Dream Theater > Dream Theater

Score question

(1/3) > >>

andreas_adelek:
well, i have a question  :biggrin:
did JP do reamping or something on score. I noticed that he is not playing some parts on Under a Glass Moon but you can hear them. Did he like play the whole thing again just to record or what?

There is probably a topic about this but im lazy so bare with me mods :)

sorry for bad english  :biggrin:

SeventhSon:
I don't know for sure, but it's probably a pre-recorded back track. Since there's only one guitar player in the band, some parts can't be played, so they're either omitted or played on a backing track.

JayOctavarium:
A camera man stepped on a cable, killing his rig for a chunk of the song. that little bit was overdubbed in the studio to keep it flowing. nothing major

JayOctavarium:
unless its a different section... then it may be rudess playing it with his other hand

Perpetual Change:

--- Quote from: JayOctavarium on February 10, 2011, 06:02:17 PM ---A camera man stepped on a cable, killing his rig for a chunk of the song. that little bit was overdubbed in the studio to keep it flowing. nothing major

--- End quote ---

This.

--- Quote from: SeventhSon on February 10, 2011, 06:01:12 PM ---I don't know for sure, but it's probably a pre-recorded back track. Since there's only one guitar player in the band, some parts can't be played, so they're either omitted or played on a backing track.

--- End quote ---

Definitely not this. Dream Theater don't overdub like that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version