Author Topic: People Who Leave Shopping Carts Behind Cars In The Parking Lot Depreciation  (Read 12178 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
What the fuck is this shit? Is it just an Arizona thing? In Florida, if people were too lazy (including myself) to bring the carts to the cart return, they'd at least put them over the curb out of the way in the little area with the trees and shit or stick them in empty spaces which can still cause an inconvenience, but behind the fucking cars?! I had two shopping carts behind my car today! TWO! Everyone does this now. It's the ultimate dick move. Fucking dirtbags! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! /tick rant

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Hey! I do that! Better watch those personal attacks.

:neverusethis:

But in all seriousness, that's awful, and I've never seen that before.

Offline Elsydeon

What the fuck is this shit? Is it just an Arizona thing? In Florida, if people were too lazy (including myself) to bring the carts to the cart return, they'd at least put them over the curb out of the way in the little area with the trees and shit or stick them in empty spaces which can still cause an inconvenience, but behind the fucking cars?! I had two shopping carts behind my car today! TWO! Everyone does this now. It's the ultimate dick move. Fucking dirtbags! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! /tick rant
Yeah I work the carts at the grocery store and I see it everyday. They just leave carts in the most inconvenient spots and they think nothing of it. If there's a cart in front of their car, they might move it behind another car. I really don't understand how some people think....or how they can be so lazy when the cart return corral is like 4 feet away from them and they choose to leave the cart stranded in the middle of a parking spot. I could go on for pages with rants about this!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Yesterday I was going to park and my girlfriend got out to move a cart from the spot and just as she did, this dumb bitch in the next spot over pushes her cart into the spot. Fucking retards!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yesterday I was going to park and my girlfriend got out to move a cart from the spot and just as she did, this dumb bitch in the next spot over pushes her cart into the spot. Fucking retards!

Fuck! *shakes head*

This annoys me too, people are just bone fucking lazy, and most of the time the trolley (cart) bay is one space away!!!  WTF is with that!!  Do they not think, or they just don't give a fuck!?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
If we're already ranting, what's with people who can't keep their foot on the brake? They're standing at the pedestrian crossing, and every 2 seconds their car inches towards the crossing a bit more. Have their legs atrophied so much with their fatness, or what is the deal here?

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Tanatra

• Forum Spider
I've only ever noticed shopping cart laziness at Wal-Marts. Seriously, it just doesn't seem to happen anywhere else.

One night, I noticed a shopping cart somehow made its way from the parking lot out onto a sidewalk on the main road. I pulled over, put the cart in the back of my truck, drove to Wal-Mart, and used it for the groceries I bought. :)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
If we're already ranting, what's with people who can't keep their foot on the brake? They're standing at the pedestrian crossing, and every 2 seconds their car inches towards the crossing a bit more. Have their legs atrophied so much with their fatness, or what is the deal here?

rumborak

Yeah, same with the lights.  The inch forward like somehow them moving forward will make the lights change quicker.

I've only ever noticed shopping cart laziness at Wal-Marts. Seriously, it just doesn't seem to happen anywhere else.

One night, I noticed a shopping cart somehow made its way from the parking lot out onto a sidewalk on the main road. I pulled over, put the cart in the back of my truck, drove to Wal-Mart, and used it for the groceries I bought. :)

That's pretty fuckin' epic!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
These are probably the same lazy toolbags who park in the fire lane in front of the supermarket while they run in and do a quick purchase.  People who do that should have their cars towed.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
I work at a supermarket and every day we need to go outside in the freezing cold, rain, snow, tornado, etc... and get every single cart that's left in the parking lot. When it gets windy I've seen a couple very close calls with expensive cars. But it sucks going on "cart duty."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
This douchebagery isn't isolated to Walmart. I see it in pretty much every parking lot I'm at. Someone even pushed their cart behind mine as I was approaching it. When they saw me push it away, they didn't say a word. Of course, they probably didn't speak english.

