Author Topic: What attracts guys to a girl?  (Read 36084 times)

Offline Kura

• (●ゝω・)ノ ♡
Re: What attracts guys to a girl?
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2011, 09:49:52 PM »
True true.. but I've heard guys say stuff like "I dont mind bigger girls, but if they're bigger with small titties then that's just strange"

@_@ How is that strange? lol.. people store their chubbiness in different places right? But yeah.. to each their own, I guess

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2011, 10:03:24 PM »
Yeah, maybe. But everyone has the right to be attracted to whatever they're attracted to. It's not like they would be wrong if they only liked girls with hourglass shapes.

I'm not saying that's what you were saying, just putting it out there for the sake of the thread's discussion.

On that note, I think you're fucking ugly and I hate you Chris.

Most attractive member MY ASS

Just kidding, you know I love you, but I dont want people to think I'm playing favorites

Offline xShammas

• SHAAAAMMAAAAAS TAAAAKE MYYY HAAAAND!!!
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2011, 10:06:38 PM »
Women who like Dream Theater are also very attractive. But most of them are more mature. I feel like that's a big problem for me, I end up more attracted to women in their late twenties than women my own age. I just have terrible luck with relationships in general.

Offline Kura

• (●ゝω・)ノ ♡
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2011, 10:11:05 PM »
Women who like Dream Theater are also very attractive. But most of them are more mature. I feel like that's a big problem for me, I end up more attracted to women in their late twenties than women my own age. I just have terrible luck with relationships in general.

: | *Is 21*

.. Sorry already dating another member here..

[/forrealz]

Rina is young too, isn't she (and also dating a guy who is a member here, right?) And there's another regular female member that I see that's young and pretty around, too.. :C I'm sorry that I forget her name *facepalm*

(I'm not saying to date them but they're around!!)
but don't lose hope!!

Offline xShammas

• SHAAAAMMAAAAAS TAAAAKE MYYY HAAAAND!!!
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2011, 10:21:44 PM »

: | *Is 21*

.. Sorry already dating another member here..

[/forrealz]

Rina is young too, isn't she (and also dating a guy who is a member here, right?) And there's another regular female member that I see that's young and pretty around, too.. :C I'm sorry that I forget her name *facepalm*

(I'm not saying to date them but they're around!!)
but don't lose hope!!
Well I appreciate it, and I won't lose hope. I don't have tons of trouble getting girls, I just have trouble getting the right ones...

Offline Kura

• (●ゝω・)ノ ♡
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2011, 10:41:36 PM »
The right one will come along, so dont worry :3

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2011, 10:44:35 PM »
I think people are mixing up size and shape. Yes Marilyn was a "larger" woman in today's :/ Its sad that guys don't take that into consideration when saying "I like girls of all sizes".. I personally find that rarely do they mean they like girls of all shapes ._.

I like girls of all shapes.

I like the tall lean ones like tennis players, I like the not-so-lean ones like Marilyn Monroe, I like the petite ones with cute little girly curves like an ice skater or gymnast, I like the short ones who aren't so petite but have the curves in all the right places like Holly Hunter, I like the medium ones that look completely average like half the girls you went to school with, I like big boobs, small boobs, big butts, small butts...

My point is that there are pretty girls and beautiful women of all shapes and sizes.  All shapes and sizes.  A pretty smile is still the most important thing.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2011, 04:38:32 AM »
Severe disfigurement caused by radiation is what turns me on. Only because I love women of all shapes though.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2011, 05:03:00 AM »
first thing I look at are teeth. Gotta be nice ones.

body style....big...curvy, rolls, giant boobs, big butts.....brunettes.

not a blonde guy.
not into thin little women.......they tend to break easy.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2011, 05:18:41 AM »
I'm just gonna flip it round because there isn't a corresponding 'what do girls like about guys?' thread...

I go for personality about anything else, I have to be super attracted to a guy but it's almost always a man's personality that creates the sexual attraction, whatever he actually looks like. Aside from one or two celebrity crushes (which again usually stem from seeing say, an actor in a role where I find the character sexy) I hardly ever find 'stereotypically' attractive men sexually attractive, pretty boys and model-looking men don't do anything for me unless their personality is awesome, I really could never even have a fling with a stereotypically hot guy unless he had the personality to back it up, whereas I think because men are typically more visually based, most guys would be quite happy to have a fling with a really beautiful, sexy woman even if they didn't have anything in common.

Top non-visual things that attract me to a guy are: musical chops (I'm a sucker for a guitarist/drummer, but only if they're pretty competent and bonus points for technical chops and/or playing the kinda music I'm into ;D), humour (make me laugh, be genuinely funny not try-too-hard crack loads of jokes and you'll probably lol me into bed haha), and a strong moral character (I would _not_ date anyone who had cheated in previous relationships, and the ultimate bonus would be a guy who was vegan and not only understood but also agreed with my beliefs with regards to how non-human animals should be treated).

That's all in an ideal world anyway... luckily enough my boyfriend is drop dead sexy, a shit hot guitarist, vegan and one of the funniest guys I've ever met.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:36:15 AM by nightmare_cinema »
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2011, 05:35:21 AM »
You're dating Iain Wilson?

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2011, 05:36:42 AM »
I have no idea who that is.
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2011, 05:38:03 AM »
OK, I'll give a brief summary of what I'm really attracted to.

1. 'Down to earth' -ness. I mean that she has sort of cynical or sarcastic sense of humour, and gets the ridiculousness of all the social convention and 'awkwardness' and all that stuff we learned through movies  :lol . In other words, instatly makes me feel like I'm talking to a fellow human being and not trying to woo a princess. Someone who doesn't play the whole flirting game and subtle signal crap pretty much  :laugh: . this is probably the number 1 turn me on quality.

2. Kindness. Not sure how to summarize this....hmm just having a nice heart and generally being helpful and wishing the best for most people. I can't explain this one well....I think you know what I mean. Not necessarily self-sacrifice....just someone who can appreciate the good in the world (ie not emo lol).

3. Intelligence. I definitely don't mean a high IQ or high GPA or anything like that. Just someone who is generally able to think more deeply about the fundamentals of life and of the arts. Someone who is curious and seeks knowledge and loves learning. So we could just talk about random subjects and teach each other what we know and so on....

Looks wise....I guess the instinct in me loves a fertile looking woman...but when I get to know a girl and she has a great personality, greatly increases my sexual attraction. even if I didn't necessarily think she was was hot or pretty when I first saw her.

on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2011, 05:39:03 AM »
I have no idea who that is.
This charming fellow:

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2011, 05:40:56 AM »
Nope that's definitely not my boyfriend :D

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2011, 05:41:12 AM »

I generally like "older men" too, but Volk's absolutely perfect for me, and he's not that much older. So don't feel like you won't find one closer to your own age. You will.  :tup

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2011, 07:26:01 AM »
For me it's all about proportions. Doesn't matter if a girl is skinny or has some meat on her bones, her features just need to be in proportion to the rest of her body. Huge boobs on a skinny girl look silly. Small boobs on a larger girl look silly. A skinny girl with no hips doesn't look right. A skinny girl with massive hips doesn't look right either.

Personality wise, she needs to be intelligent and positive.

I'm happily married these days, so none of this really matters much to me anymore anyway. :)

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2011, 07:32:24 AM »
I will say this: confidence is sexy.  It's the most cliche line in the book, but I only say it 'cause personal experience has proven it.  All the girls I went head over heels for before meeting my girlfriend was confident in themselves, especially in their bodies.

And it was probably my lack thereof that made them not attracted to me. :sadpanda:
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2011, 08:40:13 AM »
just putting it out there for the sake of the thread's discussion.

For the sake of the thread  :hefdaddy

FOR THE HIVEMIND

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2011, 02:33:56 PM »
There was a time where I was driven mad simply by watching a woman's pulse in her neck.
Whereas now the pulse is optional?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2011, 05:52:43 PM »

FOR THE HIVEMIND

lolwut

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »

FOR THE HIVEMIND

lolwut

I thought it was funny..? :neverusethis:

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »
There was a time where I was driven mad simply by watching a woman's pulse in her neck.
Quoted, and waiting for epic LHK response.

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: Aaaaaand scene!
« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »
Quoted, and waiting for epic LHK response.

I'm flattered. I'm also rereading Cyrano de Bergerac, so I'm a little inspired. Plus, the source material is pretty rich, so how shall I respond?

Aggressive:
Fucking Twilight kids are everywhere these days...

Friendly:
Perhaps DTF can pitch in to buy you a new shovel for your birthday?

Curious:
For all the digging you must do, you must certainly have some amazing arms?

Gracious:
It's wonderful that Tempus has so much love to give, it can't even be shared by all the women currently alive!

Hostile:
Figures the only girl he could get would be dead.

Considerate:
Do you still ask them, if even for fun?

Tender:
You can borrow my sunglasses so that, next time, you won't notice the bruises you leave.

Pedantic:
Tempus is merely maintaining the archetypal notion of the necrophile as a functioning member of society in his words and deeds to be preserved for the study of future generations of scholars.

Flippant:
At least you never need to hear the word "No" again!

Emphatic:
If they weren't expired before, Tempus' vigor would make sure they perished during!

Dramatic:
Achilles, Weekend at Bernie's, TempusVox. Sounds about right!

Admiring:
You're quite the argument for cremation!

Lyrical:
And does your throbbing begin when theirs has ceased?

Simple:
Do you refer to it as your Li'l Tombstone?

Rustic:
Sure it's cold, but it kicks less than a plowhorse!

Military:
Who knew 'collateral damage' could be a turn-on?

Practical:
Hey, if they didn't want it, they shouldn't have died in Tempus' neighborhood.

Punny:
This idea seems to have struck the conversation dead!
:lhk:
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »
I fully agree.

Offline True Death of Life

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2011, 08:30:33 PM »
Guys, I am honestly touched and, to be cliche, inspired by your responses...if nothing else goes well, I just have to hope that the guys of my generation do eventually mature :lol

Sorry I can't make the epic post like I want to--because I have so much to say; but currently I have bigger fish to fry. ;)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY. Even though I am 15 and naive, thank you. I really mean it.  :heart

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2011, 04:44:44 AM »
HOLY SHIT LHK :rollin
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2011, 07:12:01 AM »
I just have to hope that the guys of my generation do eventually mature

For the most part, I'm a 14 year old trapped in the body of a 35 year old.  Most of my friends are the same.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2011, 07:19:48 AM »
Guys, I am honestly touched and, to be cliche, inspired by your responses...if nothing else goes well, I just have to hope that the guys of my generation do eventually mature :lol

Sorry I can't make the epic post like I want to--because I have so much to say; but currently I have bigger fish to fry. ;)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY. Even though I am 15 and naive, thank you. I really mean it.  :heart

i don't think I knew you were 15.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2011, 07:23:28 AM »
I'm 43 and still love to play video games and listen to music and read lyrics while at home but those are now my way to release.  We grow up but we still want to be the mischievous little boy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #170 on: March 31, 2011, 10:50:46 PM »
don't you love how the posts in this thread boil down to physical attributes, not "personality" ones.

question asked, question answered.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2011, 11:00:09 PM »
This! His post needs more recognition.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline True Death of Life

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »
This! His post needs more recognition.

Oh my god, I was breezing by so fast, I hardly saw it :rollin

Thank you for gracing our forumz, LHK.  :rollin 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »
No one can touch that, LHK. POTY won, in April.

(BTW, get some therapy dude)

Offline Ħ

« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2011, 02:18:31 AM »
Lookswise--I've always liked girls with long hair (any color), nice teeth, and that are smaller/shorter than me.
Personalitywise--I like girls that are considerate, compassionate, self-sacrificing, caring, etc. and are not into themselves or don't walk around or talk as if they know they are good looking.

Just my 2cents.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges