Author Topic: And, it has begun  (Read 21394 times)

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: And, it has begun
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »
Umless Obama gets amnesty approved..he will be gone...thankfully. like Carter a bad dream.

misery index dont lie

By who?

This election, for the Republicans, will by like the election of 2004 for the dems. The Republicans, like the democratcs of that time, have spent the past couple years bitching and bitching about non-issues, people's personalities, birth certificates, and other issues which are, frankly, retarded. When it comes time to run the election, they will discover, as the democrats did in 2004, that there actually is no party platform. And they will discover, as the democrats did, that their party leadership are unelectable goons (just look at the pickins right now, Newt, Trump, etc., all slimeballs most with bad enough personal skeletons that they will never make it through a campaign without getting smeared to pieces). Knowing this, the RNC will have to pull a tired, uncharismatic old man like Mitt Romney from out of the woodwork, someone barely less sleepy and uninteresting then John Kerry. This new candidate, the only the RNC could muster up, will lose to an unpopular president who should not be able to win again and, thanks to the utterly stupid discorse perpetuated by the right over these last couple years, we will have 4 more years of Obama. Mark my words.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:32:31 PM by Perpetual Change »

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2011, 09:48:27 AM »
PC,
I agree.. If  I had my way..id like Newt G with Rudy as his VP..

but, I really have no idea who it will be at this point. but I would vote for a toad over Obama, so just get me in the booth and get my hand on the lever on the right..LOL
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:09:46 AM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2011, 09:55:41 AM »
The American people don't want to vote for someone who looks like the Pilsbury doughboy and cheated on his ex-Wife while she was going through chemo. Remember what that did to John Edwards?

Newt's led a shameful life; he won't get far before that becomes a topic of discussion.

Trump's got the same kinda baggage. I'm sure there are plenty of slimy personal and business relations just waiting to come out in the open, if they haven't already.

My ideal Republican ticket would probably, at this point, involve Mitt Romney or Ron Paul--- and that's only if we get gov. of Massachusetts Romney, not the wannabe grandstander from 2008.  
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:01:37 AM by Perpetual Change »

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2011, 10:10:26 AM »
Ron Paul is Toxic... I cant stand him ..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2011, 10:12:54 AM »
I disagree with him, sometimes vehemently so, but I was happy to support him in 2008 and will again.

Why don't you like him? Is it because he doesn't support the crusades in the middle east?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2011, 10:19:49 AM »
I disagree with him, sometimes vehemently so, but I was happy to support him in 2008 and will again.

Why don't you like him? Is it because he doesn't support the crusades in the middle east?

I just dont like him or his nasty supporters, they are  blemish to the GOP, they conduct themsleves like goons..and I think they guy is a classless louse

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2011, 10:51:42 AM »
Holy fuck.  Of all of your claims, many of which were pretty outlandish, calling Ron Paul an classless louse might be the topper.  You defend some real slimy bastards because they carry the GOP banner, and yet don't like the only guy in Washington who's a known pragmatist.  I'm really surprised by that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2011, 02:40:04 PM »

I just dont like him or his nasty supporters, they are  blemish to the GOP, they conduct themsleves like goons..and I think they guy is a classless louse

I think this is total bunk, but the bolded part is hilarious, considering the fact that he's definitely attracting huge swaths of young, passionate voters to the GOP, which they seem to desperately need more and more nowadays.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
Holy fuck.  Of all of your claims, many of which were pretty outlandish, calling Ron Paul an classless louse might be the topper.  You defend some real slimy bastards because they carry the GOP banner, and yet don't like the only guy in Washington who's a known pragmatist.  I'm really surprised by that.

yeah... I don't necessarily like the guy, but that's a bit much

Offline jsem

« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2011, 03:03:58 PM »
Ron Paul is Toxic... I cant stand him ..
What are you talking about!?

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »
I think Paul also pigeon-holed himself too much. Not that many people will agree that every single issue can be traced back to either fiscal policy or the Constitution.

Will McCain try again?

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2011, 05:17:22 PM »
Personally I think it would be better if a non native born American ran. I think we should get rid of the prerequisite that one has to be born here.

Let's not forget that one of the most famous leaders of the 20th century wasn't born in the country he ruled.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2011, 05:19:04 PM »
Adolf Hitler?

Online Adami

« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2011, 05:19:43 PM »
Adolf Hitler?

Mentioning his name doesn't help the point I am trying to make and instead makes it look I was sarcastically arguing against what I am actually arguing for.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »
Well you can't deny he did a lot for his country, whatever else he did

And this coming from a Jew :P

Online Adami

« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2011, 05:22:14 PM »
Well you can't deny he did a lot for his country, whatever else he did

And this coming from a Jew :P

But I seriously believe that the president shouldn't have to be born here.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2011, 05:34:59 PM »
That Harry chap seems popular.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2011, 05:36:23 PM »
Personally I think it would be better if a non native born American ran. I think we should get rid of the prerequisite that one has to be born here.

