Author Topic: How can they have been in the studio this long and the drummer hasn't leaked?  (Read 10304 times)

Offline perfectchaos180

Not ONE person who would be willing to leak the information has seen the dude?

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
They tried. They got mauled before they could leave the studio.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
/thread

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
I think it's because the new drummer is not with them.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline liquidtension

I think the biggest factor in all of this is that nobody cares about DT outside of this forum!  I'd guess that if you asked 99.8% of the population (including the recording industry), they wouldn't know DT changed drummers.
He has no enemies; and none of his friends like him.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
Yeah I thought it would have leaked as soon as they announced they'd picked someone.

Oh well, I guess the poster above me is right, no-one gives a flyin shit about DT.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
I think the biggest factor in all of this is that nobody cares about DT outside of this forum! 

lolwat

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
Because there is no new drummer. Drum machines ftl.

Offline Ħ

Two possibilities.

1) The new drummer isn't in the studio yet.

2)  John Petrucci sneaks the new drummer in and out of the building, by opening a rift in time and space by playing 63 billion notes per second.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
I think the biggest factor in all of this is that nobody cares about DT outside of this forum!  I'd guess that if you asked 99.8% of the population (including the recording industry), they wouldn't know DT changed drummers.

Offline blackngold29

Eh, out of six billion people he might have an accurate number.

Offline mrjazzguitar

• I play guitar.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • rump horrot
there is some fishy stuff going on here...

I was at Avatar Studios tonight recording my album. Avatar is the studio that the band is in all those pictures from the recent updates. Dream Theater is not there, and hasn't been since the recording of Black Clouds, according to all the engineers. I saw all the rooms -- definitely no DT.

Probably what is happening is they are at some other studio while making us think that they're at Avatar. Or they haven't gone into the studio yet and those are some old photos, and they probably don't have new drummer yet.

Offline TheMadgician

Except judging by the appearance of the members, they're recent pictures.

Maybe just a studio that looks like Avatar? Or they have a special VIP back recording space and there's a gag order on everyone that works there. Thus, under threat of legal action, they wouldn't be able to say anything about DTs current recording.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT

I was at Avatar Studios tonight recording my album. Avatar is the studio that the band is in all those pictures from the recent updates. Dream Theater is not there, and hasn't been since the recording of Black Clouds, according to all the engineers. I saw all the rooms -- definitely no DT.

Probably what is happening is they are at some other studio while making us think that they're at Avatar. Or they haven't gone into the studio yet and those are some old photos, and they probably don't have new drummer yet.

Crazy.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni

I thought they said they weren't at Avatar this time?

Crazy.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
I didn't say that, you puttin' words in my quotes.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
Oh god I'm inside Jamesman. How did this happen?
I didn't say that, you puttin' words in my quotes.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
I want to be inside Jamesman.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
This is not a chat thread.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
How can they have been in the studio this long and the drummer hasn't leaked?

Maybe he's just got a really big bladder.  :huh:
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
Jordan is gonna drum with his new Drum-wiz app.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Actually, I think about this once in a while.  What the fuck? We still don't know?

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Actually, I think about this once in a while.  What the fuck? We still don't know?

Have to agree with this.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
It's a bit tiring, but apart from dealing with it, there's no reasonable option imo...
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
  • Mobilizing to contribute to the alliance
DT went forward in time to find the person who eventually leaked the name of the drummer, took him back and made him the new drummer, thus ensuring there is no leak.

/never enough

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran

Not dissing you in any way here, but when I heard that you were walking into Avatar studios, it was pretty clear to me that it isn't the studio that DT is at. I mean, if you were able to walk straight into the studio that DT is at, quite a few people would have at this point after a full month, and we would know a lot more than we do.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
Someone here once mentioned that they were in long island but not at Avatar.
In fact, if you see at that board in the photo it is not from any studios at Avatar

https://www.avatarstudios.net/rooms/studio_a.html

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
How can they have been in the studio this long and the drummer hasn't leaked?

Maybe he's just got a really big bladder.  :huh:

LOL, man! I love it!

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline mrjazzguitar

• I play guitar.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • rump horrot

Not dissing you in any way here, but when I heard that you were walking into Avatar studios, it was pretty clear to me that it isn't the studio that DT is at. I mean, if you were able to walk straight into the studio that DT is at, quite a few people would have at this point after a full month, and we would know a lot more than we do.

rumborak

There are three main studios at Avatar, DT always uses Studio A for tracking. I didn't just "walk into the studio". I booked in months ago with huge deposit. Nobody can get into the studio without securely being signed in by staff. Plenty of artists that are about a gazillion times more famous and secretive than DT record there no problem.

i'm still pretty sure those pictures are from Avatar, DreamerTV, as shown in the links you put:

https://www.avatarstudios.net/images/studio_a_control.jpg

That is the last Neve console of its kind in the world. And the floor and wall/ceiling designs are identical to Avatar.

Either way, the only reason the drummer hasn't been leaked (if there is a new drummer) is that they just aren't that famous -- nobody really cares, except us. And how many of us (DTF members, other DT fans that actually check up on this stuff between albums) find ourselves recording at the same studios as DT?

I don't know, I doubt they're pulling our legs that far -- they're probably at another studio right now, and don't want us to know which one, so they put some pictures of themselves at Avatar from the last album recording.

Offline mrjazzguitar

• I play guitar.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • rump horrot

I'm sure there are plenty of DT fans that aren't quite as up to date on this stuff that still have no idea. I didn't know until late December as I hadn't been on this site.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
Except James didn't have short hair and Jordan didn't have his Harpejii.
I'm sure there are plenty of DT fans that aren't quite as up to date on this stuff that still have no idea. I didn't know until late December as I hadn't been on this site.
This is true.  There are plenty of DT fans that aren't aware that 7 world class drummers auditioned, but they know MP left.  The people here and at MP.com are really the "hardcore" types when it comes to this stuff.  To say that 99.8% of the world have no idea DT switched drummers (or even know who DT is) isn't really worthy of the rampant facepalming.  Its not like this is the U2 or Coldplay forum or something.

Offline walmartsecurity

I think MP has been training JP ever since they started doing that Nightmare Cinema business, and he's the new drummer  :rollin

Nah but seriously, I just want news already. Even a quick tweet from JP saying something like "We're almost ready for the big news.. Just a little longer guys! Stay metal!"

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran

I don't know, I doubt they're pulling our legs that far -- they're probably at another studio right now, and don't want us to know which one, so they put some pictures of themselves at Avatar from the last album recording.
Or they designed a fake Avatar studio floor and took their pictures in it, a la Ocean's Eleven.

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
  • I like big biquads and I cannot lie.
I think MP has been training JP ever since they started doing that Nightmare Cinema business, and he's the new drummer  :rollin

Nah but seriously, I just want news already. Even a quick tweet from JP saying something like "We're almost ready for the big news.. Just a little longer guys! Stay metal!"

He HAS said that like 3 times already!

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
Exactly. Another tweet like that would be pushing it and would do nothing to calm the impatient fans.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.