Author Topic: Traffic School?  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
Traffic School?
« on: March 23, 2011, 05:37:11 PM »
Anyone have any recommendations for doing traffic school online? (Websites/etc)

And also, you can pay the ticket online, but what's the best way of doing that so that they know you did the traffic school/etc?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Traffic School?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 05:46:41 PM »
They vary by state.  Get online and fine the ones that are sanctioned by your state (and you won't have any trouble, trust me) and pick one that looks like it'll be amusing.  The state will have very specific standards, so they're all going to be the same length, ask the same questions, show the same videos, and cost the same.  The only thing that'll be different is how they'll be presented, and for your own sanity, I'd suggest that you find one that looks like it'll be funny. 

Personally,  I'd bite the bullet and do it in person.  You should be able to find a defensive driving course offered by a local comedy club.  It'll be the same 6 or 8 hours, but they'll occasionally make you laugh.

And though you pay online, you'll still have to mail in your paperwork.  In Texas it's about 5 different forms. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 05:52:33 PM »
I'm panicking because I don't have the money for the certificate to be shipped quickly enough.

Offline j

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 06:29:16 PM »
In Texas there's an online comedy one that is pretty funny in parts.  I've done it like 5-6 times. :neverusethis:

Can't remember which one it is though, and you probably don't live in TX anyway.  But if you do I'll find out for you. :biggrin:

-J

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:31:59 PM »
Thanks, I'm a Florida-girl though, lol.

I just don't have the money to pay my ticket, let alone do this traffic school stuff, so ignore this thread. Not sure why I was gonna do the school anyways, must not be thinking straight.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 07:45:11 PM »
Can I make a women driver's joke now?   :biggrin:

Offline j

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »
I just don't have the money to pay my ticket, let alone do this traffic school stuff, so ignore this thread. Not sure why I was gonna do the school anyways, must not be thinking straight.

The reason I do it is to get the ticket wiped from my record, avoiding a hike in my insurance rates.  Don't know how it works in other states though.

Can I make a women driver's joke now?   :biggrin:

Proceed.

-J

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »
Thanks, I'm a Florida-girl though, lol.

Well if you live in South East Florida like myself, there's always the Ticket Clinic. You usually don't pay as much as the full ticket, AND you won't get it on your record.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 10:18:06 PM »
They give you a pretty good amount of time to take the course and get the certificate.  If you've already procrastinated and now it's too late, then I don't know what to tell you. 

Deferred adjudication is usually the way to go.  Defensive driving is good if you also get the insurance discount in your state.  Either way, the important thing is to make sure that it doesn't go on your driving record since your insurer will really stick it in and break it off if it does.  I'm dealing with a pretty crappy ticket, which I had to plead guilty to since it was out of state.  That's now preventing me from switching carriers to somebody that would save me $400 a year while providing better coverage.  Now that's a bitch.

I used to give a ticket lawyer money to take care of all of my tickets, but then I learned that except for actually contesting a ticket at trial, you can do everything they do just as easily.  Cops always show up in my cases, and at that point all the attorney will do is suggest you plead guilty and take probation.  If you're going to have to go to court anyway just to get [whatever your state calls] deferred adjudication, then you might as well do it yourself and not pay some shyster $50 to stand there and tell you to do it. 

Honestly Rena, car ownership doesn't seem to be working too well for you right now. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 10:19:46 PM »
I know in CA, at least, you can request community service in leiu of fine.  here is $10/hour.  obviously you have to be able to show some sort of financial strain, but it is an option

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 10:29:18 PM »
Jeezus Barto you've just been through everything haven't you? :lol

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 10:43:05 PM »
Honestly Rena, car ownership doesn't seem to be working too well for you right now. 

Everything in my life seems to not be working out for me right now.

Offline xShammas

• SHAAAAMMAAAAAS TAAAAKE MYYY HAAAAND!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 11:04:14 PM »
It always can get worse...

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 11:19:13 PM »
I heard Mrs. Puff is quite good.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."