Author Topic: Tremonti Thread v. A DYING MACHINE  (Read 71935 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Tremonti Thread v. A DYING MACHINE
« Reply #490 on: March 24, 2022, 02:04:55 PM »
I saw the first video that was put out.  Shockingly good.  I had no idea he could sing like that, or even liked Sinatra.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #491 on: March 24, 2022, 02:07:14 PM »
I saw the first video that was put out.  Shockingly good.  I had no idea he could sing like that, or even liked Sinatra.

Yea, the one video I saw was really cool. I'd totally be down for a whole album.

And everyone likes Sinatra. Or should  :biggrin:
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline emtee

« Reply #492 on: March 24, 2022, 04:59:31 PM »
Surprisingly good. Fantastic I would even say.

Doing things like this that are so far from our comfort zone guarantees personal growth. Amazing to see.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #493 on: March 25, 2022, 05:04:27 AM »
For what a fair number of people consider the most boring rock band of all time, Creed's trajectory is really bonkers.  Keep 3/4 of them and just swap out the vocalist and they manage to make impressively better sounding music than Creed as Alter Bridge.  Mark has had a fantastic solo career.  And now this latest development, I hardly know what to say.  I'd just really like to see the reaction of myself, and even more so my high school friends who were listening to them in the late 90s when we find out that the guitarist is doing very solid Sinatra covers.  Add this to the stack of evidence we might actually be living in a simulation and someone in the control center is just mashing buttons for the fun of it now. 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #494 on: March 31, 2022, 10:24:12 PM »
Well, Mark is going to go a full distance for this.  He's going to have an album listening party and a live performance (big-band style) in Orlando in May.  The price is pretty steep, but I've spent $250.00 for the Walk the Sky listening party in 2019 and I had a blast.  I may consider making the trip for this one.  Formal Attire is required which is fine, since wearing dark black t-shirts of rock/metal bands isn't really aesthetically pleasing for an event like this.  The problem for me is that that's basically what my wardrobe is downgraded to (I just can't stop buying Alter Bridge/Tremonti/Myles Kennedy t-shirts).  That and plaid long-sleeve shirts.

https://tremontisingssinatra.com/products/mark-tremonti-sings-frank-sinatra-charity-event-performance

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #495 on: December 12, 2023, 03:50:44 PM »
So, apparently, Mark's efforts into this Tremonti Sings Sinatra project has yield a lot of traction since the first announcement of it in 2022 around Down Syndrome Day (also the same day the Tremonti solo band was in LA in a concert opening for Daughtry.  I was there for that concert. Great show.)  Apparently, in the Orlando area, he was able to partner with a few doctors and opened a Down syndrome clinic in his daughter's name.  Good stuff, good man.

https://www.orlandomagazine.com/a-powerful-force-for-down-syndrome-in-central-florida/

As for what next, for him?  He still has a few Tremonti Sings Sinatra show (one of them in Beverly Hills, in which I will be there).  Apparently, he is going to record a new solo album after those shows before doing the Creed cruise and then the long Creed summer tour and at some point going into early 2025, AB has their eyes on the calendar around that period to record a new album.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #496 on: December 12, 2023, 09:35:00 PM »
Looking forward to a new Tremonti album, but don't they plan to record a new one for Creed too? It seems like a real missed opportunity if they reunite just for a tour and that's it.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #497 on: December 12, 2023, 11:37:02 PM »
Well, it looks like according to this article, it looks like a new album is not currently in the works, but the possibility is there.  Maybe an EP during this run is possible until AB gets going until 2025?  There's never a shortage of material and inspiration for guys like Mark to make an album work, thematically, in one of his bands.  It just seems odd in the way Mark has phrased it given that the turnaround time from when AB goes into the studio for pre-production around January of an album year to when everything is done being recorded is like around late April/early May and that's even factoring if Mark wants to do a solo tour or Myles is doing a tour with Slash for a month in between. 

Maybe he's a bit too "hesitant" in jumping the gun too fast in wanting to do a Creed album that it may fall flat in perception like how the Full Circle album went?  Also, I think Creed probably underestimated how much people missed them that they can have the pull to do a long and big amphitheater tour when they are ready to go?  I guess when they spent over a decade being inactive, on top of seeing people making the unfunny jokes and making fun of them at their expenses, and Stapp having his personal issues rear its ugly head in between, it really takes away the focus how many people really likes this band despite all of those issues.

https://audioinkradio.com/2023/12/mark-tremonti-christmas-album-creed-reunion-interview/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 12:08:48 AM by Anguyen92 »