Author Topic: Young Justice (on the Cartoon Network)  (Read 1776 times)

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
Young Justice (on the Cartoon Network)
« on: March 12, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »
hey guy's i'm i the only one who watches the show? i have to say it's pretty awesome:)!! it remained me of the "Justice League"/"Justice League Unlimited" show

what do you guy's think of this show?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Young Justice (on the Cartoon Network)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 11:02:48 PM »
I DVR it every week.  I've always loved Bruce Timm's work on all the series.  This show is nor different.  Great start to a new series.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 12:20:20 AM »
Don't have cable, so I haven't been able to check it out...but I remember how awful Teen Titans was.

I too love the Bruce Timm stuff. I'm collecting all the DC universe DVD/blu rays right now. Great stuff. Can't wait for Batman Year One this year!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 06:59:07 AM »
Teen Titans wasn't part of the Bruce Timm world.  Myke, you'd like this.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 11:56:26 AM »
Oh I'm aware about TT :P I'm just always skeptical about doing "kid" DC stuff. Although I was curious about that aborted High School one they were going to do (which would've made no sense but been interesting none the less :lol)

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 03:30:52 PM »
I kind of want to like it for Wally West. But I just can't, really.

Superboy being dark and brooding and angsty for the sake of having the "bad boy" stereotype. I also like how he much his power shifts. Most recent episode, for example. Rip a tank apart with great ease. But then when a few people have a rope on his arm and are pulling, he can't move. Makes sense. Of course, I guess it's no different than Superman. HI I CAN MOVE A GALAXY WITH MY HANDS. OH WAIT, NEVERMIND. CANT EVEN MOVE A BUILDING. Or having him forget his vast array of ridiculous super powers so he doesn't auto-win everything all the time. Fuckin' DC.

And then Aqualad being the best ever and good at everything ever forever. Despite the fact that Aquaman is about as useful as The Dazzler in the Marvel universe. Oh but wait, he has a dark past. His father is Black Manta, so now he's a really interesting character.

I don't know, a lot of the characters seem like generic teen drama characters. Then mixed with super hero action and DC being DC.