Author Topic: Dream Theater the theme of the Kansas City Royals  (Read 3223 times)

Offline Team Cool 4

Dream Theater the theme of the Kansas City Royals
« on: May 05, 2011, 09:16:47 AM »
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but this is an cool little thing that I discovered yesterday.  I recently moved to Kansas City last week so I went to my first Royals game out here.  As I was watching them get ready to announce the teams they start playing, Dream Theater - Pull Me Under for their whole Royals line-up.  Once again making my decision to move to Kansas City a good choice, haha.  Not sure how many people are from the KC area, but I thought this was pretty cool.

-Froberg

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Dream Theater the theme of the Kansas City Royals
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:19:55 AM »
When I become a professional closing pitcher, my entry song will be the break down in HTF.

Offline psychdoc

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 09:34:02 AM »
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but this is an cool little thing that I discovered yesterday.  I recently moved to Kansas City last week so I went to my first Royals game out here.  As I was watching them get ready to announce the teams they start playing, Dream Theater - Pull Me Under for their whole Royals line-up.  Once again making my decision to move to Kansas City a good choice, haha.  Not sure how many people are from the KC area, but I thought this was pretty cool.

-Froberg

That's awesome! I went to undergrad and medical school in Kansas City and went to many a Royals game. Unfortunately, they didn't play any Dream Theater then during the games, or I would have went to many more games.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 09:36:24 AM »
I work in a ballpard durng the summer and always play DT or LTE when I get the chance. Acid Rain from LSFNY is a great warmup.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 10:13:33 AM »
That's awesome!  I know the Minnesota Timberwolves used the opening of "Metropolis" durring player introductions throughout the late 1990s and early 2000s.  Not sure if they still do.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Team Cool 4

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 12:04:24 PM »
haha, looks like baseball has some good music choices.  I know the Chicago Bears used "As I Am" when Train of Thought first came out.

Offline M-boogie

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 12:38:20 PM »
Last year i was watching a pittsburgh penguin game on tv and i heard A Nightmare to Remember playing after an intermission.

Offline jsem

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 12:44:21 PM »
I heard Beyond This Life during the world skiing championships... I was like :omg: then I was like  :metal :metal

Offline PraXis

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 01:00:51 PM »
Last year i was watching a pittsburgh penguin game on tv and i heard A Nightmare to Remember playing after an intermission.

I think I saw that too! Was that also the game where they played Raining Blood before a power play?  :metal

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 01:16:37 PM »
I remember years ago my wife watching some ice skating thing on TV one Saturday afternoon, and the intro montage from NBC was using ACOS.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline kennedymichael

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 01:19:54 PM »
I always thought that alot of their songs would be good for this.