Author Topic: Digimon (Oh the nostalgia)  (Read 12152 times)

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Re: Digimon (Oh the nostalgia)
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2011, 01:52:03 AM »
I'm still amazed by how good Digimon Adventure is, both the first and 02.
First season easily comes down as one of the seasons (in any tv-series) that I've enjoyed the most, and when I re-watched it about a month ago, I recognized almost all of the episodes, and they still have a certain amount of magic today.
02 is really good as well, but I do have a few minor issues with it.
For example, and this is something I quite don't get, though obviously I might have missed something.
But in S1, the time spent in the digital world versus how much time passes in the real world is a huge difference, when Tai leaves the digital world after sending Etemon into the dark network, he's away for like 1 day, but when he comes back, a very long time has passed.
In 02 however, it seems like the kids enter the digital world for an adventure (lets say one episode), but then they're like "we gotta get home before our parents begin to worry", so it seems like the time in the digital world in s2 is more 'the same' like in the real world.  :P

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2011, 04:35:25 AM »
As far as I remember, at the end of Season 1, the difference in how fast the time passed was nullified, and I think it had something to do with the kids defeating the final boss (don't remember its name). So it actually does make sense.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2011, 04:42:13 AM »
Oh, you mean Apocalypmon? (or something like that)
Well then I follow, but it was kinda weird at first.

I do have some other minor issues with 02, first off I thought the identity of the Digimon Emperor was revealed way too early.
It was like EP4 or 5 already and it was obvious who he was, and frankly I thought it would've been better if they would've kept him a secret for a longer period of time.
I also think his transition from being 'evil as hell' to 'good' went a bit fast, it wasn't very believable that he would go from 'lets torture digimons' to 'awh they're real creatures' that fast.
I also feel like Arukenimon is way too weak to be a 'main'-antagonist, seeing as she's almost defeated by the DigiDestined in the episode where they visit the huge house with all the bug-digimon.
The fact that she creates BlackWarGreymon which is superior in every way, makes her seem even weaker in comparison. :P

I also preferred how the kids were stuck in the DigiWorld in Season 1, it's slightly more annoying here when they are traveling back and forth all the time.
Overall I prefer the Digimons and Characters from the first season, and it's great that they all play their parts in 02 as well. :)

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2011, 07:22:53 AM »
As far as I remember, at the end of Season 1, the difference in how fast the time passed was nullified, and I think it had something to do with the kids defeating the final boss (don't remember its name). So it actually does make sense.

Episode 54, from [10:53 - 10:58].

Genai: "Actually, after Apocalymon appeared, the flow of time here and in your world became synchronized."

So there you have it.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2011, 08:05:16 AM »
Cool, must have missed that.  :P

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2011, 05:10:01 AM »
Finished 02, and to be honest I thought the ending was kind of a let down.
There were so many plot-related things that kinda bothered me, and some of them felt pretty lame overall.
For starters, why did they bring Myotismon back?
Sure he was one of the best villains of the first season, but it felt lame how they brought him back for like 2 episodes, and let's not even talk about the way they manage to destroy him. The whole ending scene (the one where they defeat him) felt very American, in the sense of "everyone unite against darkness".
Arukenimon and Mummymon, and specifically the way they died was just a big let down.
Two of the main-villains that had been around for about half of the season, let's kill them in 2 seconds!
Oikawa and his story was kinda weird as well, overall I think it lost a bit charm when suddenly EVERYONE had their own Digimon and the Digital World wasn't so special anymore. :/

02 did have some great things though, characters were still good and I really loved it how the old characters still played a big part of the plot.
The fight between Wargreymon and BlackWarGreymon was one of the most epic scenes during the whole season, and I was actually a bit sad when the latter was destroyed.

Season 1 is still the best them. :P

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2011, 08:27:47 AM »
I think it lost a bit charm when suddenly EVERYONE had their own Digimon and the Digital World wasn't so special anymore. :/

Season 1 is still the best them. :P

That's pretty much it.