Author Topic: How can they have been in the studio this long and the drummer hasn't leaked?  (Read 10308 times)

Offline ddtonfire

Offline TheMadgician

I hope I look like that when I'm older.

Offline Aniland

Even if only 0.2% of people on Earth knew what was up, that's 13.6 million. That's a lot of chances.

Offline TheMadgician

Ok, so let's say 13.6 million people follow DT and know what's going on. Now what's the percentage of people that heard Portnoy left and were just like "oh, damn. wonder what's gonna happen next" and just kinda stopped there.

Alright, now let's assume that the only people that are really going to have a chance to find out and leak the information are in the US. Could probably localize even more specifically around NYC, but I'm not sure how far the paperwork goes.

However, we could probably narrow down people that could leak the information to people that work within the industry.

So that brings it down to fans, in the US, in the industry, probably in the NYC area. That's not a lot of chances.

Offline jsem

There's probably like 200 guys that could if they wanted to track DT down in NY.

Offline TheMadgician

8 hours north of NYC with no car and not enough money.

Let's make this happen.

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
I was at Avatar Studios tonight recording my album. Avatar is the studio that the band is in all those pictures from the recent updates. Dream Theater is not there, and hasn't been since the recording of Black Clouds, according to all the engineers. I saw all the rooms -- definitely no DT.

Probably what is happening is they are at some other studio while making us think that they're at Avatar. Or they haven't gone into the studio yet and those are some old photos, and they probably don't have new drummer yet.

Not dissing you in any way here, but when I heard that you were walking into Avatar studios, it was pretty clear to me that it isn't the studio that DT is at. I mean, if you were able to walk straight into the studio that DT is at, quite a few people would have at this point after a full month, and we would know a lot more than we do.

rumborak

There are three main studios at Avatar, DT always uses Studio A for tracking. I didn't just "walk into the studio". I booked in months ago with huge deposit. Nobody can get into the studio without securely being signed in by staff. Plenty of artists that are about a gazillion times more famous and secretive than DT record there no problem.

i'm still pretty sure those pictures are from Avatar, DreamerTV, as shown in the links you put:

https://www.avatarstudios.net/images/studio_a_control.jpg

That is the last Neve console of its kind in the world. And the floor and wall/ceiling designs are identical to Avatar.

Either way, the only reason the drummer hasn't been leaked (if there is a new drummer) is that they just aren't that famous -- nobody really cares, except us. And how many of us (DTF members, other DT fans that actually check up on this stuff between albums) find ourselves recording at the same studios as DT?

I don't know, I doubt they're pulling our legs that far -- they're probably at another studio right now, and don't want us to know which one, so they put some pictures of themselves at Avatar from the last album recording.

It's not the same. If you pay attention at the board, you'll see that they're similar, but not the same. Also the wall with the screen above James it's not the same. And James got shorter hair, which is something different from last record studio sessions. Maybe i'm wrong, but i highly doubt they're showing us fake photos...

Offline TheKillingHand

Read post number 2883 here https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=17897.2870

Dream Theater are recording in Cove City Sound Studios, Long Island

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
So, no Avatar studios.
Mrjazzguitar, I know you hate me anyway, but every time you make posts in this forum you manage to stick a huge foot into your mouth.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline mrjazzguitar

• I play guitar.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • rump horrot
Read post number 2883 here https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=17897.2870

Good call -- I stand corrected. i've never worked there.. looks like a beautiful studio

Rumborak I don't hate you dude :)

Offline Demi Zenith

• DT.net Member
  • Somewhere far beyond your reality

Sounds familiar. Is that where they recorded Train of Thought?

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
It is indeed. They recorded the drum and other basic tracks there.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.