Author Topic: 2011-07-23 - Civic Hall - Wolverhampton, UK  (Read 13729 times)

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2011-07-23 - Civic Hall - Wolverhampton, UK
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 11:19:56 AM »

Finally to John, THANK YOU keeping things together and THANK YOU for taking the band to the next stage of it's evolution and THANK YOU for keeping the Dream Alive...

AMEN Brother!!!!!.  Sounds like you all were treated to an awesome show!  Can't wait too see Matt's vid's and of course for the US Leg!!!! :metal :metal :metal

Offline MarkFitDT

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 11:20:54 AM »
Better late than never!

Wow, just wow, ive seen DT many times since 92 and this may well be the best gig so far. The band was totally on fire. LaBrie was absolutely awesome, that was by far the best performance from him Ive seen. All the band looked happy - the vibe from the stage was amazing.

What can you say about MM apart from YOU are the man. Absolutely astonishing  :hefdaddy. I took along a mate who I have recently introduced DT to and his jaw was on the floor.

I echo what Rushfreek says - thanks for keeping going. What a crying shame it would have been if MP had got his way and the band had gone on a hiatus. Best decision for all that Portnoy left.

Cant wait for the new album

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 01:07:53 PM »
Great to hear You All Guys!!! Polish Dream Theater show is on next thursday and I'm so pumped because all of Your comments. I saw DT 5 times, I feel that this one is going to be the best, well I'm most excited of all times ;) can't wait 28th July  :metal :metal

Offline DejaVu

• "Don't be frightened of the shadows it creates"
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 04:44:47 AM »
https://www.winkball.com/walls/OR4LY-Uel4PX/dreamtheatreatthewolverhamptoncivichall

Just thought I'd let you all know, this is what everybody was interviewed for. :hat

Offline tgstk2

• Surmount Brutal Dutch Metal
  • PanterA
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 04:46:55 AM »
https://www.winkball.com/walls/OR4LY-Uel4PX/dreamtheatreatthewolverhamptoncivichall

Just thought I'd let you all know, this is what everybody was interviewed for. :hat

And than they write dream theatre,,,,, :facepalm:
Thanks for the link though
You where interviewed too right?
Who/where is u?
Als je dit vertaald hebt kom je erachter dat je weer een minuut van je leven hebt verspild

Offline DejaVu

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 04:55:21 AM »
 :lol

I'm on page 2, 4th row down, second from the right. And that still shot is horrible. :facepalm:

Offline John94

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 08:39:41 AM »
Some of the best videos of the tour here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtMh8WJ24tk&feature=related

Looks very very good. Audio is superb too.

Offline MarkFitDT

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 02:33:39 PM »
Some of the best videos of the tour here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtMh8WJ24tk&feature=related

Looks very very good. Audio is superb too.

Thanks for that, great quality as you say and brings back good memories  ;D

Offline Emil

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »
The show was just incredible! I wanna see it again :( It was totally worth the trip all the way from Sweden!

And thanks a lot to the guy who filmed everything and uploaded it! Awesome.

Offline bjackson87

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 04:16:29 PM »
I was at the Wolverhampton gig aswell, 5th time seeing the boys, first with Mangini and they sound tighter and better than ever! The intro music (no spoilers  :P) was great, perfect for DT! The reponse Genie got was tremendous, he nailed every part. His drum solo too :omg: It's safe to say - I got Mangini'd

The band seemed to be having alot of fun too, alot of smiles, JLB messed up a line during TCOT and it was laughed off, was cool and funny :smiley:

I was about 3 rows back JMX/JR side wearing my 'Professional Russian' FPSRussia t shirt  :lol

Heres a pic I took. Sorry for the poor quality, iPhone cameras aren't spectacular!

Great gig, I was in work earlier thinking I've never seen them so tight and together! All you US/overseas fans are seriously in for a treat, hope it's as great for you as it was for us!

Offline DejaVu

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2011, 03:37:03 AM »
^I must've been right next to you. Was there a ginger and a blonde girl head-banging a lot by you? :lol

I was with them. :facepalm: :metal

Offline Tipram

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2011, 05:25:12 AM »
I was about 3 rows back JMX/JR side wearing my 'Professional Russian' FPSRussia t shirt  

^I must've been right next to you. Was there a ginger and a blonde girl head-banging a lot by you? :lol

I was in exactly the same place, behind two girls headbanging like crazy! Were you the guy in the red cap? If so, I think I kept knocking your cap by accident, sorry!  :lol
I was a dark blonde haired guy wearing the Dream Theater T-shirt with the tour dates on it that I'd just bought from the stall, attempting to take pictures on an annoyingly slow camera.

Edit: Here's a favourite from the many pictures I took!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:43:36 AM by Tipram »

Offline bjackson87

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2011, 06:28:44 AM »

I was with them. :facepalm: :metal

It's possible! I'm sure a red haired girl kept walking past going to the bar or something :lol what was with the paramedics coming to pick up a guy before DT started? Did he faint from Mangini anticipation? :P

Offline DejaVu

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2011, 12:44:39 PM »
I was about 3 rows back JMX/JR side wearing my 'Professional Russian' FPSRussia t shirt  

I was in exactly the same place, behind two girls headbanging like crazy! Were you the guy in the red cap? If so, I think I kept knocking your cap by accident, sorry!  :lol
I was a dark blonde haired guy wearing the Dream Theater T-shirt with the tour dates on it that I'd just bought from the stall, attempting to take pictures on an annoyingly slow camera.

Edit: Here's a favourite from the many pictures I took!

Yes that's definately them! :lol

I was the one next to him, trying to get JLB's attention during the gig. I was just wearing a boring white shirt, I really wanted one of those t-shirts but I didn't have enough money  :facepalm:

Don't worry I knocked it off a few times myself, it's pretty claustrophobic in there.

That's a great picture, love JP's faces, did you see JLB chase that sound technician off the stage, that was funny! And I swear I saw you behind us!

Oh and this guy next to us fainted twice, he said he was fine after the first time, then a minute later he fell straight back down. I said 'Petrucci isn't even on the stage yet and people nearly died!". Then the paramedics came.

Poor guy, I wonder if he managed to watch the show...

Offline bjackson87

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2011, 04:31:19 PM »
None of the tees really grabbed me, hopefully they'll have some decent ones when they go on the road supporting ADToE

Offline Emil

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2011, 04:32:21 PM »
Ah yeah hope so, by the way when is that tour coming? autumn, winter, spring?

Offline Tipram

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 07:57:10 AM »

That's a great picture, love JP's faces, did you see JLB chase that sound technician off the stage, that was funny! And I swear I saw you behind us!

Oh and this guy next to us fainted twice, he said he was fine after the first time, then a minute later he fell straight back down. I said 'Petrucci isn't even on the stage yet and people nearly died!". Then the paramedics came.

Poor guy, I wonder if he managed to watch the show...

Yeah, I saw that guy.. I just heard a thud the first time, looked round and he was flat on the floor. He stood up and said he was ok, but I was worried so I kept on watching him and he was sort of swaying for 20 seconds and then just fell over again.. I really hope he recovered and got to see the show, even if it was just from the back. He had such a good position too!   :sad:

JLB was so funny on stage! I was blown away by his voice AND just his stage presence/interaction with other band members! On The Under a Glass Moon video you can see JLB massaging Petrucci's forearm, which made me laugh  :biggrin: