Author Topic: Where is Heaven?  (Read 8868 times)

Offline contest_sanity

Re: Where is Heaven?
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2011, 04:08:45 PM »
From a Christian perspective, I would argue that more important than the "location" of heaven is the fact of the new heaven and the new earth in God's restoration of all things:

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “See, the home of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them as their God" (Revelation 21:1-3, NRSV).

That is to say, our ultimate communion with God will indeed be physical; this is a crucial aspect of why Jesus was resurrected that is often overlooked.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »
I tried reading Revelation once, but kinda lost it at 4:8.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2011, 08:45:36 PM »
I tried reading Octavarium once, but kinda lost it at 5:8.

Fixed.

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2011, 05:26:03 AM »
I tried reading Revelation once, but kinda lost it at 4:8.

rumborak

It's great isn't it. What I find funny about all of it is that, for the most part, over the years the talking magical beasts are left out of the bible. All throughout the bible it's mostly morally messed up stuff; they go all out in Revelation.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2011, 01:09:07 PM »
The four beasts show up in Ezekiel.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »
I don't think it's particularly surprising that the author of Revelations (whoever he was) was familiar with Ezekiel.
Doesn't change the fact that they could use Revelations for one of those "Above the influence" ads.

"Hey John, you coming out tonight? There's live music tonight at the bar."

John: "Argh, I'm seeing beasts with six wings! And there's eyes everywhere! Lord help me!"

"k. Give me a call once you're off that shit. Whatever it was actually."

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2011, 03:11:45 PM »
It's Revelation.

No S.

Ever.

But I  :lol at your "Above The Influence" ad.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2011, 03:32:45 PM »
It's always kind of funny whenever someone says Revelations (even in Christian study groups).

Rumborak spelled it correctly the first time, though, which is interesting.  :lol
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2011, 04:46:03 PM »
It's always kind of funny whenever someone says Revelations (even in Christian study groups).

Rumborak spelled it correctly the first time, though, which is interesting.  :lol
You're right.  I don't know what got into him.