Let's not forget that one of the most famous leaders of the 20th century wasn't born in the country he ruled.

Forgive me, but who?
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2011, 07:31:16 PM »
I think Paul also pigeon-holed himself too much. Not that many people will agree that every single issue can be traced back to either fiscal policy or the Constitution.

Will McCain try again?

rumborak

I'm feeling a bit this way, too. Did anyone see Ron Paul on Colbert the other night? He seems to have lost a bit of his charisma. In 2008, he would come out and talk about the war. His fiscal policy would always be there in the backdrop, but only his most dedicated followers probably knew or cared about it.

On Colbert last night, Ron Paul came out immediately talking about the evils of paper money. Right or not (I don't want to get into it here), he  just sort of comes across as a loon that way. Most people can't really take an idea that's so abstract and foreign to them very seriously, I'm afraid.

Offline Pirate

• Yeah buddy
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2011, 08:07:17 PM »
Mint Romney.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2011, 08:12:39 PM »
You know what I noticed about last night on Colbert? That SC agreed with Ron Paul on issues, didn't debate with he guy and finished the interview quickly. I was really excited to see that interview and after five minutes I said: YOU DIDN'T TALK ABOUT ANYTHING AND NOW IT'S OVER!

I blame them both on that.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2011, 08:13:44 PM »
Do you watch Colbert regularly?

That's pretty much the show!

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2011, 08:23:04 PM »
I was an avid fan four yeras ago until the show didn't appeal to me that much... but I have seen a lot of really good interviews coming out in the last segment.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2011, 08:23:59 PM »

Will McCain try again?

rumborak

I'm feeling a bit this way, too. Did anyone see Ron Paul on Colbert the other night? He seems to have lost a bit of his charisma. In 2008, he would come out and talk about the war. His fiscal policy would always be there in the backdrop, but only his most dedicated followers probably knew or cared about it.

On Colbert last night, Ron Paul came out immediately talking about the evils of paper money. Right or not (I don't want to get into it here), he  just sort of comes across as a loon that way. Most people can't really take an idea that's so abstract and foreign to them very seriously, I'm afraid.

That's pretty disappointing. Not too surprising, but the Colbert Report seems like it would be a perfect opportunity for Paul to showcase his more liberal views.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2011, 08:30:33 PM »
I liked that one campaign video back around 2008 urging everyone to vote for McCain to avoid an imminent terrorist attack that Obama's presidency would rein in.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2011, 08:34:58 PM »
I liked that one campaign video back around 2008 urging everyone to vote for McCain to avoid an imminent terrorist attack that Obama's presidency would rein in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63h_v6uf0Ao

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2011, 09:13:10 PM »

This is by far the best campaign ad ever. Listen to it with the lights down and deep bass headphones on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfkNEq1XioE

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2011, 07:32:23 AM »
Do I need 3D glasses for the next presidency?

rumborak

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2011, 08:21:28 AM »
Do I need 3D glasses for the next presidency?

rumborak
Well, at least 7.1 Surround System and the OST of Hans Zimmer to show how good of a patriot you are.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Clayton Williiams rides again
« Reply #169 on: May 12, 2011, 09:41:42 PM »
And the guy's done before he even officially declares.

Ron Paul: I Would Not Have Ordered Bin Laden Raid

I'm kind of mixed on the whole thing.  I personally think the raid was kosher, although I don't get the seething hatred people had for the guy.  I also don't think that Ron Paul's unwillingness to violate Pakistan's sovereignty should be a deal-breaker.  I suspect that this is yet another instance where raw emotion is far more important than thoughtful consideration to the voters.  Fucking democracy. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Clayton Williiams rides again
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2011, 08:46:48 AM »
And the guy's done before he even officially declares.

Ron Paul: I Would Not Have Ordered Bin Laden Raid

Was thinking the same. I mean, he just lost a lot of conservatives with that statement.

rumborak
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:04:23 AM by rumborak »

Offline PraXis

« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
I don't recall a Congressional declaration of war to invade Pakistan.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »
While I disagree about the importance of a congressional declaration of war, I get your point and actually agree with what you're implying.  Unfortunately, as I said earlier, nobody on either side of the aisle gives a damn about right or wrong when there's an emotional stake.  Ron Paul could make the greatest, most eloquent argument against taking action that's ever been given,  but the guy who says "fuck that, he needed to be dead so I had him killed" will win out every time.  People love logic and reason when it supports their view of things, but when it doesn't, they'll immediately fall back on whats "right."
E.F. Benson

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »
I think Obama had the choice of a) capture/kill bin Laden or b) wait for a better opportunity that might never come. Paul's comment completely disregards this aspect. I dunno, I find Paul's comment increasingly removed from reality tbh.

rumborak
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:23:23 PM by rumborak »

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2011, 01:05:38 PM »

6 guys on a mission for one man is an invasion? Don't we regularly have service people in Pakistan anyways?