Author Topic: MYRATH thread  (Read 14945 times)

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
Re: MYRATH thread
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2017, 08:50:19 AM »
Just bought Hope, Tales of the Sands and Legacy.  I've been bored with the music I've been listening to over the past few months and felt like looking into a different progressive metal band to listen to.  I've heard of Myrath, but never really checked them out before...that was a mistake.

I'm completely blown away - I love finding bands that inject a little originality or something different into their sound.  And Zaher is an awesome singer as well!

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2017, 08:56:28 AM »
You're still missing their best album, Desert Call. I'd definitely recommend it.

I found Legacy to be little boring, but it was still solid. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood, I should give it another chance.

Their first three albums are where it's at for me, with Desert Call being the clear standout.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2017, 09:42:05 AM »
I got into them after seeing them live with Symphony X last year. Stunning live band. I don't have their first two albums yet, but TOTS and Legacy are both nothing short of incredible.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2017, 09:45:30 AM »
You're still missing their best album, Desert Call. I'd definitely recommend it.

I found Legacy to be little boring, but it was still solid. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood, I should give it another chance.

Their first three albums are where it's at for me, with Desert Call being the clear standout.

I was the same with Legacy - found it straight forward and poppy - sort of a Within Temptation sound. On further plays I came to love it.
I love the intro. If anyone can recommend some music in a similar vein to the intro I'd be very happy.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2017, 09:54:17 AM »
Orphaned Land - Building the Ark? It's not entirely the same, but the same type of oriental feel to it at least. Most of their music has harsh vocals though, so I doubt you'd like their 'regular' songs.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2017, 10:03:38 AM »
Orphaned Land - Building the Ark? It's not entirely the same, but the same type of oriental feel to it at least. Most of their music has harsh vocals though, so I doubt you'd like their 'regular' songs.

I have tried them and enjoyed Mabool a lot. I was meaning more the oriental instrumental

Offline krands85

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2017, 01:11:21 PM »
Many of you may already know by now, but we are thrilled to confirm, YES! Myrath is in the process of recording the new album, and the title and release date will be announced very soon!

Malek has just finished casting his guitar magic, and Morgan will start recording drums today!

We can hardly contain our excitement about the final result! It will blow your minds !!! But until then we'll keep you updated with pics and videos along the way!

Stay tuned for a truly magical musical experience, and as always, believe and carry on!

:metal
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2017, 07:18:17 PM »
Cool... I bought their discog at PPUSA LAST YEAR.  Wasn't able to go and see them this year sadly.  Great band/music.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lethean

« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2017, 07:43:46 PM »
Myrath is an incredible live band.  I saw them at ProgPower USA a few years ago, and they came out and took everyone by surprise.  This year they were probably even better; they had the biggest crowd of the festival as well.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2017, 11:56:28 AM »
Doesn't seem that long since the last one, but I love this band.

Offline Dellers

• Funky Norwegian!
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2019, 05:47:16 AM »
Shehili is out today. Luckily received my Japanese copy in the morning, and it really is a great record. No tracks I'd like to skip yet again, which says something. One of the few bands that IMO doesn't have any filler tracks (even if some tracks are better than others). It definitely isn't a minimalistic record, which I like. Catchy as hell, they know how to write melodies and riffs. The band may not be as proggy as in the beginning, but it really is an experience to listen through the album nonetheless. So many nice details to discover. Another thing I noticed is the use of slap bass on several of the songs, which is cool considering the genre. No overuse, but it really adds a little nice flavor here and there.
https://soundcloud.com/dellers2/jpxi-o
Religious faith can only exist when there is no God, otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to believe.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2019, 03:08:23 PM »
Had my first listen. First impressions are it’s very good. One of my favourite bands.

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2019, 04:22:55 PM »
Had a spin today, nice but didn't really grab me so far.

Relistened to Hope for the first time in years. Reminded me how much I prefer old Myrath.
Why did they have to turn into Power Metal :'(

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2019, 09:45:25 AM »
One of my favorite "new" bands, I discovered them last year. I completed my first listen of the album, so far sounds great! I really enjoyed every song, although I still cannot set them apart. My only favorite so far: Lili Twil.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2019, 01:43:58 PM »
Sampled on Spotify.
Instant purchase 4 songs in.
Love it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2019, 06:27:20 PM »
I listened to the new one a few days ago and tbh I like it a lot more than the last one. Not as good as Tales of the Sands but I feel they're much more comfortable with the newer "poppier" conservative sound they have. Percussion and vocals were the highlights. There are some wicked drum/percussion parts and the vocal melodies are, for the most part, fantastic.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2019, 04:50:59 AM »
What an awesome album.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2019, 05:04:40 AM »
Feels very much in the same vein as Legacy, which I loved. Great stuff.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2019, 12:21:48 PM »
Up there for AOTY already. I don’t count DoT as it’s DT and an instant win.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2020, 09:29:23 AM »
So they filmed a show from the Sheheli tour in Carthage - it was originally included with some European magazine, but now it has an official live CD/DVD release.

The DVD is absolutely fantastic.  I've only watched it once, but it's an incredible performance, venue, and they have a a belly dancer as well.   :heart  Definitely recommended for anyone that enjoys this band!

Dance:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ9MrrkTqJ8

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2020, 01:43:27 PM »
I’ve had this a while from the website. Excellent show.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2020, 02:09:31 PM »
Nice! That is something I completely missed, those clips look and sound good!

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2020, 03:53:55 PM »
I agree! Those clips look and sound awesome! I really like this band, along with Orphaned Land, they fill my need for middle eastern-sounding music.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2023, 09:12:51 AM »
Myrath new album Karma, slated by Feb 2, 2024 is available for review.