a lot, but not knowing all of the characters makes it hard to enjoy it to the fullest, and I do find some of the fantasy stuff a bit hokey (I am generally not a watcher of fantasy movies/shows).

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5849 on: February 13, 2018, 06:17:59 PM »
Honest trailers did one around the time season 4 was coming out and it was spot on regarding how I felt about all the characters' familiarity at the time. I watched that trailer again a few months ago and this time it was so different that I knew every single one of them without a moment of hesitation.
The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5850 on: February 13, 2018, 07:03:43 PM »
Haha, pretty much.

I like the show a lot, but not knowing all of the characters makes it hard to enjoy it to the fullest, and I do find some of the fantasy stuff a bit hokey (I am generally not a watcher of fantasy movies/shows).

By far the toughest thing about GOT was getting accustomed to all the characters. The first three seasons I watched when discussing with my brothers I’d just say ‘chic with the red hair’....’the guy that bangs his sister’ etc etc.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5851 on: February 13, 2018, 07:37:27 PM »
Rewatching really helped me out with that issue.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5852 on: February 13, 2018, 07:54:49 PM »
Rewatching really helped me out with that issue.

Definitely gonna rewatch prior to the final season. The couple episodes I’ve rewatched here and there it was so much different actually knowing what they were referring to rather than having no idea.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5853 on: February 13, 2018, 08:23:02 PM »

By far the toughest thing about GOT was getting accustomed to all the characters. The first three seasons I watched when discussing with my brothers I’d just say ‘chic with the red hair’....’the guy that bangs his sister’ etc etc.

Can you narrow it down?  :eek :eek :lol :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5854 on: February 20, 2018, 04:19:03 PM »

Can you narrow it down?  :eek :eek :lol :lol

Seriously!

Funny thing is that I remember when my wife and I watched the first episode, and she then watched the next couple while I was at work.  I made some sort of comment about the "incest twins," and her response was "how did you know?"  The thing is that I was referring to Dani and her brother (who just looked like they were incestuous or were the product of incest (which they are, although I didn't know it at the time)).  She thought I was referring to Jamie and Cersei (whom I hadn't yet seen in action).

I'll definitely be re-watching all of the prior seasons at least once in preparation for season 8.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5855 on: February 21, 2018, 05:56:32 AM »
I found GOT hard to follow when binging. I didn't start watching it live with the rest of the world until season 6. It got much easier to remember who people were and what was going on when I had a week to discuss each episode before watching the next one. When I'd sit down and plow through 5-10 episodes on a lazy Sunday, I was being exposed to so much information that it made it difficult to process it all.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5856 on: February 21, 2018, 06:15:34 AM »
That was my experience with it as well, once I caught up and there was time between episodes it really helped to understand what was going on

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5857 on: April 03, 2018, 08:39:47 AM »
Pretty cool deleted scene from Season 4 between Tywin and Pycelle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfmmUa_r-oo

I wish they would have kept this in
He died as he lived. With a smile on his face.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5858 on: April 03, 2018, 11:50:57 AM »
Ah, yes, seen that one.

Most people says nice things to you and then talk shit behind your back. Tywin instead was always insulting Tyrion to his face, and here he kinda complimented him on his tenure as Hand  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #5859 on: April 03, 2018, 12:42:48 PM »
That scene also exposed Pycelle for who he was, which was kind of shown via the whore scene with him and other references, but this scene made it obvious.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5860 on: April 12, 2018, 01:06:40 AM »
Saw a post on Facebook about how supposedly the biggest battle of the show has done filming. 55 days, Battle of the Bastards took 35.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5861 on: April 12, 2018, 06:32:08 AM »
Saw a post on Facebook about how supposedly the biggest battle of the show has done filming. 55 days, Battle of the Bastards took 35.

Read the same thing online. 55 day....that’s gonna be quite a battle.