Dream Theater > Dream Theater

Compilation for an Old Soul

(1/6) > >>

dvargas:
Hey I'm reaching out to the community to help me set up a 3 CD DT compilation for my cousin. He is the one that got me into listening to rock when all of my classmates were listening to children stuff - I was 7 in 1987 and purchased Appetite for Destruction thanks to him.

So my cousin is over 40. He grew up (and still does - to a certain extent) listening to Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, a little bit of Iron Maiden and such. He has however gotten a lot more mellow with the years.

He knows that I'm into DT (been a fan since 96) and has never gotten to really sit and listen to it. We live in different continents (he's in South America , I'm in the US), so I can't put him through a session with me.

I don't wanna drag here.

I want to send him a good compilation on CDs (so he can play in his car). The only limitation is that he doesn't like when things get too heavy ( he calls it turning the chainsaw ON).  So songs like Panic Attack are off limits -- for now.

I want to let him know that the community helped on this one.

The ones that I will add on my behalf are Octavarium, The Count of Tuscany and A mind beside itself.

Other than that I'm open to suggestions!!

DarkLord_Lalinc:
Put Blind Faith somewhere in your list. It will work.  :tup

dvargas:
I love Blind Faith... specially that guitar riff after the solo (5:43).

Lotion:
-Metropolis Pt.1
-The Spirit Carries On
-A Change of Seasons (if some of those riffs aint too heavy for him)
-Innocence Faded

I'd put those on if it's a guy who appreciate progressive music without chainsaw.

DarkLord_Lalinc:
Strange Deja Vu also isn't a bad idea. That was the first DT song I truly loved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version