Author Topic: The Frost* thread  (Read 75622 times)

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
Re: The Frost* thread
« Reply #385 on: September 19, 2019, 09:05:51 AM »
And they've been putting up daily podcasts on their Soundcloud page, where they basically talk about what they've done that day, and shoot the breeze in the inimitable way that only Messrs Mitchell and Godfrey can.

They also put up two songs which will presumably be on the upcoming Others EP. https://soundcloud.com/user-428935264

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #386 on: October 15, 2019, 06:03:15 AM »
Hello all! I don’t know about where any of you live, but I just woke up to the first Frost* of the season, and as has been tradition since winter 2007 when I bought Milliontown, I’m inaugurating the occasion with some Frosty* delights!
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #387 on: October 15, 2019, 06:26:43 AM »
Well, I live in the southern hemisphere and we are getting into Spring right now, but it is always a good day to listen to Milliontown. I'll give it a listen later today  :smiley:
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #388 on: May 06, 2020, 04:04:28 PM »
An update from Jem posted 10 minutes ago:

"Good evening Bacefook. Jem here, I hope you're doing ok as this bizarre alternative universe Micheal Chrichton style reality continues to inexplicably unfold... Quick Frost update for what it's worth at the moment which isn't very much I know, but every little bit of positive news helps I hope.

The album's coming along very nicely. Drum legend Pat Mastelotto has joined us for a song or two... he's playing on the songs "Repeat To Fade" and "Skywards". I have the drums for the former and they are gigantic. I had goosebumps listening to it.

The writing is also continuing. Today I wrote a song called "The Boy Who Stood Still". This follows a song I wrote at the weekend called "Antidon't" so we're getting a good run of momentum at the moment.

John and Nath are sending me their parts to various songs as the days go by.

And, most positively of all, the EP "Others" will be released on June 5. There'll be a lot of noise about it over the next 72 hours on our various channels, but I thought I'd jump the gun tonight because I owe this place a bit of love.

More news as we get it. Keep yourselves safe and I'll see you back here soon!

Onwards!

Jem"

Woohoo, finally the EP will come out!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #389 on: May 06, 2020, 04:25:24 PM »
I just remembered that EP a few days ago and was wondering if I had missed its release. It was announced so long ago.  :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: May 06, 2020, 04:29:06 PM »
Yeah, Jem and John post a lot on twitter. I love that they are making the best out of the quarantine. Having Pat in there, even if it's just two songs, is going to be amazing!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #391 on: May 06, 2020, 05:05:35 PM »
I was just listening to Frost* again yesterday after a while, so these are very good news, I'm ready :metal :metal :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #392 on: May 07, 2020, 01:10:31 AM »
Pity that Craig Blundell is not a part of Frost* anymore. He is seriously amazing (btw, is he still in Hackett's band?).
BUT Pat is a fantastic drummer. I'm excited to hear what he'll add to the songs.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #393 on: May 07, 2020, 08:04:49 AM »
My word, June's looking like the best month for album releases for a long time, even with the delay of Steven Wilson's album.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #394 on: May 07, 2020, 11:11:53 AM »
Another update from Jem:

"Ey up...to confirm then...our new EP "Others" will be released digitally on June 5 and will be released as part of the limited “13 Winters” anthology-artbook physically later this year. More news on it all shortly..

To celebrate, I'm going to release a series of 1 minute long Frost*verts every week day until I run out of talent and/or material.

https://youtu.be/DxXHgeyb6do
"
Gotta love his sense of humor!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #395 on: May 07, 2020, 01:01:27 PM »
Hopefully EIMA get remixed and remastered. It's a great album but I can't stand the way it was compressed as fuck. Very harsh and a lot of clipping even at low volumes.

Has there been any news on what's going to be in the artbook?

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #396 on: May 07, 2020, 01:18:10 PM »
Based on previous tweets and stuff, I have a feeling everything in the box has been remixed/remastered.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #397 on: May 14, 2020, 09:14:44 AM »
Posted by InsideOut Music about 6 hours ago:

With Official Frost*s latest album, “Falling Satellites”, dating back to 2016, it was about time, mastermind Jem Godfrey teamed up with Nathan King and John Mitchell to continue forging daring and dynamic progressive music.

Completed already back in 2019, FROST* now announce the release of the stunning 32 minutes long “Others – EP”. Jem Godfrey states:
“Others” is a 6 track EP containing 6 songs that were written at the time of the “Falling Satellites” album. Initially the idea was that “Falling Satellites” would be a double album, but it felt more focused and concise as a single album by the time we’d finished making it, so these half completed songs were put to one side. Now finished and mixed, they are ready to see the light of day!”

The EP will be released digitally on June 5, 2020 and will be released as part of the limited “13 Winters” anthology-artbook physically later this year.

A first track from the “Others – EP” will be released on May 22!
The track-list is below:
1. Fathers
2. Clouda
3. Exhibit A
4. Fathom
5. Eat
6. Drown

Not much longer now!

-Marc.

