Author Topic: 2011-07-28 - Spodek - Katowice, POL  (Read 14769 times)

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
2011-07-28 - Spodek - Katowice, POL
« on: April 03, 2011, 02:18:48 PM »
Well I'll be there for sure, anyone from Poland, or not from Poland who wants to see DT in Poland?  ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:38:53 PM by cyberdrummer »

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
Re: 2011-07-28 - Spodek - Katowice, POL
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 03:01:29 PM »
So, it was announced that The Amplifier will be supported DT in Poland.  ;)

https://www.amplifiertheband.com/news.php
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:11:00 PM by The Silent Cody »

Offline smerfak

• Yes, I'm your god.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 03:35:31 PM »
I'll be there too :) Never heard about that band but I don't care really, just want to see DT : )
I'm making a history. AND YOU?

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 03:44:35 PM »
Witamy  :D :D :D :metal :metal :metal Good to see some fellow female down here ;) Do zobaczenia w Katowicach ;)

Offline smerfak

• Yes, I'm your god.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 11:13:41 AM »
Do zobaczenia! ;)

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 12:07:04 PM »
Smerfak, are you on Metropolis.pl? I'm logged there as well but it sucks a little... We should make some meeting before the show in Spodek :2metal: have to organise that  :D

Offline smerfak

• Yes, I'm your god.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 10:06:33 AM »
Sorry I haven't posted so long but I'm having limited access to the internet for a time.
I'd love meet with others before the cocnert, but the thing is that I'm not from Katowice and I'm going there with my father who works that day, so I'll have to 'stick to his schedule' :/ But I will try to get there as soon as possible as I'd like to meet with one of my friends as well.

BTW How many times have you been to a DT concert? :)

EDIT

Hmmm yeah, I remember registering there but I wasn't there for long actually.. maybe I should visit it again ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 10:15:57 AM by smerfak »

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 06:21:48 AM »
Now I'm have to sorry for not posting so long but I was being in Spain ;)
It will be my 5 DT concert, can't wait for that one !!
Tickets are ready ;) I will be in Katowice in morning 28th so if something change in your plans I will able to catch somewhere near Spodek ;)

Offline smerfak

• Yes, I'm your god.
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 01:42:12 PM »
Lucky You  :omg: I was only once (4 years ago)
Mine tickets too, I got it for my birthday in April : D
Certainly I will write if something changes but I won't be there a day earlier, that's for sure :(

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 02:27:06 PM »
I also got ticket for DT concert in Warsaw in 2007 in Torwar as a birthday present from my exgirl :P now, I'm hoping that when ADTOE will be released we will be having another DT concert this year, just like 2007... :metal :metal

Offline Addy

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »
Another Polish Dude here  :metal

This will be my 3rd time seeing DT. See You in Katowice Guys. Do zobaczenia ;)

Offline smerfak

• Yes, I'm your god.
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 02:57:09 PM »
Do zobaczenia!  :D

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »
Wow, we have a little army down here :yarr :) See you guys in Katowice!!

Offline smerfak

• Yes, I'm your god.
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 09:17:04 AM »
TWO WEEKS!! I can't wait to see them ;D

Are you going to film or something?

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 10:10:41 AM »
Well unfortunately I have no equipment for that kind of things  :-\ But, I will try to be in connection with DTF ;) If You have some recording device which does not interest guards so much You can try ;)

Offline Addy

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 11:29:44 AM »
Well... I always go to concerts to have fun and listen to the music, not to film the show. Guess it won't change this time. Maybe I'll do some short clips. Therefore I really hope this guy will be around: https://www.youtube.com/user/paax0  ;)

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 11:54:18 AM »
Welcome !!!
 :metal :metal :metal :metal More Polish DT Fans - GOOODDDD!!! :) See you all in Katowice  :metal :metal :metal

Offline smerfak

• Yes, I'm your god.
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 12:28:48 AM »
Well... I always go to concerts to have fun and listen to the music, not to film the show. Guess it won't change this time. Maybe I'll do some short clips. Therefore I really hope this guy will be around: https://www.youtube.com/user/paax0  ;)
Same here, that's way I'm aksing ;) It would be nice to have a 'souvenir' ;P
See you guys then! 

