Author Topic: Charlie Sheen: I'm Sick of Sitting Around and Pretending my Life Isn't Perfect.  (Read 32826 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
I retract my former statements.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

Also, from a psychological point of view, it's semi-possible that he isn't on drugs, but instead simply in a very manic state.

But it's probably drugs.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
Drugs or not, douchebag or not, that interview on Good Morning America today was hysterical.  He's got charisma at the very least  :lol
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Passion.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
I want a shirt with Sheen's face on it, and below it says "We're high priest Vatican assassin warlocks".

I'd wear that shirt until it fell apart.

Also, thanks for the link GuitarCosmo.  WINNING!

Online Adami

Did you make that yourself? If so, you should change the caption to "I'm an F-18 bro!"

That would be funny. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
 What is sooooo damn sad is this guy is so far gone delusional, that we'll all be talking about his death reeeeaaall soon I'm sure. He needs some major help.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I think he is definitely a bit off of his rocker, but part of this is total shtick.  In one of those interviews, at one point he gave a sly little grin that was almost his way of saying, "I am going over the top with this, just for fun."

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
I think he is definitely a bit off of his rocker, but part of this is total shtick.  In one of those interviews, at one point he gave a sly little grin that was almost his way of saying, "I am going over the top with this, just for fun."

I don't understand why people are spinning this away from "Charlie Sheen is a crazy person."  You have to be really mentally unbalanced for this to be your shtick.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Or maybe he's just a great actor.

OKAY, you're probably right.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
Wait, Two and a Half Men got cancelled?

Where's that one smiley thats cheering and throws his fist in the air or something?

:victorydance:
That's the one. :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Not really spinning anything.  I just think part of it has to be shtick.

And LOL at anyone who is happy at the show (or any show) being cancelled.  Here's a new idea: if you don't like the show, don't freaking watch it.  I am not even that big a fan of it, but who cares if millions love it?

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Sometimes popular shows that people keep watching because it used to be funny keep other, better shows from getting ratings. From what I've seen The Big Bang Theory is alright but it can pretty much coast now and it sucks ratings from a show like Community which way smarter and better of a show.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
So far folks.  They only canceled the rest of this season.  But the way Charlie is talking, it doesn't sound good.

And for you Kings X lovers,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfGelm7FhY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfGelm7FhY0

We both have good taste.  Winning!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
A whole page of lolcats with Charlie Sheen quotes:

https://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/cats-quote-charlie-sheen/

WINNING!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
A whole page of lolcats with Charlie Sheen quotes:

https://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/cats-quote-charlie-sheen/

WINNING!

I am postingthis page on FB for my friends.  Thank you!!! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
Sometimes popular shows that people keep watching because it used to be funny keep other, better shows from getting ratings. From what I've seen The Big Bang Theory is alright but it can pretty much coast now and it sucks ratings from a show like Community which way smarter and better of a show.

You think it's better.  I think it's better.  But what cosmic force says Community should be on instead of Two and a Half Men?  There is none.  Two and a Half Men makes more money and has more viewers.  That's why shows get made.  If Two and a Half Men didn't get ratings or make money, I'd understand what you're saying more.  Plus, think about the cast and crew who have reliable income because of the show.  Why do they deserve to suffer?
Over and over again

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
"people can’t figure me out; they can’t process me. I don’t expect them to. You can’t process me with a normal brain."

https://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41824830/ns/today-entertainment/
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
"people can’t figure me out; they can’t process me. I don’t expect them to. You can’t process me with a normal brain."

https://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41824830/ns/today-entertainment/

As entertaining as Sheen is, and as much as I hate to be over-dramatic, TempusVox is right.  This is the kind of insanity that goes along with a life-threatening mentality.  Maybe he won't die... now, but I can't imagine the self-destructive behaviors he'd indulge in given his current state of mind.
Over and over again

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
He made a point in an interview I saw last night.  His character on Two and a Half Men is a womanizing alcohol guzzler that was constantly banging different chicks all the time.  A character that people seemed to enjoy.  Then when he plays that character in real life, he gets shit for it.

Offline Xanthul

He made a point in an interview I saw last night.  His character on Two and a Half Men is a womanizing alcohol guzzler that was constantly banging different chicks all the time.  A character that people seemed to enjoy.  Then when he plays that character in real life, he gets shit for it.

I enjoy a lot of fictional characters that I wouldn't want to meet in real life.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
The point is why is it okay to glamorize that sort of lifestyle in a TV character when we wouldn't condone it in real life?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Two big differences:

1. The TV character doesn't do dangerous, illegal drugs all of the time.
2. The TV character doesn't have a history of violence against women.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Cocain and violence aside, if Charlie Sheen was a total alcoholic and banging a different chick every other day, people would insist he needed an intervention.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
I'm calling an OD in the next 5 years.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
There's no doubt, the man's crazy.

But hey, at least he enjoys it.  :biggrin:
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
Since not everybody posts in P&R, I thought I would repost this here:

"Charlie Sheen v Muammar Gaddafi: whose line is it anyway?"

https://www.guardian.co.uk/world/quiz/2011/mar/01/muammar-gaddafi-charlie-sheen-quiz

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Pete Doherty.  Amy Winehouse.  Scott Weiland.  Robert Downey Jr.  Hunter Thompson.  Keith Richards.

These people were all far more out of control than Sheen at some point in their lives.  Four of them were on my yearly deathlist at one point or another.  All of them seem to have come out of it OK or lived long and productive lives.  Charlie Sheen might drop dead in 18 minutes, but he might keep up this pace for another couple of years and then decide to mellow out.  There's risk in everything you do, and while he might be pushing the odds a bit more than we do just driving to work, there's still a perfectly reasonable chance that he comes out of this just fine.  He's certainly pushing the envelope, but he seems to be enjoying life.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
The point is why is it okay to glamorize that sort of lifestyle in a TV character when we wouldn't condone it in real life?

Why is Cartman on all of these South Park t-shirts when he idolizes Hitler and made a kid eat his parents in a bowl of chili?  Sane people know the difference between reality and fiction, and if they enjoy Charlie and Cartman's antics on the screen then people will write for them.  Its fine in fiction till it gets into real life. 

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
I was worried about Charlie, but then he proclaimed "He has Tiger blood in him"... so that solves it.
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain

Why is Cartman on all of these South Park t-shirts when he idolizes Hitler and made a kid eat his parents in a bowl of chili?  Sane people know the difference between reality and fiction, and if they enjoy Charlie and Cartman's antics on the screen then people will write for them.  Its fine in fiction till it gets into real life.  

Cartman's a terrible example of what you're trying to say.  The show makes no attempt to glamorize what Cartman does.  In the commentaries Parker and Stone openly refer to him as a retard and a shithead.  Cartman's funny and enjoyable to watch, but it's not an attempt to associate what makes him entertaining, relatable, and at times sympathetic as a character with the terrible things he does.
Over and over again

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings

Anyone who glamorizes a TV character from Two and a Half Men probably has bigger mental issues than Charlie Sheen himself.