Offline CountVoorhees

• DTF.org Member

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
These are the same types of idiots that can't park their cars normally either.  You know the ones, they pull forward through a parking space because they're too goddamn stupid to put it in reverse and back out like normal people.  Then, they end up exiting the isle going the opposite direction.  People who are completely unaware of their surroundings because they live in their own stupid little fucking world.  I fucking hate em!!
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
These are the same types of idiots that can't park their cars normally either.  You know the ones, they pull forward through a parking space because they're too goddamn stupid to put it in reverse and back out like normal people.  Then, they end up exiting the isle going the opposite direction.  People who are completely unaware of their surroundings because they live in their own stupid little fucking world.  I fucking hate em!!
Odd thing to get so worked up about.  Some of us drive narrow cars with super-tight turning radii.  I can pull through and still exit the proper direction.1 

My biggest parking lot aggravation is people who drive vehicles that are too big for them to operate.  If it takes you three attempts to pull into a space, sell your goddamn car and ride the bus.  Combine this with the people that block the lane for 3 minutes waiting for somebody to pull out so they can park close and you've got one helluva annoying situation.  And the people who spend all day looking for a close parking spot are usually the people who need to fucking walk in the first place.  I usually park in the outfield by choice.  Walking is good.  Waiting sucks.  First in, first out.  Plus, carts don't normally make it that far out. 

1Something I'll occasionally do when I have somebody in the car with me is to park properly, on my side, but exit forward between the two cars parked in front of me.  Nobody ever expects that.  You get some great reactions. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
It's a matter of principle.  Park your car the right way and put your fucking shopping cart where it belongs when you're finished with it.  It's as simply as that.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I'm an ass when I see somebody not put a cart into the corral.  I'll say something rude.  Also I can't stand when somebody blocks the whole isle when I'm food shopping.  There world is more important then my world and then you get a dirty look when you ask to get by.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
I've never seen that happening here. Seems like it's an American thing...

However, people who can't park properly are pretty common here as well.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
This never really happens in aus (for me anyway), well at least the trolley thing.

Kosmo

I already get pissed when people leave them in a random place and not where they belong but behind people's cars? Jesus...

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
As someone who has spent countless hours corralling carts, I always always always put carts back.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
Over here you have to put 50 cent in the cart which you get back once you put the cart back in the stall (coin ejects when you put a cord of the cart in front of you in your cart - locking them together).

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Over here you have to put 50 cent in the cart which you get back once you put the cart back in the stall (coin ejects when you put a cord of the cart in front of you in your cart - locking them together).

Same system here in Sweden, though it's 5 or 10 SKR instead of cent. ;)

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
The value remains the same. *shrugs*

So you don't have to pay a deposit for shopping carts in the US? I didn't know that.

Mentlegen.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
The value remains the same. *shrugs*

So you don't have to pay a deposit for shopping carts in the US? I didn't know that.
Not at most places, although there is a discount chain here called Aldi that does that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
Aldi has its origins in Germany, so I guess that's where it comes from.

Mentlegen.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Aldi has its origins in Germany, so I guess that's where it comes from.
OK, that makes sense.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline j

My biggest parking lot aggravation is people who drive vehicles that are too big for them to operate.  If it takes you three attempts to pull into a space, sell your goddamn car and ride the bus.

This has got to be a bigger problem here in Tejas than anywhere else, where even chicks try (and fail) to drive big trucks.

And the people who spend all day looking for a close parking spot are usually the people who need to fucking walk in the first place.

I've noticed this irony before too.

This happens everywhere here too.  I yelled at a bitch one time when I came out and caught her ditching her cart up against my car before squeezing her fat ass into her Tahoe and trying to speed off.

-J

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠

fuck nice things

fuck shopping carts

everyone stop giving a fuck about anything

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band

fuck nice things

fuck shopping carts

everyone stop giving a fuck about anything
But when we stop giving a fuck about stopping giving a fuck. have we not given a fuck.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Best parking video I've ever seen. Guy parks car for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bWbau0Rxq0
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Riceball

• It's the economy, stupid.

50c! In Australia its AU$2...They aren't everywhere yet though.

I punch those numbers into my calculator and they make a happy face.

A $500 Musical Odyssey: Now accepting nominations

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni

WHY DON'T WE HAVE THIS TOO?  >:(
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night

I dont think the price matters  :lol It's just to make sure you return the cart.
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline Riceball

• It's the economy, stupid.

I dont think the price matters  :lol It's just to make sure you return the cart.

Some people in Australia are idiots though...I've heard people complain that it "costs" two bucks, refuse to pay the deposit and complain to management. I've also seen a heap of people not bother taking them back too - which is where price would be more important.
I punch those numbers into my calculator and they make a happy face.

A $500 Musical Odyssey: Now accepting nominations

Offline Elsydeon

I think Price Rite uses the coin in cart system, at least ours do. I think it's only a quarter too.