Offline Dynia

• Take care of your cardboard box and it'll take care of you.
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 01:44:35 PM »
I can't wait until Thursday!
For some reason I thought that the concert was on Wednesday. It would be funny if I travelled all the way to Katowice a day before the show :D

Anyway, see you there!

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 02:24:54 PM »
Funny, because I was thinking that 28th is friday... ;D Yeah, see you there ;) Great evening is coming  :metal

Offline smerfak

• Yes, I'm your god.
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 08:52:43 AM »
I'm hoping for Learning to Live as an encore.. but Metropolis would be fine too  :tup And You, what do you prefer?

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 10:45:13 AM »
Metropolis :) by miles :) but, I would like to hear F# also  :yarr

Offline Dynia

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 10:58:14 AM »
I would rather they played LtL, but Metropolis would be fine as well.

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 11:12:16 AM »
Ahhh, if They could play two of them ;) anyway, I'm starting off for about 2,5 hours from now to Katowice. I have to drive 550 km to get there ;) All Poland, from north to south ;) I like night driving :) Weather is shitty here now, it is raining a little. I'll be tomorrow from the morning in Katowice, probably I'll be sticking around somewhere near venue ;)

Offline Addy

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 01:16:11 PM »
I really don't know, which song I would prefer as an encore. I think LtL, sinceit is more epic to me, but I dunno. Anyway, I'm leaving in 10 hours. Have a nice trip everyone ! See You in Spodek !

Offline Dynia

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 07:50:22 PM »
I have just come back home. The concert was amazing. I've seen LTL live, so i suppose my life is now complete and i can die in peace.
Now i need some sleep   ;)

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 12:49:01 AM »
My friend told me that security were backing off those who tried to film from upclose. That true ? Seems so, as most of the videos are from afar.

Some vids I've found, good quality!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb3u2KHSpOk - fatal tragedy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OduO5Rnh4E - endless sacrifice + mangini solo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_zo152g2FM - forsaken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkZgDR6dbVw - forsaken again

Looks like I let a good gig pass ;) Anything about the sound quality? In the videos it seems nice and balanced. Most gigs I've been in spodek sucked in that area.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:57:39 AM by sunseeker »

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 04:42:27 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM12P-OrjHI - holy shit  :O :metal :yarr Labrie is on fire

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 05:25:13 AM »
Well, I'm back!!!
It was the best DT show I've ever seen in my life with no doubt!! DT is really a solid machine, which sounds and looks and kicks asses so damn good that any other band cannot!!! JLB was amazing, I haven't heard any false note from him, he reached F# in LTL with no problem, it sounded like on famous video from 1993... JP...no comments, really this Guy could walk on stage alone and only hold his guitar. His faces are so ridiculous, I was in a 3 row, right in the middle, when JP was coming in front of the stage he very often was looking in my area, we've caught eye contact twice  :heart :) JM is really headbanging!!! I never seen so emotional on stage, and His unisono's with JP when They are at teh front of the stage... :heart MIKE!!!! My God!!!! I love this Man, he's smilling all the time, plus he's playing unhuman things (during Under A Glass Moon he plays on cymbal with one hand in 'Outside the soudness of your mind' part and doing face like this -  ;D. Hilarious :) He's welcoming in Poland was incredible, 5 minute ovation when JLB introduced Him to us before a Caught In A Web. And Jordan. Jordan was awesome like always ;) The setlist was obvious, just like in other countries with LTL for encore. During On The Backs Of Angels JLB run out on the stage withh sunglasses and leather jacket, He said after the song that They are making a video for this song tonight!!!!! I was like - YEAH!!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal Good news :) Anyway, that was definitly the best show from DT I've ever seen, the sound, the lights, THE BAND...everything was awesome.  :metal
ps: security guards were really backing off those who tried to film :(

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 05:32:16 AM »
Cody, that's awesome! I'm glad you did get Learning To Live. I know you were hoping for it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 05:46:57 AM »
Yeah, I wanted LTL again because I wanted tp hear James at this one. He was great, no one miss!! That's funny because before the encore crowd was screaming Metropolis!! Metropolis!! ;)

Offline Dynia

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 06:01:54 AM »
It was an absolutely fantastic show. The sound quality was actually great at the place where I was sitting (far away from the scene) - the only problem was that JM wasn't very audible. Everyone on the scene seemed to be having a great time. MM was unbelivabely good. I loved JP's play and the little changes he made in some of the songs. Jordan was great and it was really cool to see him at center of the scene with the Keytar, standing right next to JP :D. JM seemed to be having fun and it was fun to watch him. JLB was on fire - he hit all the highest notes without problem.
The audience was reacting very lively and the band liked it, I think, they were waving their hands and clapping, walking around the stage to various parts of the crowd.

