Author Topic: How did you develop your signature?  (Read 4108 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: How did you develop your signature?
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 09:11:37 AM »
The signature on the top line is how I had to write me name since second grade at the school I went to. The one underneath is the one I sign everything with. Most of the time I draw a picture instead, especially on the digital ones.

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2011, 09:07:36 PM »
I am left-handed and have given up on the idea of writing anything pretty. So, my signature is simply me writing my name, which is undreadable for most people, so it's a signature in itself.

rumborak

This, pretty much  :lol
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2011, 09:30:10 PM »
This is the evolution of my signature.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 10:03:09 PM »
Did you keep the same piece of notebook paper and write your signature on it every couple of years or something?  If so, that's pretty cool.  Shows excellent forsight.

If I'd done the same, it would look similar.  Starts out completely legible, but is now two initials, each followed by a squiggle.

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2011, 10:07:19 PM »
Did you keep the same piece of notebook paper and write your signature on it every couple of years or something?  If so, that's pretty cool.  Shows excellent forsight.

If I'd done the same, it would look similar.  Starts out completely legible, but is now two initials, each followed by a squiggle.
Actually that would be kind of cool, but no. I just wrote it as printed first, then went down as how I used to write it. the second one is from elementary school when they first teach you cursive and you have to write it in between those giant spaces between the lines  :lol

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 10:09:54 PM »
I wouldn't even be able to reproduce the evolution of mine, as I've completely lost the ability to write in cursive legibly.  I never write in cursive.  Last time I wrote in cursive must've been 20 years ago or more.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2011, 02:44:29 AM »
I never write in cursive.  Last time I wrote in cursive must've been 20 years ago or more.
Yeah, likewise. ('Cept the 20 years bit. More like nine or ten.) They tried to ram it down our throats in primary school and I never got on with it. They'd take handwriting tests, and if you weren't writing in cursive you weren't getting points for it. My handwriting ended up looking totally dreadful, but I was indoctrinated nonetheless. Didn't occur to me that I could unjoin the letters again until I was twelve or so. Tried it on a whim (I think on some biology homework) at a time when I'd all but forgotten it was possible to write in any other way, and was stunned by how much better my handwriting looked.

Very much resent having been half-nelsoned into using it in the first place. Metaphorically, natch.

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 03:16:11 AM »
Kinda similar to what some other people have said here.

It started when I was trying out different cursive patterns. One way of writing an 'M' that I always liked was the font from COBHC. I liked it so much I integrated it into the signature. It was cool for a while, but then it became difficult to keep up with. I used to have an ornate and beautiful way of signing my name. But then I got lazy, and gave up trying to look neat. Now the character I have in my signature is so sloppy and generic I feel it really isn't unique anymore.

Top:Before
Bottom: Current-ish

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 08:17:10 AM »
I never sign my signature the same way twice.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2011, 08:39:22 AM »
At a local breakfast joint I go to I like drawing pictures of monster trucks or signing it "Optimus Prime". The girls behind the counter have never noticed.