Author Topic: Incubus  (Read 7728 times)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Re: Incubus
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2024, 03:58:35 PM »
 :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2024, 05:40:52 PM »
They released the new re-recorded version of Echo.... not a fan.  I don't like the sound of this at all.  Adding the new bassists vocals to the chorus is OK, but just doesn't feel right.  The new outro is cool, that's how they did it live last year.

I agree, Brandon's vocals are also pretty weak on the new version. I'm still debating on whether or not I'll go to Florida to see morning view. Incubus one of my favorite bands of all times but when it comes to live they are the definition of hit or miss.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2024, 08:52:32 PM »
This is the first Incubus tour I'd have been interested in seeing in close to two decades. But alas, no Minneapolis date.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2024, 06:47:55 AM »
Bump. Incubus just dropped Circles off the Morning View re-record: https://open.spotify.com/track/18GFHVWGCED0TCARMkHUr8?si=c793770c3e9a4b95

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2024, 09:18:59 AM »
Bump. Incubus just dropped Circles off the Morning View re-record: https://open.spotify.com/track/18GFHVWGCED0TCARMkHUr8?si=c793770c3e9a4b95
First thought is it sounds like crap. The production is so brickwalled. No dynamics. Way to ruin a classic album.

Also Brandon's vocals do not sound good anymore.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2024, 09:30:02 AM »
I really wish they had just done the ninth album. This rerecord is really showing how weak Brandon's voice has gotten compared to how it was in 2001.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2024, 11:53:50 AM »
I really wish they had just done the ninth album. This rerecord is really showing how weak Brandon's voice has gotten compared to how it was in 2001.

They stated that the re-record was to gain control of their album similar to what Taylor Swift has done with her taylor's version albums, unfortunately I don't see anyone reaching for this re-record of Morning View

They said that they've been working on a new album already.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2024, 05:06:23 PM »
I probably couldn't care any less about this re-recording based on these two songs.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2024, 06:42:26 PM »
I probably couldn't care any less about this re-recording based on these two songs.

I didn't care much to begin with and these recordings just make it worse. WTF are they doing.

They stated that the re-record was to gain control of their album similar to what Taylor Swift has done with her taylor's version albums, unfortunately I don't see anyone reaching for this re-record of Morning View

They are sacrificing pride and dignity for that.  I know it's not the first time a band will have tried to do such a thing.  I don't know about Taylor Swift, but I can relate to Catch 22 / Streetlight Manifesto doing this, and it doesn't work.  It's just too hard to replace an original classic that everyone's fallen in love with for many years at this point.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2024, 07:56:44 PM »
I read a comment somewhere (reddit I think), that I kind of agree with, is that they should've done a re-issue of morning view with an additional disc of the live version of the album they played in 2021, however that won't get them rights to their masters. 

I flip-flop on these re-recordings. On one hand I think it's cool when a band reimagines their previous work in interesting ways but this isn't that, it feels lazier. The band has been aimless for the better part of a decade now and I don't have high hopes for whatever new tunes they bring out.