Author Topic: Are We Truly In The End Times?  (Read 106357 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Are We Truly In The End Times?
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 11:03:18 AM »
He was banished to earth?  :huh:
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ħ

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 11:08:33 AM »
From what I know...no.  I personally believe that the "rapture" and the "second coming" are two different events.  Since the rapture hasn't occured yet we aren't in the end times.  But I'm not 100% confident that those are two separate events.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 11:16:23 AM »
Really? That’s how America was formed? I had no idea. I can only hope to assume that you habitually post these type of responses to develop a deeper discussion and offer an view perhaps overlooked. Otherwise it often appears that you are very condescending to those who don’t ‘think’ like you. And as you mentioned, America like every other nation or country that has ever has had ever existed, has had a violent past. Maybe the devil got off on the fact he could watch a couple hundred years of brutal slavery take place on a new continent? Maybe he thought it’d be neat to witness an atom bomb be dropped on a few hundred thousand people? 
     There are certainly an assortment of horrid instances in America’s history that the devil would surely have benefitted from. But there are equally a multitude of fantastic things that has come from America becoming a country that typify the qualities of God. You speak of plagues and disease…well America has been and will continue to be on the forefront of developing vaccines and cures for the plagues of the world. America is always first in line to donate money/aide/ and any type of help when a country or nation has faced an epidemic or natural disaster. It would be simple to continue to cite further examples but that is a topic for another thread.

The point of my post was, if you *know* that America has had this violent past, why do you see the uprising in the Middle East as a sign for the end of times? What makes this one special?

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 11:24:46 AM »
Tick, it's time for humans to start realizing that we are not the center of reality.  "economy" is a human term.  Humans are not the dominant species on the planet.  It doesn't really matter what we do.  How long have ants been here?  Way longer than the dinosaurs.  The dinosaurs roamed the Earth for 150 million years.  Then, poof they were gone.  We have only been around for less than a fraction of that amount of time.

Believe me, when humans disappear, and they will, life and time will go on without us.  Long, long, long after we're gone.

So, it's not the end times.  Feel better now?   ;)
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »
Really? That’s how America was formed? I had no idea. I can only hope to assume that you habitually post these type of responses to develop a deeper discussion and offer an view perhaps overlooked. Otherwise it often appears that you are very condescending to those who don’t ‘think’ like you. And as you mentioned, America like every other nation or country that has ever has had ever existed, has had a violent past. Maybe the devil got off on the fact he could watch a couple hundred years of brutal slavery take place on a new continent? Maybe he thought it’d be neat to witness an atom bomb be dropped on a few hundred thousand people? 
     There are certainly an assortment of horrid instances in America’s history that the devil would surely have benefitted from. But there are equally a multitude of fantastic things that has come from America becoming a country that typify the qualities of God. You speak of plagues and disease…well America has been and will continue to be on the forefront of developing vaccines and cures for the plagues of the world. America is always first in line to donate money/aide/ and any type of help when a country or nation has faced an epidemic or natural disaster. It would be simple to continue to cite further examples but that is a topic for another thread.

The point of my post was, if you *know* that America has had this violent past, why do you see the uprising in the Middle East as a sign for the end of times? What makes this one special?

rumborak

Because people tend to think that their own times or experiences are special, unique, or of more significance/importance.
If one remains unbiased and logical, and is willing to study history, it is clear to see that there were times in this world that were FAR more violent, tragic, etc.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 12:37:15 PM »

rumborak

Sorry to have missed your point. When speaking of the ’end times’ there are an assortment of scriptural predictions or prophecies that have the appearance of coming to fruition in the current world environment. Forgive me if I do not post the exact scripture or quotes, there are so many of them, but the gist of one of the many is that Israel will be surrounded by their enemies and there will be wars on all sides. That obviously is taking place, not that it hasn’t been going on for centuries…but coupled with numerous other ‘prophecies’ that appear to be aligning I think that is what is fueling this ‘end of times’ declaration that has taken off over the past few years.   
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2011, 12:41:45 PM »
The thing is also, you have to "creatively read" Jesus' statements about Judgment Day to conclude that it will still come. It was supposed to happen in the disciples' lifetime. It didn't.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2011, 12:41:50 PM »
Time have been much worse in years past. The only difference now is that we have media to conastantly dwell on it and ram it down our throats.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 12:51:29 PM »
Time have been much worse in years past. The only difference now is that we have media to conastantly dwell on it and ram it down our throats.
I for one cannot stand the 24 hour news cycle and immediate availability of the "news". I can see the benefits on one hand, but on the other hand if I had to put a percentage on how much of this "news" is actually news...I think it'd only be 25%-35%...and that is being generous. If you stay plugged in and try to absorb everything that scrolls across the screen....it will drive you insane!

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011, 02:43:54 PM »
I for one cannot stand the 24 hour news cycle and immediate availability of the "news". I can see the benefits on one hand, but on the other hand if I had to put a percentage on how much of this "news" is actually news...I think it'd only be 25%-35%...and that is being generous. If you stay plugged in and try to absorb everything that scrolls across the screen....it will drive you insane!

This is so true.  I find I am angrier and more pessimistic the more I read the news.  How sad is that?  Especially after reading user comments under the articles.  It's such a mistake to read that stuff.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2011, 03:13:56 PM »

This is so true.  I find I am angrier and more pessimistic the more I read the news.  How sad is that?  Especially after reading user comments under the articles.  It's such a mistake to read that stuff.
Oh you hit the nail right on the head with that. Those user comment sections are mean spirited and it really is humanity at its worst. I have limited myself to my local news after I get home from work and a quick perusal of ‘world’ news from a couple newspaper sites in the morning and then try to avoid the rest.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2011, 03:20:01 PM »
Interesting topic.  Just the other day I saw on the news that thousands of fish, literally tons, had turned up dead in a Los Angeles bay, the same had happened all over America.  Also there were reports of birds falling from the sky over Arkansas recently.  Not sure of the exact details, but you can google it.

In Zephaniah 1:3 it speaks about the coming 'Day of the Lord':

"I will sweep away both men and animals; I will sweep away the birds of the air and the fish of the sea. The wicked will have only heaps of rubble when I cut off man from the face of the earth," declares the LORD.

Pretty freaky stuff.

Online Adami

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2011, 03:24:17 PM »
Interesting topic.  Just the other day I saw on the news that thousands of fish, literally tons, had turned up dead in a Los Angeles bay, the same had happened all over America.  Also there were reports of birds falling from the sky over Arkansas recently.  Not sure of the exact details, but you can google it.

"I will sweep away both men and animals; I will sweep away the birds of the air and the fish of the sea. The wicked will have only heaps of rubble when I cut off man from the face of the earth," declares the LORD.

Pretty freaky stuff.

As far as I know, those things happen regularly.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2011, 03:28:11 PM »
Interesting topic.  Just the other day I saw on the news that thousands of fish, literally tons, had turned up dead in a Los Angeles bay, the same had happened all over America.  Also there were reports of birds falling from the sky over Arkansas recently.  Not sure of the exact details, but you can google it.

Pretty freaky stuff.

Really?  Well there you go, end times.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »
Or pollution.  You know, whichever seems more reasonable.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2011, 03:37:56 PM »
Yeah, that's what I thought at first.  I know that one of the places with the fish, Cheakaspere (or something like that) Bay is a nuclear research facility near where Frank Zappa lived as a child. 

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2011, 04:33:04 PM »
Definitely sounds familiar, but I'd guess if you went back over the last 2000 years, it would sound familiar pretty much all the time.
I can only look at things through the scope of what I've seen, and things are different now then when I was a kid, and not in a good way. That's just how I see things.

Well, it does help to pick up a book. That's how people learn about things that were before their time.

Especially read up on the bubonic plague.

rumborak

Ok, and it would help if you go to page two of general discussion and declare a winner in the caption game.
:tick2:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online Adami

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2011, 04:38:34 PM »
Interesting topic.  Just the other day I saw on the news that thousands of fish, literally tons, had turned up dead in a Los Angeles bay, the same had happened all over America.  Also there were reports of birds falling from the sky over Arkansas recently.  Not sure of the exact details, but you can google it.

Pretty freaky stuff.

Really?  Well there you go, end times.

I mean regularly as in it's nothing new.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2011, 04:41:07 PM »

Pretty freaky stuff.

One things for sure, intellectual man will reason away any and all signs that a biblical prophesy might be true.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2011, 04:45:41 PM »
LOL
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online Adami

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2011, 04:52:18 PM »

Pretty freaky stuff.

One things for sure, intellectual man will reason away any and all signs that a biblical prophesy might be true.

Thank you. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2011, 04:55:14 PM »

Pretty freaky stuff.

Thank you. :)
oh you thought I meant you? ok then, your welcome! :tick2:

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2011, 05:41:11 PM »
People want to be at the end of times.

This can't be overstated. But just thinking about people in past conditions, I'm sure they had faaaaaaaaaaar better reason to believe they were the ones living in the end times. And yet it is the ones that had visions of a better world that we remember, not the doomsday preachers.

wtf is the internet?

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2011, 02:45:03 AM »
Actually, I take that back, after feeling a massive earthquake today. The end is here. We're doomed.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2011, 05:23:45 AM »
Actually, I take that back, after feeling a massive earthquake today. The end is here. We're doomed.
Laugh it up.

"TOKYO – A massive tsunami spawned by the largest earthquake in Japan's recorded history slammed the eastern coast Friday, sweeping away boats, cars, homes and people as widespread fires burned out of control. Tsunami warnings blanketed the entire Pacific, as far away as South America, Canada, Alaska and the entire U.S. West Coast."

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2011, 05:25:46 AM »
I'm sure ack is more than aware of the damage the earthquake caused, considering he lives in Tokyo.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2011, 05:35:52 AM »
I'm sure ack is more than aware of the damage the earthquake caused, considering he lives in Tokyo.
Well, may he stay safe from harm.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2011, 07:16:44 AM »
This isn't the end of the world, but pretty obviously the end of the era of Western dominance.  Also global warming.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2011, 07:22:34 AM »
This isn't the end of the world, but pretty obviously the end of the era of Western dominance.  Also global warming.

If anything, I think the latter will ensure the continued power of the former.  All of India's people and resources won't mean squat when they can't provide water to their own citizens.

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2011, 07:27:29 AM »
Shit happens all the time. I bet there were earthquakes of this scale 2000+ years ago and it wouldn't suprise me if they were talking about the end of the world back then as well.

Also, you don't have to be an economist to realise that one world currency would never work.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:34:03 AM by TheVoxyn »

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2011, 07:33:55 AM »
This isn't the end of the world, but pretty obviously the end of the era of Western dominance.  Also global warming.

If anything, I think the latter will ensure the continued power of the former.  All of India's people and resources won't mean squat when they can't provide water to their own citizens.

Well yeah, in the short run it'll be a thing of waning Western dominance.  It's the long run that's gonna screw almost everyone over.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2011, 08:00:39 AM »

Also, you don't have to be an economist to realise that one world currency would never work.
Obama care won't work either but that didn't stop him from implementing it.
just sayin...

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2011, 08:01:16 AM »
...But it will.  At least it'll work better than what we have now.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2011, 08:02:33 AM »

just sayin...

And, uh, what makes you think it won't work? Because our current system barely works

Oh, right

OBAMA

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2011, 08:09:48 AM »

just sayin...

And, uh, what makes you think it won't work? Because our current system barely works

Oh, right

OBAMA

Pretty much this.