Author Topic: The official Redemption thread v. I Am the Storm - March 17th 2023  (Read 142180 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Just as we were talking about lack of updates, here's some Redemption news:

http://bravewords.com/news/redemption-signs-with-afm-records

:lol yup just as we were talking about it

Progressive metal act, Redemption, has signed a deal with AFM Records, beginning with the release of its live album Alive in Color (as CD/BluRay or CD/DVD), recorded during Redemption’s headlining appearance at the ProgPower USA festival, as well as the forthcoming eigth studio album in the near future.

:metal

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Cool. Hopefully the Bluray is done and a released date will be announced soon.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Yeah, now that they have the support of a label, I hope this will finally get completed.

Again, my beef isn't as much about the time, it's the lack of updates.  I mean, how hard would it have been to just float a monthly message - hell, even something a few weeks ago hinting at some very big news coming shortly.  I mean, it's not like they (band and label) just connected and negotiated this deal last weekend.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ben_Jamin

Yeah, now that they have the support of a label, I hope this will finally get completed.

Again, my beef isn't as much about the time, it's the lack of updates.  I mean, how hard would it have been to just float a monthly message - hell, even something a few weeks ago hinting at some very big news coming shortly.  I mean, it's not like they (band and label) just connected and negotiated this deal last weekend.

Nick likely couldn't say anything either. Could be he didn't really know either whether it was a final deal yet.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human

For some reason, I'm legitimately surprised by the label announcement. Didn't they sign on to Metal Blade Records just a few years ago? :lol

Still, good news is good news! :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Nick likely couldn't say anything either. Could be he didn't really know either whether it was a final deal yet.

True.  It might have been in discussions for a bit too ironing out specifics which would have resulted in lack of updates.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Seen in my FB feed from AFM:

Redemption to release "Alive In Color" BluRay/2CD and DVD/2CD sets on August 28th!

Co-headlining the ProgPower USA festival, Redemption's "Alive In Color" captures the perfect musicianship of all members in the band, making this concert a real treat for fans of Progressive Metal!

I commented in that at least we're getting updates from the label, since those of us the funded thru Kickstarter haven't heard jack since the end of Jan.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Sweet, we got a release date.   :metal

Offline Ben_Jamin

Perfect early birthday present for me. Even better cause I was there.

Offline goo-goo

Seen in my FB feed from AFM:

Redemption to release "Alive In Color" BluRay/2CD and DVD/2CD sets on August 28th!

Co-headlining the ProgPower USA festival, Redemption's "Alive In Color" captures the perfect musicianship of all members in the band, making this concert a real treat for fans of Progressive Metal!

I commented in that at least we're getting updates from the label, since those of us the funded thru Kickstarter haven't heard jack since the end of Jan.

IIRC, for the last Kickstarter, what Nick did was arrange all shipping through LaserCD.com. We would only pay shipping cost and the product would be shipped. But the distribution wasn't handled by Nick. Maybe AFM will handle shipping and distribution as well.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Good news.

Offline Ben_Jamin

That's only for Europe though. I don't want to place an order for something that I might not end up getting until way later.

Offline Ben_Jamin

Check out the first video from our upcoming live BluRay "Alive in Color," "Indulge in Color" feat. Chris Poland on lead guitar!

The L.A. based progressive metal heroes Redemption, based in Los Angeles, is one of the leading progressive metal bands in the world today. Today they allow you to take a first glimpse on the upcoming BluRay/2-CD and DVD/2-CD Digipak-sets “Alive in Color” (to be released August 28th, 2020). Enjoy this fantastic live version of “Indulge In Color” recorded at ProgPower USA 2018, topped off by the beautiful performance of Chris Poland (ex-Megadeth) on guitar.
The stunning live performance and this great musicianship has been caught on tape with multiple cameras under the direction of Patric Ullaeus (known for his videos for Evergrey, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Amaranthe and others).

Get your copy & listen to the single here: https://fanlink.to/RedemptionAliveInColor

https://youtu.be/N4v4IuRJIVY

Gonna watch now...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :metal :metal :metal like the sound of this live album

Offline Ben_Jamin

Remember how they recorded the other night. I think some of his vocals were taken from that night.  :biggrin:

I haven't looked to see if I can find myself.

I agree too, it sounds nice and fantastic. Brought me back to being there.

Also, I can't figure out where to order this from.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Great video.  Very much looking forward to this.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Remember how they recorded the other night. I think some of his vocals were taken from that night.  :biggrin:

Yea, I believe they recorded and performed the show t an empty Center Stage the morning of the concert, if I recall.  I'm sure there's a mix of audio from both to make this come out crisp (and maybe some post production).  Either way, it had a nice sound to it and video was clear.  Looking forward to getting my copy. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

Yea, I believe they recorded and performed the show t an empty Center Stage the morning of the concert, if I recall.  I'm sure there's a mix of audio from both to make this come out crisp (and maybe some post production).  Either way, it had a nice sound to it and video was clear.  Looking forward to getting my copy.

I noticed it right away, with the way Chris Poland's guitar sounds. But, I still enjoyed it.

Also, where did you buy it from? Each link takes me to a European site.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Holy shit, Tom Englund's stage presence is as lifeless as his vocals.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity

I remember watching videos last year and cutting him a lot of slack.  He's a guitar player and a singer in Evergrey and can hide behind the guitar and mic stand there, but he doesn't have those in Redemption.  I think that was one of the first times that he fronted a band for a full performance with only a microphone, so it may have been a bit foreign to him.

Not a big deal to me, but it definitely is noticeable. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I didn't realize he also played guitar in Evergrey.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lethean

Yeah, and I think he's got a great presence with Evergrey.  Reconfirmed after watching the live stream today.  With Redemption he just seemed a little lost.  Like Grappler, I cut him slack there.  It was night and day though when Ray Alder came out for a song.

As far as Tom's vocals - I love his voice with Evergrey.  With Redemption, he just sounds so bland.  I know they don't want to sound like Evergrey but they're not going to.  The songs are different, the players are different.  I hope Tom just lets loose if he does another album with them.

I did buy this though, and I hope some of the other songs come off better.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I didn't realize he also played guitar in Evergrey.

Amazing lead guitarist.  The solo on A Touch of Blessing is Tom.  I know you didn't mind that one as the solo gave you Shenker vibes.  All Tom that solo.

Was disappointed he didn't join in the shred fest on Long Night.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Check A Night to Remember DVD.  Completely different and much more dominating stage presence with his guitar.  He definitely feels vulnerable here it seems.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Tom was fabulous when I saw Evergrey live. There were like 100 people in the venue and he still gave it all during the gig. This video definitely doesn't do him justice.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

First time performing with a the band, he had the lyrics in front of him on an ipad it seems.  I'll cut him some slack for that and knowing that he is in much more control in his own band as the front man so I don't think it's a him thing, but a situational thing.

I contributed to the kickstarted before the festival that year.  So I should be getting a signed blu-ray. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

First time performing with a the band, he had the lyrics in front of him on an ipad it seems.  I'll cut him some slack for that and knowing that he is in much more control in his own band as the front man so I don't think it's a him thing, but a situational thing.

I contributed to the kickstarted before the festival that year.  So I should be getting a signed blu-ray.

Damn, looks like I have to wait until they have a US shop available. Or just give in and buy from the Overseas shop and not get it until the restrictions are lifted.

Offline Ben_Jamin

Had to wait 2 more weeks.

Finally, they put up a US store link. Ordered right away as I saw it. You can use the same link, the US store is Laser CD.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

Finally, they put up a US store link. Ordered right away as I saw it. You can use the same link, the US store is Laser CD.

Link?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline goo-goo

Link?

https://www.lasercd.com/search_results?fulltext=Redemption%20preorder

Offline Ben_Jamin

Link?

My bad. Forgot to say you can use the link that's been posted. The store is just added to that link.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
Received my advance of the new live album (audio) on Friday as a download. I have to say, I'm just a few songs in, but I am enjoying it a lot. I don't want to comment about the way it "sounds" per se, since this mp3 and on my laptop. But the band is full of energy and so far, I'm really impressed. I wasn't sold  on Tom Englund taking over for Ray. I tried many times to get into Evergrey, but Tom's voice and I didn't connect how I wished we would. I tried the Redemption album with him as well...didn't really do it for me. But this live set is making me think hard about going back and revisiting. I'm really digging it. Great job by all involved.  :metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline abydos

• DT.net
Walls sounds really good with Tom too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQNLgAY74yU

Samsara, if you haven't checked out Evergrey's latest album, it's probably one of their best so that would be a good place to start if you consider revisiting them.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd still say to check out Hymns for the Broken as I think it's the best modern Evergrey album. The new one is solid though.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hymns is definitely the best later period Evergrey.  Recreation Day the best of the old stuff very cl loosely followed by In Search of Truth.

The Atlantic was a grower for me but very very good.