It was undoubtly the best concert I've ever seen :D

And I was glad that they ended the show with LtL, it's my second favourite DT song and it was a perfect encore. And I thought people were shouting "Learning to Live" not "Metropolis" :D At least it sounded like that right where I was sitting :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:40:38 PM by Dynia »

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 06:06:21 AM »
Well, I'm back!!!
It was the best DT show I've ever seen in my life with no doubt!! DT is really a solid machine, which sounds and looks and kicks asses so damn good that any other band cannot!!! JLB was amazing, I haven't heard any false note from him, he reached F# in LTL with no problem, it sounded like on famous video from 1993... JP...no comments, really this Guy could walk on stage alone and only hold his guitar. His faces are so ridiculous, I was in a 3 row, right in the middle, when JP was coming in front of the stage he very often was looking in my area, we've caught eye contact twice  :heart :) JM is really headbanging!!! I never seen so emotional on stage, and His unisono's with JP when They are at teh front of the stage... :heart MIKE!!!! My God!!!! I love this Man, he's smilling all the time, plus he's playing unhuman things (during Under A Glass Moon he plays on cymbal with one hand in 'Outside the soudness of your mind' part and doing face like this -  ;D. Hilarious :) He's welcoming in Poland was incredible, 5 minute ovation when JLB introduced Him to us before a Caught In A Web. And Jordan. Jordan was awesome like always ;) The setlist was obvious, just like in other countries with LTL for encore. During On The Backs Of Angels JLB run out on the stage withh sunglasses and leather jacket, He said after the song that They are making a video for this song tonight!!!!! I was like - YEAH!!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal Good news :) Anyway, that was definitly the best show from DT I've ever seen, the sound, the lights, THE BAND...everything was awesome.  :metal
ps: security guards were really backing off those who tried to film :(

I was looking forward to your review of the show! I am very happy you enjoyed yourself so much, I hope to be granted the same opportunity on the next leg...
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 06:40:19 AM »
Cody, that's awesome! I'm glad you did get Learning To Live. I know you were hoping for it.

Offline Addy

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 07:12:24 AM »
Just came back from Katowice... Oh Man, what a day and what an evening ! We've arrived in Katowice somewhere around 1 pm. We've had a lot of time until the start of the show, so we decided to hang out around the city. To our surprise, we've met JR himself ! He was having a lunch with his wife and daughter I believe and some polish friends. Didn't want to interrupt, but as soon as they've spotted us, they asked us to come by. We had a little talk, made some pics. He's a great guy really, and very patient and funny as well. He asked me how am I and when I told him I'm psyched to see DT he said something like "Oh, are they playing here tonight ?". Definitely made my day ;)

I was standing in front of JP, somethinglike in the 5 row. And DT were great. It was my 3rd gig, but for sure it was the best one. Great setlist (was hoping for LtL too, it's soooo epic, I nearly cried during last sections), perfect playing (ok, MM screwed up during LTL, but it's a minor stuff). They look like they are much happier than they were during Progressive Nation 2009. Especially JLB - he was really enjoying every minute of the gig. And by the way, his singing was great, the only thing that wasn't as good as his overall performance were those notes leading up to F#. Apart from that, great work.

Mangini had a great welcome from Polish fans. He really looked like he was amazed by that. Speaking of him, I dunno if he has enough stamina to play set that long yet. After his drum solo he already seemed a little tired ;) Maybe JP should take him on a gym ? :)

Since I'm trying to be a guitar player - to me JP's playing was the most interesting aspect. He nailed everything absolutely effortless. He makes things such as Fatal Tragedy solo so easy ! Some bluesy improv during PS 2nd verse and the extended middle part in TCOT were beautiful.  I also love his new JPXI guitars !

Overall, had a great time and of course it was the best gig I've been to. I made some photos and short videos, but security was always telling everybody to put the cameras away.

I had to film this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQv-B2U-INI ;) As soon as I get some sleep (haven't slept for 33 hours ;)) I'll check if something from the other clips me and my bro made are good enough to upload.

Cheers everyone !