Author Topic: post your recent accomplishments  (Read 14670 times)

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
post your recent accomplishments
« on: February 02, 2011, 08:31:15 PM »
just anything you find signifigant like getting a good grade on a test or getting a promotion.
For me it would be being asked to be cantidate for the national honor society

Offline Space Invader

• The Canadian Doctor Who Fanatic
  • DTF.org Member
  • Also recently addicted to Survivor
Re: post your recent accomplishments
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 08:32:06 PM »
My band just got the OK to play our first "gig". We're getting paid in pitchers of beer.  :biggrin:
Everything can, should and will be progressive.

"The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain" - Montaigne.

I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street over maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez - Eleventh Doctor

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 08:34:35 PM »
I just dug up "Amazon Trail 3" and made it to Vilcabamba in less than 3 hours.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:36:01 PM »
I have yet to accomplish anything noteworthy in my life. I'm always too stressed out and scatterbrained to get anything done that I can be proud of.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 08:36:41 PM »
Amazon Trail? Oh the nostalgia! :lolpalm:

I earned my Certificate for the Music course I did. Starting the next one in a few days.
Last night, I made music to tape.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 08:36:47 PM »
I was a good friend to someone today.
I made a B on a test that I barely studied for.
I bought a new iPod and am quite satisfied with the purchase.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 08:36:50 PM »
I have yet to accomplish anything noteworthy in my life. I'm always too stressed out and scatterbrained to get anything done that I can be proud of.

You've made many great comics. People here really like them, that seems like a significant accomplishment to me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 08:37:35 PM »
well that can be a sign that you will accomplish something in the future if your stressed out right now.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 08:38:32 PM »
just finished building and preliminary testing a machine that will revolutionize implant testing.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 08:39:33 PM »

You've made many great comics. People here really like them, that seems like a significant accomplishment to me.

Seriously. You've found something you're good at and something you clearly enjoy (otherwise, would you really continue making them?). Whether or not it becomes your career isn't the point. You've accomplished a hell of a lot more than I have, Chris, simply because you've found a calling. I have yet to do that and I envy you for it.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 08:40:37 PM »

Seriously. You've found something you're good at and something you clearly enjoy (otherwise, would you really continue making them?). Whether or not it becomes your career isn't the point. You've accomplished a hell of a lot more than I have, Chris, simply because you've found a calling. I have yet to do that and I envy you for it.

Don't listen to them Chris. Give up on your dreams, you are set to never do anything for the rest of your life.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »
I wrote an APUSH essay in one night (that's all the time we had) and did an eight-page APUSH outline in one night, but actually put a lot of effort into both as opposed to rushing through them and skipping parts of the outline. I'm trying a lot harder for the third quarter 'cause I wanna bring my GPA up to a 90.0 from an 89.09.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 08:41:42 PM »

Don't listen to them Chris. Give up on your dreams, you are set to never do anything for the rest of your life.

Yeah. What I actually meant by that was "go fuck yourself man I hate you". I just try to be civil in how I present my viewpoints.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 08:41:57 PM »
Hmm, have to think. Can't really call my big trip an "achievement", right? Hmm, maybe that I pulled through with telling my boss. I'll take that.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 08:45:50 PM »
Hmmmm.

I entered a composing contest in 2010, and it ended up winning state and regional. (for my age group)  I did not win national, but it was pretty cool, and I got 500$ for it. 

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 08:48:24 PM »

A great weight has been lifted from me, Mike.

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 08:52:04 PM »
Realizing that I've been putting 10's instead of 11's for the past month on all my assignments.

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 09:04:38 PM »
Amazon Trail? Oh the nostalgia! :lolpalm:

It was amazing.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 09:28:47 PM »

Now that I don't have to worry about you having standards and actually achieving what you are capable of, do you want to chill on Saturday? I'll bring doritos and playstation.

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: So there's that...
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 09:44:38 PM »
I downloaded an app on my phone that shows sex offenders in the area. After fifteen minutes of clicking around my neighborhood, I realized that I'd seen these people before and thought "Gotta be on a registry somewhere," and thus confirmed that though I lack a gaydar, I make up for it in a pedodar.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 09:45:30 PM »

Now that I don't have to worry about you having standards and actually achieving what you are capable of, do you want to chill on Saturday? I'll bring doritos and playstation.

Not wanting to be an exception is awesome!

IS THIS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO SMOKE WEED

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 10:04:14 PM »

Not wanting to be an exception is awesome!

IS THIS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO SMOKE WEED

Dude, you don't smoke weed.

You.... become... the weed.

And on that note, me and Carl Sagan are going to bed.

Offline TheCor

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 05:14:33 AM »
Though not really an accomplishment, I got laid off from my job today which is sweet because I'll get unemployment benefits for awhile and free money kicks ass.  And with the money I saved while working I'm going to do some traveling and visit some out of state friends which I haven't been able to do in years because I couldn't get enough time off of work.   :tup

Offline The Texas Pirate!

• RIP VG
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Bow down before me
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 05:43:17 AM »
At the comunity gardens where Ive been volunteering, I mapped out one future nature trail, and partialy cleared the trail I marked out.
I got some school kids to help me plant some plants sunday. some bellpepper plants , jalapeno plants, serrano plants, tomato plants, some onions, and some coriander/cilantro plants.
we also got some families to plant a bunch of seeds in raised beds.
I hope they survive this freeze thats hitting deep south Texas.
my freinds and I covered the plants the other night, with some tarps, and made a framework of sugarcane, to hold the tarps off the plants.

other than that Ive done zip, zilch, nada, nothin'.

My new Phone number

1-956-TTP-0028

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 05:58:16 AM »
Ive done more homework in the first two weeks of this semester than the entire last semester.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 06:35:07 AM »
I had my last cigarette on November 4th.  Granted I'd only been smoking for 2-3 years, but still.  Felt no ill effects from stopping, no withdrawals, nothing.  Every once in a while, when we're doing a lot of drinking, I feel the urge to smoke, only out of the smoke/drink connection habit, but I always resist and am certain I will continue to be able to resist.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 06:36:12 AM »
I finished my taxes last night.

And I made a baby a few months ago. That was pretty sweet. :)

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 06:39:42 AM »
I did pretty well on my Fluid Mechanics progress test, which made me happy because it's 2nd year fluids and I haven't taken the 1st year course.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline True Death of Life

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 06:43:03 AM »
I worked my ass off to scrape together a B in chem.
So far, I haven't got anything besides A's on my AP History tests/overall grades; I just really, really want to show my parents that I can handle an AP course.
(Sorry if this is too "graphic" or something:) I haven't cut myself in quite a few months and have fought off the urge every time.
I've been having a sea of happy days with a few craptastic days recently instead of the other way around.
And the most important:
I DEFEATED QUEEN GOHMA in the Legend of Zelda and the Ocarina of Time (which I haven't played in YEARS)!!!!!!!  :metal  :metal  :metal

Offline jsem

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 07:02:05 AM »
Good improvement TDOL.  :tup

Offline True Death of Life

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 07:03:38 AM »
Thank you my good sir.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 08:13:48 AM »
I became a dad three months ago. Compared to that, and my wife giving birth and becoming a mom, there isn't much else I can do in my life that even comes close.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 08:15:00 AM »
I got a raise and some praise from my boss, who is normally a cheap ass.

My band also did a gig at a festival where you vote for your favorite band and we managed to come out on the very top, gaining a lot of fans that still follows us. :tup
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 12:57:11 PM »
I woke up at 7am and hit the gym..., doesn't sound like much, but being up before noon is an accomplishment... and then work out? omg i feel like a million bucks
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 01:03:32 PM »
Id like to accomplish healing my broker wrist.. :tdwn
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"