Author Topic: The official Redemption thread v. I Am the Storm - March 17th 2023  (Read 143488 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Yea, it's a highlight of the album for me.  So well done and a good change of pace song for the album.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
There is definitely something about it, can't believe I'm saying because I love Ray so much, it may be my favorite of their albums.

Yeah, I kind of feel that way too.  It's such a great album.  But I LOVE Ray's work on Snowfall.  Hard to say which is my favorite.  Thankfully, I don't have to choose one over the other.  I'll just enjoy both!  :D

BTW anyone else love their rendition of New Year's Day as much as I do? The fact I'm unfamiliar with U2 probably helps a bit :lol

Yeah, it's a great cover.  I LOVE the original.  But I might just like this cover even more.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline T-ski

I can't stop listening to Redemption lately.  They are definitely one of my favorite bands.  The debut album is underrated, I totally love it.  Basically all day today at work I pretty much had the songs "As I Lay Dying" and "Something Wicked This Way Comes" on repeat.  Each album of theirs has something completely unique and special about it.   :metal

it's rare to see someone talk about the debut album, kudos to you.  Personally it's a tough spin for me, vox are iffy and the lyrics are way to wordy.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

it's rare to see someone talk about the debut album, kudos to you.  Personally it's a tough spin for me, vox are iffy and the lyrics are way to wordy.

Um..this is NOT a Dream Theater thread.. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ronnibran

:rollin  OMG that's amazing

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Long Night could rival Snowfall as my fav Redemption album, but I don't see it overtaking it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Nachtmerrie

Re: The official Redemption thread v. Long Night's Journey Into Day - July 27th
« Reply #1126 on: September 26, 2019, 01:30:53 PM »
Just found out Origins of Ruin, Snowfall and This Mortal Coil are no longer on Spotify.
Made me wonder if there's any recent news about Redemption. They were scheduled to headline on Progpower Europe but apparently cancelled and I haven't heard the reason.
Let's hope everything is ok with the guys and we don't have too wait too long for a new album or a tour.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1127 on: September 26, 2019, 01:59:15 PM »
Nick was apparently in Atlanta while Evergrey was in for PPUSA.  I did ask Tom about the DVD, and he quickly shouted "Nick" trying to find him to deflect.  :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1128 on: September 26, 2019, 02:05:39 PM »
 :lol

Nick was definitely there - saw him walk up to Tom at the bar at like 1 AM one night.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1129 on: September 26, 2019, 02:11:26 PM »
What were you doing up?  That is WAY past your bedtime.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1130 on: September 26, 2019, 02:17:51 PM »

I was getting jiggy with it. :heybaby:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1131 on: September 26, 2019, 02:28:29 PM »
Just found out Origins of Ruin, Snowfall and This Mortal Coil are no longer on Spotify.
Made me wonder if there's any recent news about Redemption. They were scheduled to headline on Progpower Europe but apparently cancelled and I haven't heard the reason.
Let's hope everything is ok with the guys and we don't have too wait too long for a new album or a tour.

Spotify sometimes puts material that is not officially released by the label. This might be a reason. Other reasons would maybe include that Nuclear Blast bought the Redemption catalog (the Inside Out releases) and are going to release it in some way and then it will make it's way to digital outlets (the Threshold catalog was bought by Nuclear Blast and was re-released afterwards). 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1132 on: September 26, 2019, 02:49:16 PM »

But...I wasn't even there!  :(

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1133 on: September 26, 2019, 03:23:14 PM »

But...I wasn't even there!  :(

I was born to be wild, but the cage was too small. I was regularly getting to bed anywhere between 4 and 8 AM.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1134 on: September 26, 2019, 03:47:51 PM »
Nick was apparently in Atlanta while Evergrey was in for PPUSA.  I did ask Tom about the DVD, and he quickly shouted "Nick" trying to find him to deflect.  :lol

Nick and Tom were chilling at the artmore bar for awhile, I'm pretty sure Nick said the dvd will be out soon

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1135 on: September 26, 2019, 08:28:16 PM »
:soon:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1136 on: January 29, 2020, 06:38:55 PM »
So there was an update today on the live album recorded at Progpower from 2018.  There was a link to a private video of Peace Sells which won't be on the video for the backers of this, and it looks/sounds really good.  They hope for a May release and this is the tracklist for the video:

Intro / Noonday Devil
The Suffocating Silence
The Echo Chamber
Damaged
Someone Else's Problem
Little Men
Long Night's Journey into Day
Threads (featuring Ray Alder)
Black & White World
Indulge in Color (featuring Chris Poland)
Walls

The CD will include Peace Cells (similar to how SOA didn't include some covers in their live video but only on CD due to copyright hurdles) as well as Threads with Tom singing  :metal

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1137 on: January 29, 2020, 06:42:23 PM »
Weird. Haven’t received an email on this update even though I  pledged.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1138 on: January 29, 2020, 07:21:07 PM »

Ninja'd

Just went to the Kickstarter page and saw the videio. Video and audio are pristine. Can't wait to watch it \m/

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1139 on: January 31, 2020, 05:42:59 AM »

Ninja'd

Just went to the Kickstarter page and saw the videio. Video and audio are pristine. Can't wait to watch it \m/

ditto, and ditto.

Offline goo-goo

Revisiting the Redemption discography on shuffle here at work. Man, some great music. But I got to be honest, I do miss Ray on vocals. I absolutely love Tom's voice in Evergrey but i just don't feel him with Redemption. 

Offline emtee

Revisiting the Redemption discography on shuffle here at work. Man, some great music. But I got to be honest, I do miss Ray on vocals. I absolutely love Tom's voice in Evergrey but i just don't feel him with Redemption.

Totally agree. Sometimes I think we're musical brothers. Not the same band without Ray.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I love both vocalists.  I love Tom in Redemption.  Long Night in time might battle Snowfall as my fav Redemption album.

What happened to the DVD? I forgot all about that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
What happened to the DVD? I forgot all about that.

So there was an update today on the live album recorded at Progpower from 2018.  There was a link to a private video of Peace Sells which won't be on the video for the backers of this, and it looks/sounds really good.  They hope for a May release and this is the tracklist for the video:

Intro / Noonday Devil
The Suffocating Silence
The Echo Chamber
Damaged
Someone Else's Problem
Little Men
Long Night's Journey into Day
Threads (featuring Ray Alder)
Black & White World
Indulge in Color (featuring Chris Poland)
Walls

The CD will include Peace Cells (similar to how SOA didn't include some covers in their live video but only on CD due to copyright hurdles) as well as Threads with Tom singing  :metal

no new update I'm aware of since then, I hope we get to see this soon.  Would be a nice treat during all this stay home time we've got

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah no update since then means a May release looks slim.  Fingers crossed.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm getting increasingly annoyed about this DVD.  It's one thing to take 18+ months to produce a DVD that is crowdfunded, but the lack of consistent updates for the "investors" is the bigger issue (for me).  I hadn't contributed to many crowdfunded thing - this kind of behaviour is precisely why, and why I'll most likely never contribute to any crowdfunding in the future ... oh, as well as Pledge going out of business and screwing over so many musicians and fans.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm getting increasingly annoyed about this DVD.  It's one thing to take 18+ months to produce a DVD that is crowdfunded, but the lack of consistent updates for the "investors" is the bigger issue (for me).  I hadn't contributed to many crowdfunded thing - this kind of behaviour is precisely why, and why I'll most likely never contribute to any crowdfunding in the future ... oh, as well as Pledge going out of business and screwing over so many musicians and fans.

Bingo! I would never ever even consider crowdfunding anything.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lethean

I've crowdfunded multiple things.  In some cases I haven't spent any more than I would normally - for example, one of Voyager's albums.  It was like a long pre-order for something I was going to buy anyway and it helped the band out.

For something like this, I kind of expect a long wait on a dvd.  Maybe they should chime in with more updates, but as long as I get what I paid for in the end, I'm good.

Add me to the "I miss Ray" crowd though.  I'm a big fan of Tom, but his vocals with Redemption just seem a bit lifeless.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

I had never done a crowd funding before and my only reason to join in this time was because it was the filming of a concert I was going to attend.  Thought that was really cool and felt I wanted to be apart of it even in a small way.  I totally expected a long time before release, but I do agree with you that there's really been little to no updates that make me wonder if I should have joined in on the crowdfunding or not. 

The video clip we did get was really nice though, so I still have some high hopes we will get a quality release at some point and the patience will pay off.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I've never crowdfunded anything.  I don't like putting my money in something that hasn't been created yet.  If I pay money it's in exchange for something on the spot.

I'm sure Nick is doing his best with the release though.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
I've been listening to a lot of Redemption lately too. The album I gave the most shit to, This Mortal Coil, might actually be my favorite. My opinions mostly still stand, but I'm able to put those aside because the music is so good despite being derivative. I love the guy, but Nick copies himself just as much as Jon Schaffer.

Even though technology has turned all of my blank CDs into coasters, I still try to come up with 80 minute playlists on my phone. My new 2018 car doesn't even have a CD player. That was my jam back in the day. Having no life, I was always making mix and best of CDs of my favorite bands. I got Dream Theater down to 4 CDs. Anyway, it's really hard to make a single disc length CD for Redemption. I was able to get 11 songs with about a minute and a half to spare. Then trying to mix the songs up to flow a little better was equally difficult. Here's what I got:

Damaged
The Death of Faith and Reason
Let it Rain
Release
Transcendence
Black and White World
Indulge in Color
The Origins of Ruin
Dreams from the Pit
Memory
Love Kills Us All/Life in One Day

1:18:52

Of course, not having the restriction of an 80 minute CD, my other playlist is 2:43:38.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
This Mortal Coil rules! :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I've been listening to a lot of Redemption lately too. The album I gave the most shit to, This Mortal Coil, might actually be my favorite. My opinions mostly still stand, but I'm able to put those aside because the music is so good despite being derivative. I love the guy, but Nick copies himself just as much as Jon Schaffer.

Even though technology has turned all of my blank CDs into coasters, I still try to come up with 80 minute playlists on my phone. My new 2018 car doesn't even have a CD player. That was my jam back in the day. Having no life, I was always making mix and best of CDs of my favorite bands. I got Dream Theater down to 4 CDs. Anyway, it's really hard to make a single disc length CD for Redemption. I was able to get 11 songs with about a minute and a half to spare. Then trying to mix the songs up to flow a little better was equally difficult. Here's what I got:

Damaged
The Death of Faith and Reason
Let it Rain
Release
Transcendence
Black and White World
Indulge in Color
The Origins of Ruin
Dreams from the Pit
Memory
Love Kills Us All/Life in One Day

1:18:52

Of course, not having the restriction of an 80 minute CD, my other playlist is 2:43:38.

Interesting playlist.  Showing the strength of the band, I probably wouldn't have many of those songs on mine, probably just a couple.

Offline goo-goo

Just as we were talking about lack of updates, here's some Redemption news:

http://bravewords.com/news/redemption-signs-with-afm-records

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just as we were talking about lack of updates, here's some Redemption news:

http://bravewords.com/news/redemption-signs-with-afm-records

Well there you go.