Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "Mike Mangini is the new DT Drummer"  (Read 66274 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Eddie Trunk: "Mike Mangini is the new DT Drummer"
« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »
Not that is matters now, but what are the odds that Portnoy was Trunk's original source?  You gotta figure that a classy guy like Mangini probably called Portnoy, out of respect since he is essentially taking his spot, and they are friends (or are on friendly terms...cannot remember the exact way Mangini put it in Part 1), so Portnoy has probably known for a while.  Agreed?

Offline Hal Incandenza

• AAAAAAAARGH!!!
« Reply #316 on: April 29, 2011, 11:59:57 AM »
I liked Minneman better purely as a drummer.  Hell, I liked Lang better, and if you could promise me that he wouldn't be allowed to do cookie monster vocals on any songs, I think I'd prefer Wildoer.

However, Mangini was terrific, and his enthusiasm for being in the group makes this a no-brainer.  He's the best fit, and I'm very excited for the new album.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #317 on: April 29, 2011, 12:01:08 PM »
[Official Mangini discography]

Ah.  Thank you.

Is there anything that breaks it down by song though?

EDIT:  In order to contribute something: https://www.myspace.com/tojonline/music

A few songs he played on for a band called Tribe of Judah.  Neat industrial/techno/metal.

This is all I coulf find with a quick search
https://www.soundunwound.com/music/mike-mangini/162454#contributorId=162454&categoryGroup=showAll&categoryId=showAll&releaseType=ALL_RELEASES
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Aniland

« Reply #318 on: April 29, 2011, 02:31:38 PM »
Not that is matters now, but what are the odds that Portnoy was Trunk's original source?  You gotta figure that a classy guy like Mangini probably called Portnoy, out of respect since he is essentially taking his spot, and they are friends (or are on friendly terms...cannot remember the exact way Mangini put it in Part 1), so Portnoy has probably known for a while.  Agreed?

This sounds pretty accurate to me.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #319 on: April 29, 2011, 07:12:04 PM »

I'd believe that.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #320 on: April 29, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »
Not that I'm putting him down, but if I'm MP's PR dude, I'm telling him to tweet something about this. No matter who you are or what you do, if you give as much into a job as MP has into this position I would think he would care something about who takes over for you.

If it was me I might have even requested to be part of the auditions.... probably a lot has happened behind the scenes though, so I won't speculate too much.

Offline Aniland

« Reply #321 on: April 29, 2011, 10:06:44 PM »
What?