Author Topic: Boston  (Read 4371 times)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: Boston
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2011, 04:56:04 PM »
TAC and King!

"The check is in the mail"
 ;)

But, yea... it was a great show.. one of my first rock shows and it was like a scene off "That  70s Show"

great memories

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 03:45:17 PM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2011, 05:20:53 AM »
Boston is awesome at all times, but none so much as their debut album.  Pure melodic rock heaven.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2011, 07:59:13 AM »
"Don't Look Back" is the best Boston song.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
Boston is awesome at all times, but none so much as their debut album.  Pure melodic rock heaven.

Id agree with that.. Dont Look Back was also very very good!!

and Hef, I like the Jackson Browne in your signature.. :tup
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2011, 03:08:41 PM »
"Don't Look Back" is the best Boston song.

:metal That song always reminds me of the summer my friend and I drove around blasting that song over and over on cassette. Such a great tune!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2011, 03:10:55 PM »
My dad had Don't Look Back and so it was one of the first albums I was into. The cover drew me in with the spaceship-guitar thing. Everything sounded so "clean".
Never reall got into the debut.

You are one of a kind, my friend. The debut pretty much is a greatest hits album.

yeah it's been said before!
I don't know whether I didn't get into it because of "that song" (MTAF). It kind of overpowered everything else. I'll have to dig the debut out and try again.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2011, 03:12:45 PM »
If you have it on vinyl, make sure you listen to that over the CD release. The debut album, along with Rumours, is one of the best sounding albums to come out of the 70s, and it is only perfected on vinyl.  :tup

Offline Soldier777

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2011, 06:20:23 PM »
Boston has some great tunes. Michael Sweet from Stryper is one of the lead singers and guitar players.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2011, 06:24:18 PM »
My dad had Don't Look Back and so it was one of the first albums I was into. The cover drew me in with the spaceship-guitar thing. Everything sounded so "clean".
Never reall got into the debut.

You are one of a kind, my friend. The debut pretty much is a greatest hits album.

yeah it's been said before!
I don't know whether I didn't get into it because of "that song" (MTAF). It kind of overpowered everything else. I'll have to dig the debut out and try again.

There's so much more to it than that. I mean "Piece Of Mind", "Foreplay/Long Time", "Smokin'", all so good.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2011, 05:19:16 AM »
Boston has some great tunes. Michael Sweet from Stryper is one of the lead singers and guitar players.
He has performed live with them some in the last few years.  But he had nothing to do with the creation or recording of any of the music we are discussing.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.