Dream Theater > Dream Theater

Your DT "I wish they would have" moment(s)

(1/23) > >>

Samsara:
One of the things I'm always curious about, are those moments with a band where a big fan wishes they would have made a different decision, whether artistically, business-wise, etc. A watershed moment for YOU, as a fan, where you wanted them to do something different than what they did.

For me, with Dream Theater, that moment probably after the FII and 1998 holiday shows. I wish they would have kept Derek and forged ahead with him, instead of bringing on Jordan. I like Jordan, but his playing style just isn't my thing. I prefer keyboards to set and continue moods, not to be very highly featured as soloists. To be honest, I barely remember the keyboard solos from I&W-FII. Not because they aren't good, they are. But because they don't stick out as "look at me" moments. They fit the songs better, or continue a mood.

Jordan's style is very different, even if he is probably the best keyboard "player" the band has ever had.

That's my "I wish they would have" moment with Dream Theater.

What is yours?

rumborak:
I wish they would have figured out a workable solution with MP over the years, instead of (what it seems like) having it built up to a point where MP was doing everything and got burnt out, and the others were hiding for their chance.

rumborak

STEVETHEATER:
The Shattered Fortress

I was hoping for this ''Grand Finale'' of the AA suite... but I was a little bit dissapointed when I first heard it. I undersatand now why Mike/DT went for this approach but It could have been much ''beter''. Oh well... still a cool song.

Implode:
First thing that comes to mind is in A Nightmare to Remember. "ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR!"

I wish they would've kept that out...and possibly the whole section before it.

ariich:

--- Quote from: rumborak on February 04, 2011, 02:46:49 PM ---I wish they would have figured out a workable solution with MP over the years, instead of (what it seems like) having it built up to a point where MP was doing everything and got burnt out, and the others were hiding for their chance.

rumborak

--- End quote ---
That's quite a good one, but to be honest I don't really do "I wish they would have" things with any band, artist, or whatever. They can do what they want, and if I like it great, but if not, there's a hell of a lot of other stuff I like so no biggie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version