Author Topic: Rhapsody Of Fire News update April 15th 2011  (Read 1596 times)

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
Rhapsody Of Fire News update April 15th 2011
« on: March 16, 2011, 01:10:53 PM »
hey guy's well the band released some new information about the new album that will come out this year:D!!! here's some info:

"RHAPSODY OF FIRE are proud to announce to the world that the mix of “FROM CHAOS TO ETERNITY” is now at the end and that the new album will be released by Nuclear Blast on June 17, 2011.

“It is the end of an era. This historical release will end the Rhapsody’s sagas once for all after 15 years of fantasy oriented lyrics and for the last time we’ll hear Sir Christopher Lee narrating in one of our albums the last dramatic events of a legendary tale started in 1997 and told through 2 different sagas and 10 full length albums. We are surely very sad but we also know that for this same reason the upcoming release will remain in the history of the band for its artistic importance and unique epic!” RHAPSODY OF FIRE"

the tracklist:

1.  AD INFINITUM (1:30)
2.  FROM CHAOS TO ETERNITY (5:45)
3.  TEMPESTA DI FUOCO (4:48)
4.  GHOSTS OF FORGOTTEN WORLDS (5:35)
5.  ANIMA PERDUTA (4:46)
6.  AEONS OF RAGING DARKNESS (5:46)
7.  I BELONG TO THE STARS (4:55)
8.  TORNADO (4:57)
9.  HEROES OF THE WATERFALLS’ KINGDOM (19:32)
I. Lo Spirito Della Foresta
II. Realm Of Sacred Waterfalls
III. Thanor’s Awakening
IV. Northern Skies Enflamed
V. The Splendour Of Angels’ Glory (A Final Revelation)

so here it is folks:)!!!

for me the track list seems a bit short but i can't wait to hear the whole album  :metal and i fucking love the album art cover:D

source: https://rhapsodyoffire.com/

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:13:32 AM by TimelessSymphony »

Offline Lowdz

I really like Rhapsody. Luca Turilli is a talent. Sure they are cheesy in the lyric department, but the music is good, some excellent riffs and the soloing shreds but remains melodic.

I'm quite glad the saga is over as I never really followed along with it anyway.

The photos in the booklet are always good for a laugh, especially as they seem so serious about it all.
I am a ManOwar fan though.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
I'm not one to usually go here... but oh my god is this some serious

For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
oh wow my lactose intolerance kicked in just reading that track list brb bathroom
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Rhapsody are pretty good, but I haven't checked them out in years.  Might give this one a go.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Guilty as charged...own all the albums and EPs, and the live stuff.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
 :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

go to hell, all those of you who don't fight with the Rhapsody of fire
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
I really have nothing against them, hah, I enjoy some of their music. It just never ceases to amaze me how silly they can be, though I suppose it works for them! :lol
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
They're just ripping off Thundersword.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me

no u
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
some new info about the songs from the upcoming album:

RHAPSODY OF FIRE

Released on: 2011-06-17

With their outstanding debut LEGENDARY TALES (1997) they've achieved what only the fewest rock bands can claim: guitarist Luca Turilli, vocalist Fabio Lione and keyboarder Alex Staropli – the regular cast of Rhapsody Of Fire – created their own niche, a very own genre: ”Hollywood Metal” or ”Film Score Metal”, because their epic Power Metal in combination with elements of classicism and film music but also folkloric touches just couldn't be put into one of the existing categories.

In general the guitar play of Luca Turilli takes the virtuosic and harmonic late baroque style plus the subsequent neo-classicism as an example, whereas the keyboard parts of Alex Staropolis often undertake the function of basso continuo. Together with the fantasy lyrics an unique pizazz emerges that has no peer and that is being perfected by the Italiens as time goes by.

At the turn of the millenium the typical Heavy Metal agression occupied center stage on albums such as DAWN OF VICTORY (2000), RAIN OF A THOUSAND FLAMES (2001) or POWER OF THE DRAGONFLAME (2002), while from 2004 on – especially on releases à la SYMPHONY OF ENCHANTED LANDS II: THE DARK SECRET (2004) and TRIUMPH OR AGONY (2006) – epic elements came to the fore, which found its provisional peak in the orchestral THE FROZEN TEARS OF ANGELS (2010).