Offline 425

« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »
Do we know what this 13 Winters collection is going to be? Is it going to be a collection of all their studio material or something? I'm just getting into this band and so far I only have Falling Satellites, so it'd be nice to get something like that if so.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #399 on: May 14, 2020, 03:31:39 PM »
wasn’t there supposed to be a live release too at some point? Dingwalls, whatever happened to that?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #400 on: May 22, 2020, 10:26:26 AM »

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #401 on: May 22, 2020, 03:43:41 PM »
With FROST*’s latest album, “Falling Satellites”, dating back to 2016, it was about time, mastermind Jem Godfrey teamed up with Nathan King and John Mitchell to continue forging daring and dynamic progressive music. After announcing the 32 minutes long “Others – EP”, now the time is nigh to reveal a brand-new track "Exhibit A."

Jem Godfrey states: “It’s good to be back with a cheerful song for these cheerful times! This is about being careful what you wish for when playing the fame game”.

Listen to the song here: https://youtu.be/SKO0FICV6YQ

:metal

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: May 22, 2020, 04:37:53 PM »
What an interesting song. It has that unmistakable Frost* sound, but at the same time is quite different to what I'm used to hearing from them. I like that they are exploring new musical spaces.

Offline krands85

« Reply #403 on: May 22, 2020, 06:08:37 PM »
That was cool! Honestly, I didn't enjoy Falling Satellites very much, so wasn't sure what to expect with the new music, but that was a good start.  :tup
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #404 on: May 22, 2020, 08:16:15 PM »
Absolutely loved it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #405 on: May 23, 2020, 12:19:10 PM »
Very interesting! Sounds a bit different, but it's still clearly Frost*. Can't believe we're finally getting new music after 4 years (when I discovered them).
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #406 on: May 23, 2020, 12:45:37 PM »
Can't believe we're finally getting new music after 4 years (when I discovered them).

Imagine waiting 8 years between EIMA and FS... :rollin (like I did...ugh)

-Marc.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #407 on: May 23, 2020, 02:10:43 PM »
Can't believe we're finally getting new music after 4 years (when I discovered them).

Imagine waiting 8 years between EIMA and FS... :rollin (like I did...ugh)

-Marc.

That's no too good :lol

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #408 on: May 27, 2020, 08:49:51 AM »
Frost* channeling The Prodigy on Exhibit A. Huge, stadium-filling keyboards. Absolute club banger!

Offline romdrums

« Reply #409 on: May 27, 2020, 11:01:49 AM »
Frost* channeling The Prodigy on Exhibit A. Huge, stadium-filling keyboards. Absolute club banger!

I was thinking the same thing, with a bit of NIN's Starfuckers, Inc. in there as well.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #410 on: June 05, 2020, 11:38:08 AM »
Anyone check out the EP yet?  Very interesting stuff so far.  Feels like it’s mostly a Jem solo effort, but it’s very interesting.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #411 on: June 05, 2020, 12:04:07 PM »
I listened to it once, it didn't catch me. But Falling Satellites didn't either at first listen back then and now I love it.

I wonder who plays drums on the EP.
any rock can be made to roll

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: June 05, 2020, 12:42:25 PM »
I listened to it once. I can see why these did not make it into the album. They sound very much like Falling Satellites, but at the same time are very different.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #413 on: June 05, 2020, 01:17:44 PM »
I really like the EP. Exhibit A is :2metal:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #414 on: June 05, 2020, 03:43:10 PM »
I really like the EP. Exhibit A is :2metal:
Yeah seriously, it's like a mini version of The Dividing Line, both musically and conceptually. :metal

I'm also absolutely loving the grooooooove in Eat.

All round a really cool EP. I think I'm actually digging it slightly more than Falling Satellites so far.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #415 on: June 05, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »
I listened to it once, it didn't catch me. But Falling Satellites didn't either at first listen back then and now I love it.

I'm not sure either but Jem has been working on this for so long I suppose it's most likely Craig Blundell

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #416 on: June 07, 2020, 12:08:33 AM »
Finally could listen to it today, and I like it, but it needs more spins to form a proper opinion on it. I agree that Exhibit A is :metal and it's currently my favorite, but it was the single, so I was already familiar with it before.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #417 on: June 07, 2020, 08:47:35 AM »

Jem said on Facebook or Twitter that Pat Mastelotto recorded 2 tracks, but he didn’t tell which tracks. I think 2 of them has only eletronic drums and the other 2 must be Craig. I’m still curious which tracks.
Very good EP, it’s more on the eletronic/experimental side of Falling Satellites.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #418 on: September 24, 2020, 06:13:31 AM »
FROST* - launch trailer and presale for limited artbook anthology “13 Winters”
On November 20th, 2020, “13 Winters” will be released through InsideOutMusic offering a comprehensive sonic journey through the dynamic, daring and exciting past releases of UK’s FROST*. Spanning eight discs, the group’s mastermind Jem Godfrey is looking forward to share this anthology artbook with all of you:

“It’s been a long time coming and has been a lot of work, but we’re finally there! My thanks to everybody at InsideOut for all their hard work on getting this together and also to Paul “Vitamin P” Tippett for the amazing new take on the album art!”

