Author Topic: The Flight Attendant  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
The Flight Attendant
« on: December 31, 2020, 06:21:11 AM »
Because we signed up for a month of HBO/Max to watch WW84, we decided to see what else was available on the service.

We spent the every night this week watching The Flight Attendant and really, really enjoyed it! I've always thought that Kaley Cuoco is greatly underappreciated as a comedic actress, but I had no idea that she's simply great overall. This show is very difficult to describe. Intense is about the best I can come up with. There are some genuine belly laughs, but also some gut wrenchingly serious scenes too. Quite the unique concept for a murder mystery. Zosia Mamet was fantastic too.

Good stuff, and I understand it's been green lit for a second season.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline pg1067

Re: The Flight Attendant
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 07:10:53 PM »
I posted the following in the "What TV Shows Are You Watching" thread a couple days ago:

My wife shelled out for HBO Max so we could watch WW84, so I started watching The Flight Attendant with Kaley Cuoco.  It's a mini-series (8 episodes of 40+ minutes), although I guess that term has fallen out of vogue.

The most surprising thing is that I don't feel like I'm watching Penny from Big Bang Theory.  Cuoco plays an alcoholic flight attendant who fucks a passenger in a hotel in Bangkok.  She wakes up the next morning next to the guy's dead body and has no memory of what happened (this is all in the first 10-15 minutes of the first episode).  What follows is the unraveling of what happened.

It's a pretty good little mystery that reminds me a bit of the first few John Grisham movies back in the 90s.

I haven't yet finished episode 8 yet, so I'll probably find out tonight if/how it all unravels, but I'm interested to hear that there's going to be a second season.  I think your description is spot on for what I've seen so far.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 06:14:50 AM »
I posted the following in the "What TV Shows Are You Watching" thread a couple days ago:

PG, I actually looked for that thread and bombed out.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 09:53:40 PM »
I watched the 8th episode last night.  The ending seemed to be a bit too neat and tidy, but they did leave a few things open.  All and all, a pretty good series that I'd recommend to anyone looking for a fun, not too heavy mystery.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 09:53:58 AM »
Season 2 coming later this month!  Apparently it'll be on TBS instead of HBO Max.  Apparently, Sharon Stone will be playing Kaley Cuoco's character's mother.

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 01:50:01 PM »
So, has anybody watched season 2? I really enjoyed season 1 but I couldn't make past the first episode, maybe it was me, but something felt a little off about the first episode of season 2, it didn't grabbed me.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 01:57:08 PM »
I was going to watch it when I traveled last week, but there was a glitch that prevented me from downloading episodes.  I've heard others say it's not as good as s1.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023, 02:36:59 PM »
It's more of the same as S1. I enjoyed it, but some of the plot lines just seem ridiculous to me. Plus, the last episode feels completely unnecessary and out of place. But as I said, overall it was enjoyable.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk