Author Topic: Cocteau Twins  (Read 1022 times)

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
Cocteau Twins
« on: February 09, 2011, 03:12:32 AM »
Birch, dtismajesty. Get in here!! We have a Cocteau Twins thread.

Appreciate, worship, discuss. :hat

Offline Bill Carson

Re: Cocteau Twins
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 04:33:48 AM »
Elizabeth Fraser !!! My favourite female voice of all time. Heaven or Las Vegas is one incredible album.

Side note: hearing her alongside Jeff Buckley has always been one of my musical highlights !

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 05:17:21 AM »
Yay!  Huge fan. 
Elizabeth Fraser is one of my favorite singers.  :heart

And I love their use of guitars. 

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:52:46 PM »
The Cocteau Twins are one of my favorite bands of all time, and it seems every couple years or so, usually in the wintertime, I become absolutely obsessed with them all over again. Their music is so otherworldly and emotional. I would say their best albums are Milk & Kisses, Four Calender Cafe, Victorialand, and Treasure, but they are all fantastic. They also have lots and lots of amazing b-sides, such as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUIXmaPt2nc

And I recently found on Youtube a great live version of perhaps my favorite song from them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-BOjNIiXIA

There is no singer quite like Elizabeth, and I hope she's doing OK. She hasn't performed or released any music in several years, and has turned down just about every offer she has received (and there have been many groups and artists wanting to collaborate with her).

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 03:21:44 PM »
Elizabeth Fraser !!! My favourite female voice of all time. Heaven or Las Vegas is one incredible album.

Side note: hearing her alongside Jeff Buckley has always been one of my musical highlights !

(Best username ever) Elizabeth Fraser has a very nice voice. I'm listening to Victorialand now for the second time and it really puts your head somewhere else, especially when on headphones.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 06:24:16 PM »
(bump for) Holy fucking shit, Blue Bell Knoll is amazing! I'm pretty much in love with Liz Fraser at this point.