General > Movies and TV

Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread

(1/1624) > >>

GuineaPig:
So the greatest fantasy book series of all time (yes, better than Lord of the Rings) is being turned into a television series produced and  broadcast by HBO.  There's already a thread about the book series (here: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=4956.0 ), but this thread will be about the television series as it unfolds.  I for one have not looked at any publicity or promo stuff, to further whet my appetite.  But for those unfamiliar with the books or interested, here's a good breakdown by Alan Sepinwall and Daniel Fienberg about what to expect: https://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-fien-print/posts/listen-firewall-iceberg-podcast-no-68

It premieres this Sunday, and then will get replayed about a million times according to HBO's schedule.  The buzz surrounding it so far has been very positive, which makes me speculate that all my fanboy dreams will come true.  The casting, from the names that I know, already seems perfect to me.  Hopefully the rest measures up.

ricky:

--- Quote from: GuineaPig on April 12, 2011, 06:07:42 PM ---So the greatest fantasy book series of all time (yes, better than Lord of the Rings)

--- End quote ---

wrong.

Flacracker:

--- Quote from: ricky on April 12, 2011, 06:17:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: GuineaPig on April 12, 2011, 06:07:42 PM ---So the greatest fantasy book series of all time (yes, better than Lord of the Rings)

--- End quote ---

wrong.

--- End quote ---

wrong.

hefdaddy42:
I haven't read any of the books, but I'm looking forward to this series.

GuineaPig:
From what Sepinwall said about it, for those who haven't read the books it's no more difficult to get into than the other great HBO dramas.  And from what he's seen (6 episodes) he claims that it does to fantasy what Deadwood did to Westerns, and The Wire did to cop dramas, which makes me giddy to no end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version