Author Topic: Are We Truly In The End Times?  (Read 106336 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Re: Are We Truly In The End Times?
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2011, 08:51:40 AM »

Also, you don't have to be an economist to realise that one world currency would never work.
Obama care won't work either but that didn't stop him from implementing it.
just sayin...
:tick2:

And, uh, what makes you think it won't work? Because our current system barely works

Oh, right

OBAMA
Well for me personally my previously awesome heath care saw its yearly deductible literally double from 5,000 to 10,000 dollars this year so I can see the fruit of its awesomeness already. I guess I should be pretty thrilled about it.
:tick2:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2011, 09:07:29 AM »
Awesome health care? Most of Europe looks down on your health care system because it's so bad.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2011, 09:10:28 AM »
The health care system in general is total shit, but it doesn't mean an individual can't have perfectly good coverage. The problem is that a ton of people don't have access to that coverage.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2011, 09:11:50 AM »
The health care system in general is total shit, but it doesn't mean an individual can't have perfectly good coverage. The problem is that a ton of people don't have access to that coverage.
Exactly.
For whatever reason my yearly deductible doubled this year. That sucks.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »
Exactly.
My monthly premium double over the four years before Obamacare was passed and my deductible doubled too. It was not Obamacare that caused all of this to happen.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2011, 10:48:02 AM »
Exactly.
My monthly premium double over the four years before Obamacare was passed and my deductible doubled too. It was not Obamacare that caused all of this to happen.
Whatever the reason is, it blows.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2011, 11:11:50 AM »
It must be a tough way to live, always thinking the end times are near. 
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
Actually, the end of humans is near and that can be considered a blessing.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2011, 11:24:46 AM »

Feeling that way about your own race also seems like a tough way to live.

Do you really feel that ending human life is a blessing?
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »
Who lives like that?

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2011, 11:47:23 AM »
Who lives like that?

People who think the end of times is near.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2011, 11:57:23 AM »
Who lives like that?

People who think the end of times is near.
You can believe were getting close to the end without obsessing about it?

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2011, 11:58:46 AM »
Actually if you are a person who believes the end times are here...it stands to chance that they probably are believers of Christ...therefore they most likely believe they are saved will not suffer the wrath of the end times. I think it's the folk who aren't so sure about thier spiritual eternity that are a bit concerned about it being the 'end times' or not.  
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2011, 12:15:11 PM »
Actually if you are a person who believes the end times are here...it stands to chance that they probably are believers of Christ...therefore they most likely believe they are saved will not suffer the wrath of the end times. I think it's the folk who aren't so sure about thier spiritual eternity that are a bit concerned about it being the 'end times' or not.  

Interesting.  By your reasoning, no one really should be worried about end of times.  If you believe in it, you are Christian, and wont be affected.  If you arent christian, you dont believe in the end of times.

Yet so many people worry about the end of times.  Hmmmmm. 
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2011, 12:32:54 PM »

Interesting.  By your reasoning, no one really should be worried about end of times.  If you believe in it, you are Christian, and wont be affected.  If you arent christian, you dont believe in the end of times.

It’s not exactly my reasoning….but I am a believer and whether or not it is or isn’t the end times doesn’t affect me one way or the other. I can say that I don’t dismiss some of the events in the world as easily as others do or attribute them to their more obvious meanings as quickly. But as a believer most of my ‘worry’ is for people who I love and care for deeply and their eternity. But I will never argue with free will and choice.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2011, 12:44:30 PM »

It’s not exactly my reasoning….but I am a believer and whether or not it is or isn’t the end times doesn’t affect me one way or the other. I can say that I don’t dismiss some of the events in the world as easily as others do or attribute them to their more obvious meanings as quickly. But as a believer most of my ‘worry’ is for people who I love and care for deeply and their eternity. But I will never argue with free will and choice.

So how are you questioning what I said?  Either you are worried about your own horrific end....or you feel you will be saved, but worry about friends and family that wont.  Either way, it seems like a burden to live with, especially if you are prone to read end times into every single event on the news.
Im trying to figure out which type of religious incentive the end of times is....the whip or the carrot?
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2011, 12:47:23 PM »

Interesting.  By your reasoning, no one really should be worried about end of times.  If you believe in it, you are Christian, and wont be affected.  If you arent christian, you dont believe in the end of times.

Yet so many people worry about the end of times.  Hmmmmm.  
Well said.
For me personally. I am a believer who lacks faith in my own faithfulness to God. I don't think I serve God as he would like me to. He did so much for me and I tend to put self first all to often. I believe I am saved but I'll probably wind up in a basement apartment in heaven unless I put forth a more righteous effort on this earth.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »

So how are you questioning what I said?  Either you are worried about your own horrific end....or you feel you will be saved, but worry about friends and family that wont.  Either way, it seems like a burden to live with, especially if you are prone to read end times into every single event on the news.
Im trying to figure out which type of religious incentive the end of times is....the whip or the carrot?

I can’t speak for other believers but for me there is no burden there. Even though I may worry about loved ones, I know from my faith that it is all out of my hands. I can’t control their choices or force them to think one way or the other so there is no real burden on me. Any emotions I feel are the same emotions that we all share when we are anxious for family members or loved ones in any realm of concern. They are not enhanced or controlled by an impending end times scenario. 

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2011, 01:02:21 PM »

Interesting.  By your reasoning, no one really should be worried about end of times.  If you believe in it, you are Christian, and wont be affected.  If you arent christian, you dont believe in the end of times.

Yet so many people worry about the end of times.  Hmmmmm.  

So how are you questioning what I said?  Either you are worried about your own horrific end....or you feel you will be saved, but worry about friends and family that wont.  Either way, it seems like a burden to live with, especially if you are prone to read end times into every single event on the news.

I can’t speak for other believers but for me there is no burden there. Even though I may worry about loved ones, I know from my faith that it is all out of my hands. I can’t control their choices or force them to think one way or the other so there is no real burden on me. Any emotions I feel are the same emotions that we all share when we are anxious for family members or loved ones in any realm of concern. They are not enhanced or controlled by an impending end times scenario.  

Maybe not for you, and Im sure many others....but it is clear that it weighs heavy on the minds of many.  I just said that it must be a tough way to live.  Tough to live with impending doom imposed on you by your faith that you or your loved ones might, or will, have to experience.  Yeah...sounds more whip than carrot to me.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:13:00 PM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2011, 02:44:49 PM »
Easy on the quote pyramids guys :)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2011, 02:50:19 PM »

I think that's the complete opposite of a blessing. Why would you wish for the extinction of your own species?

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2011, 03:41:34 PM »
Here's a thought: If the end of times were actually near, shouldn't the Christians be spared from the disasters? Meaning, the fact that Christians die shows it's plain ol' regular disasters?

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »
Here's a thought: If the end of times were actually near, shouldn't the Christians be spared from the disasters? Meaning, the fact that Christians die shows it's plain ol' regular disasters?

rumborak
The end times don't mean everyday is the rapture.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »
This thread is one big overreaction heading closer to P/R with each religious doomsday point made.

EDIT: oh lol, someone linked me to the thread and I thought it was in GD.  And we're already in P/R.  Shows you how often I visit this side of the board.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:12:06 PM by skydivingninja »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »
Don't worry guys. We'll be just fine. Set Abominae had a change of heart. :tup

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2011, 09:22:45 PM »
I'm with the people who think that the end of humanity can only be a good thing for nature. Obviously (given my avatar, and the fact that he's my favorite person ever), I fully agree with Carlin's view on the matter. Sit back, watch everybody freak the fuck out, and no matter how bad a natural disaster gets, always hope that it gets a little bit worse.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2011, 09:31:02 PM »
I'm with the people who think that the end of humanity can only be a good thing for nature.

"Good" is only a human conception and to apply that concept to post-humanity Earth where that concept no longer exists is kind of ridiculous. Nature has no purpose and therefore there is no good outcome or bad outcome. I know what you're trying to say, but its ignoring the fact that humanity and everything resulting from human activity are themselves fundamentally parts of nature.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2011, 09:33:51 PM »
I'm with the people who think that the end of humanity can only be a good thing for nature.

"Good" is only a human conception and to apply that concept to post-humanity Earth where that concept no longer exists is kind of ridiculous. Nature has no purpose and therefore there is no good outcome or bad outcome. I know what you're trying to say, but its ignoring the fact that humanity and everything resulting from human activity are themselves fundamentally parts of nature.
This is true. However, I think it's pretty apparent that we're doing more harm to this planet than we are helping it. Granted, I agree with your idea that nature in and of itself is a pointless thing.

Really, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm just not that fond of humanity.  :lol
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline j

« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2011, 09:51:10 PM »
Easy on the quote pyramids guys :)

:lol  I was about to say, that one was getting impressive.

-J

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2011, 09:52:43 PM »
I was about to say, that one was getting impressive.

-J
That's what she said.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2011, 09:55:51 PM »
I have no opinion on end times besides that I believe it will happen. I don't fuss with that stuff. Pretty sure Jesus was all about worrying about today, "for tomorrow will have its own worries."

Oh, this is how I feel:

Really, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm just not that fond of humanity.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2011, 11:28:49 PM »
" But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:  For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,  traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,  having a form of godliness but denying its power."         2nd Timothy 3:1-5

Sounds pretty familiar if you ask me.
Powerful stuff.

Yeah, it does sound familiar. It sounds like THE WAY IT'S ALWAYS BEEN.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2011, 01:27:50 AM »
" But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:  For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,  traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,  having a form of godliness but denying its power."         2nd Timothy 3:1-5

Sounds pretty familiar if you ask me.
Powerful stuff.

Yeah, it does sound familiar. It sounds like THE WAY IT'S ALWAYS BEEN.

Then maybe we've been in the 'end times' for a while now?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2011, 06:37:42 AM »
I still cannot fathom how anyone can think that the global situation is worse than 50 or 100 years ago, let alone further than that.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."