Despite having used the momentum of this previous production from 2010 to start working on FROM CHAOS TO ETERNITY without a break, a return to traditional and more rocking virtues sets in now, though the self-created musical stamping ground is not being abandoned for a single second: ”We cut back the bombast to a certain extent, let the guitars blast stronger again, put emphasis rather on basic rock”, Turilli states concerning this year's variant of their ”Film Score Metal” and the alignment of the new opus, which into the bargain finalizes the fantasy saga of the emerald sword that has been continued from the debut on for more than 15 years.

Once again Christopher Lee, doyen of dramatic arts, could be won over as the narrator, who introduces the lyrical concept in the theatric intro 'Ad Infinitum' and furthermore guides the listener through 'Heroes Of The Waterfalls´ Kingdom' which is 20 minutes long and the concluding centerpiece of the album at once, that pulls out all the stops of the symphonic-epic Hollywood Metal.

'Tempesta Di Fuoco' with its Italian lyrics and classical baroque speed rock attitude may be exactly what devotees of the sextette expect from their heroes, and also the hymnic title track with its typical sweeping Rhapsody-choirs embodies Film Score Metal at its best. However, already 'Ghosts Of Forgotten Worlds' turns out to be the first surprise because of its massive and progressive guitar play as well as Fabios Geoff-Tate-alike vocals – just as 'Aeons Of Raging Darkness' that undoubtably is one of the most agressive songs of Rhapsody's repertoire, due to its thrashing riffs and the astounding touch of Black Metal in Lione's voice.

On the other hand one can find traditional pieces such as the mini-opera 'Anima Perduta' (which is sung in romantic Italian language as well), the straight-lined mid-tempo rock track 'I Belong To The Stars' that is repeatedly bursting out in stunning orchestral choirs at the same time, or the rhythmic 'Tornado' that has a bridging function between the dramatic-epic and agressively rocking stylistic elements within the Italian's sound.

While the triumvirate Turilli/Lione/Staropoli was basically responsible for the recordings, the mixing was – in the tried and tested way and true to the motto ”never change a winning team” - passed on to Sascha Paeth and Michael ”Miro” Rodenberg to the Gate Studios in Wolfsburg. Even though FROM CHAOS TO ETERNITY might not be as orchestral as its predecessors: Rhapsody Of Fire are able to give their self-created genre ”Film Score Metal” subtle nuances and to create a record that – like all of its precursors – will be able to stand the proof of time with ”Summa cum Laude”.

also stay tuned for more news on April 15th (which is tomorrow)  ;D

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
Re: Rhapsody Of Fire News update April 15th 2011
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 11:15:37 AM »
Tom Hess is joining Rhapsody of Fire and free song to download [Aeon of Raging Darkness]

Tom Hess, the guitar virtuoso well known worldwide for his unique guitar skills and for being the creator of the famous online guitar courses, is now officially a new member of Rhapsody Of Fire!

He recorded most of the rhythmic parts of the new upcoming album “From Chaos To Eternity” and also two guitar solos! Alex says: “I saw Tom Hess playing on stage several times and always got impressed by his great stage presence and his way of playing. When I have heard the rhythmic and the solo guitars he recorded for Rhapsody Of Fire I was blown away, I could feel that strong presence in between every single note”. Luca adds: “I know Tom since many years. He is a great person, a good friend of mine and I am not surprised of the success he’s having teaching his guitar techniques all around the world. I am really proud to have built a strong partnership with him and I will always thank him for the support he gave me when I decided to create my Neoclassical Revelation Guitar Course. Therefore I am really honored to present Tom to all the fans of Rhapsody Of Fire as I am sure he will be the one who, through his artistic talent and unique skills, will make the difference in this band for the years to come!”

more news to be followed on May 13th 2011

and the free song here it is:
https://rhapsodyoffire.com/news/66-tom-hess-joining-rhapsody-of-fire-aeons-of-raging-darkness-as-free-download.html

The song for me is a bit weird but i need to listen to it more but overall fucking amazing song :metal

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 10:33:58 AM »
I think this song is a grower. I enjoyed it though, and the new guitarrist does seem to bring a new sound to the band. I loved the guitar sound in here.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 01:24:04 PM »
I think this song is a grower. I enjoyed it though, and the new guitarrist does seem to bring a new sound to the band. I loved the guitar sound in here.

Same here, but this song is no where like Reign of Terror, but hell i'm glad the band is back into the speed genre :metal i can't wait to listen to the new album!!! and i wonder what's next for the band since it's the last album about the "Dark Secret Saga"...

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 01:38:58 PM »