The “13 Winters” artbook is limited to 3.000 copies worldwide and also features liner notes by Nick Shilton (PROG). Presales are available now: https://frost-band.lnk.to/13Winters

Check out a trailer for this massive set here:
https://youtu.be/XxCVTMknDYQ

In addition to the limited physical edition, all discs included in this set will be available digitally on November 20th, 2020 as well!

A new album by FROST* is expected to be released in Spring 2021!

FROST* - 13 Winters
Disc 1 - Milliontown (2006) Remaster 2020
1. Hyperventilate (Remaster 2020)
2. No Me No You (Remaster 2020)
3. Snowman (Remaster 2020)
4. Black Light Machine (Remaster 2020)
5. The Other Me (Remaster 2020)
6. Milliontown (Remaster 2020)

Disc 2 - Experiments In Mass Appeal (2008) Remix/Remaster 2020
1. Experiments In Mass Appeal (Remix/Remaster 2020)
2. Welcome To Nowhere (Remix/Remaster 2020)
3. Pocket Sun (Remix/Remaster 2020)
4. Saline (Remix/Remaster 2020)
5. Dear Dead Days (Remix/Remaster 2020)
6. Falling Down (Remix/Remaster 2020)
7. You/I (Remix/Remaster 2020)
8. Toys (Remix/Remaster 2020)
9. Wonderland (Remix/Remaster 2020)
10. The Secret Song (Remix/Remaster 2020)

Disc 3 - Falling Satellites (2016) Remaster 2020
1. First Day (Remaster 2020)
2. Numbers (Remaster 2020)
3. Towerblock (Remaster 2020)
4. Signs (Remaster 2020)
5. Lights Out (Remaster 2020)
6. Heartstrings (Remaster 2020)
7. Closer To The Sun (Remaster 2020)
8. The Raging Against The Dying Of The Light Blues In 7/8 (Remaster 2020)
9. Nice Day For It (Remaster 2020)
10. Hypoventilate (Remaster 2020)
11. Last Day (Remaster 2020)

Disc 4 - Falling Satellites - Instrumentals (2016) Remaster 2020
1. First Day (Instrumental/Remaster 2020)
2. Numbers (Instrumental/Remaster 2020)
3. Towerblock (Instrumental/Remaster 2020)
4. Signs (Instrumental/Remaster 2020)
5. Lights Out (Instrumental/Remaster 2020)
6. Heartstrings (Instrumental/Remaster 2020)
7. Closer To The Sun (Instrumental/Remaster 2020)
8. The Raging Against The Dying Of The Light Blues in 7/8 (Instrumental/Remaster 2020)
9. Nice Day For It… (Instrumental/Remaster 2020)
10. Hypoventilate (Instrumental/Remaster 2020)
11. Last Day (Instrumental/Remaster 2020)

Disc 5 - Falling Satellive - Live 2017
1. Numbers (Live at Dingwalls, London, 24th November 2017)
2. Towerblock (Live at Dingwalls, London, 24th November 2017)
3. Signs (Live at Dingwalls, London, 24th November 2017)
4. Lights Out (Live at Dingwalls, London, 24th November 2017)
5. Heartstrings (Live at Dingwalls, London, 24th November 2017)
6. Closer To The Sun (Live at Dingwalls, London, 24th November 2017)
7. The Raging Against The Dying Of The Light Blues In 7/8 (Live at Dingwalls, London, 24th November 2017)
8. Nice Day For It… (Live at Dingwalls, London, 24th November 2017)
9. Hypoventilate (Live at Dingwalls, London, 24th November 2017)
10. Last Day (Live at Dingwalls, London, 24th November 2017)

Disc 6 - Others - EP
1. Fathers
2. Clouda
3. Exhibit A
4. Fathom
5. Eat
6. Drown

Disc 7 - The Philadelphia Experiment - Live 2009
1. Intro (Live at The Keswick Theatre, Glenside, 2nd May 2009)
2. Hyperventilate (Live at The Keswick Theatre, Glenside, 2nd May 2009)
3. Wonderland (Live at The Keswick Theatre, Glenside, 2nd May 2009)
4. Black Light Machine (Live at The Keswick Theatre, Glenside, 2nd May 2009)
5. Snowman (Live at The Keswick Theatre, Glenside, 2nd May 2009)
6. Saline (Live at The Keswick Theatre, Glenside, 2nd May 2009)
7. Milliontown (Live at The Keswick Theatre, Glenside, 2nd May 2009)
8. The Other Me (Live at The Keswick Theatre, Glenside, 2nd May 2009)

Disc 8 - This And That – B-Sides And Rarities
1. The Dividing Line
2. Lantern
3. British Wintertime
4. The Forget You Song
5. Numbers (Day 1 Demo)
6. Towerblock (Day 1 Demo)
7. Heartstrings (Demo)
8. Closer To The Sun (Demo)
9. The Raging Against The Dying Of The Light In 7/8 (Day 1 Demo)
10. Last Day (Demo)
11. Hyperventilate Hypoventilate Paulstretch Test

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2020, 07:21:48 AM »
Pre-ordered. I just got this for The Philadelphia Edperiment., Missed my chance at getting it.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD