Author Topic: The Israel Discussion Thread  (Read 77040 times)

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
Re: The Israel Discussion Thread
« Reply #350 on: May 30, 2011, 08:10:21 PM »
So you know that data shows a large number of Israelis want peace and are willing to concede land for it?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #351 on: May 30, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
So you know that data shows a large number of Israelis want peace and are willing to concede land for it?

Doesn't matter.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #352 on: May 30, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
I know, I was just trying to think of a polite rebuttal.

Online Adami

« Reply #353 on: May 30, 2011, 08:16:39 PM »
I know, I was just trying to think of a polite rebuttal.

Well that too, but I meant it doesn't matter what a large number of Israelis think.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #354 on: May 30, 2011, 08:22:33 PM »
Oh no, I simply meant that if JPost gives X numbers of Israelis trusting Obama, it ought to be taken with a grain of salt, since the numbers they'd likely give for Israelis opposing the current terms of a two-state solution will probably also be skewed in classic Faux News style.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #355 on: May 31, 2011, 09:00:01 AM »
Oh no, I simply meant that if JPost gives X numbers of Israelis trusting Obama, it ought to be taken with a grain of salt, since the numbers they'd likely give for Israelis opposing the current terms of a two-state solution will probably also be skewed in classic Faux News style.

any reference to "Faux " News shows me that you dont understand any sort of objective news. Fox is a vaild news soource, better then their competitors for sure..

the poll is actually a bit old.. but it sows that almost 9 out of 10 people who read Jpost do not trust Obama.. and why should they???? I wouldnt. Obama is hostile to Israel, he is proudly hostile to Israel, and who cares if many Israelis would concede land for peace. the issue is the Palis WONT, and if they do its stricly part of a stepped plan of taking Israel over, they will not accept a Jewish Israel, they use symantics they "support Israel as theirs and when they can take it over" its all word play..
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:21:10 AM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #356 on: May 31, 2011, 10:13:03 AM »

any reference to "Faux " News shows me that you dont understand any sort of objective news. Fox is a vaild news soource, better then their competitors for sure..

With all due respect EV, you're not someone I'd trust to tell me about objectivity

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #357 on: May 31, 2011, 10:15:51 AM »

With all due respect EV, you're not someone I'd trust to tell me about objectivity

with all due respect.. you really dont know me..and you have no idea how much time I put into forming my views... but you never miss a chance to take a shot at me, do you critique everyone like you do me? I dont see it.. to me thats not objective
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:21:57 AM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #358 on: May 31, 2011, 11:00:18 AM »
Fox News coverage is fine.

The problem is, 70 percent of what you seen on Fox News is actually not news, but commentary. And Epic View's right, that all the competitor "news" networks are the same.

But no-way CNN's commentators are worse than Fox's. MSNBC is about equal to Fox in terms of blatant thinking for you. CNN, not so much. If only they weren't trying to hard to be cool.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #359 on: May 31, 2011, 11:06:48 AM »
Fox News coverage is fine.

The problem is, 70 percent of what you seen on Fox News is actually not news, but commentary. And Epic View's right, that all the competitor "news" networks are the same.

But no-way CNN's commentators are worse than Fox's. MSNBC is about equal to Fox in terms of blatant thinking for you. CNN, not so much. If only they weren't trying to hard to be cool.

well said PC!!! Fox has been scritnized and its been shown to be the most fair as far as time given to all points of view..its just that liberals cant handle anything thats not spoon fed agenda that they want..

It cracks me up when someones arguement is "Fox is Faux" thats all I need to know that they have no arguement and are just agenda driven...lol

The issue is that the AP play themselves as obkjective and they are not.. and look into how many news netwrokrs are puppets of Soros? PLM ..any idea how many?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #360 on: May 31, 2011, 11:11:25 AM »
Epic, Fox may not be as bad as people who like liberal networks pretend, but two wrongs doesn't make a right. Sure, Fox is no worse than MSNBC. But both networks are complete shams as news networks and if the health of our government is dependent partly on having a strong news media (as any democracy should) than a quick look at the big names, Fox included, should explain why we're stuck with what we're stuck with now.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #362 on: May 31, 2011, 11:26:03 AM »
In an effort to keep the Israel thread somewhat on topic, I'm replying to the FOX nonsense in the chat thread. 

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=327.msg901291#msg901291
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt
« Reply #363 on: May 31, 2011, 04:44:36 PM »
the issue is the Palis WONT, and if they do its stricly part of a stepped plan of taking Israel over, they will not accept a Jewish Israel, they use symantics they "support Israel as theirs and when they can take it over" its all word play..

Could you elaborate on this? Palis is Palestinians?

Online Adami

« Reply #364 on: May 31, 2011, 04:48:16 PM »
the issue is the Palis WONT, and if they do its stricly part of a stepped plan of taking Israel over, they will not accept a Jewish Israel, they use symantics they "support Israel as theirs and when they can take it over" its all word play..

Could you elaborate on this? What's Palis?

I assume he means the Palestinians. It's hard to tell because he's not correct about his statement if he is.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #365 on: May 31, 2011, 05:41:08 PM »
The only foreseeable obstacle are those Palestinians who vote for and support Hamas. Will they continue to support extreme measures once concessions are made?

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »
The only foreseeable obstacle are those Palestinians who vote for and support Hamas. Will they continue to support extreme measures once concessions are made?

Yes.. they will still support extreme measures. its been ingrained in them since birth to hate infidels, they are indoctrinated into it, hate and shadism fill their Tvs, their news, their madrases.

I used to think that it would be healed in my lifetime, I now feel it will never be fixed.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #368 on: June 01, 2011, 08:43:57 AM »
HI PC..

take a look..

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/dan-gainor/2011/05/13/gainor-column-over-30-major-news-organizations-linked-george-soros

Will you stop mentioning Soros in every damn topic?

do you know he is yet? He is Moveon.org.. and we see he has a controling had in 30 media outlets.. But FOX is the issue..right?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #369 on: June 01, 2011, 08:44:39 AM »
How is Soros different than Rupert Murdoch?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #370 on: June 01, 2011, 08:47:31 AM »
How is Soros different than Rupert Murdoch?

?????

how are they same?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2011, 08:53:36 AM »

Yes.. they will still support extreme measures. its been ingrained in them since birth to hate infidels, they are indoctrinated into it, hate and shadism fill their Tvs, their news, their madrases.

I used to think that it would be healed in my lifetime, I now feel it will never be fixed.

I was kinda hoping to get the necessary info from Adami or Ido, y'know, someone who has actually lived there and actually knows something about the people involved.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #372 on: June 01, 2011, 08:57:01 AM »

I was kinda hoping to get the necessary info from Adami or Ido, y'know, someone who has actually lived there and actually knows something about the people involved.

well...Im sure they will respond, next time address the question to them , so there is no confusion who can answer it
https://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?id=223181

But here are the Fatah.."moderates".. yea right.. moderates

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2011, 08:59:44 AM »
@Israelis and Israel experts:

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #374 on: June 01, 2011, 09:03:37 AM »

or Fatah...us "experts" know they are the same ... some here would argue Dems and Repubs are the same...trust the Fatah Hamas thing is "the same"

Im an expert..so make sure you see this

https://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?id=223181

Online Adami

« Reply #375 on: June 01, 2011, 03:35:47 PM »

lol sorry, it's a little difficult at times if you know what I mean.

The Palestinians will vote for strength, as long as Hamas continues to be the stronger of the groups, they will be voted for. Fatah has proved themselves to be...well.....weak amongst other things. As much as I love Abbas, he has very little power. They credit the Hamas for reclaiming Gaza, and see Fatah as simply a tool of the Israeli government. It's their isolation that Israel helps impose that helps reenforce these ideas and viewpoints.

If I missed anything, let me know.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #376 on: June 01, 2011, 06:52:14 PM »

lol sorry, it's a little difficult at times if you know what I mean.

The Palestinians will vote for strength, as long as Hamas continues to be the stronger of the groups, they will be voted for. Fatah has proved themselves to be...well.....weak amongst other things. As much as I love Abbas, he has very little power. They credit the Hamas for reclaiming Gaza, and see Fatah as simply a tool of the Israeli government. It's their isolation that Israel helps impose that helps reenforce these ideas and viewpoints.

If I missed anything, let me know.

Very accurate..well said Adami

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #377 on: June 01, 2011, 08:00:12 PM »
Then why didn't you just say that to begin with? :p

Thanks Adami, pretty much what I was looking for. Y'know discussing Israel with you, I've learned it is a fact that the more you learn about something the less you feel like you know. :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #378 on: June 01, 2011, 08:02:31 PM »
No problem.

Since this is the Israel thread, I guess I could say in here that lately I've contemplated joining the Israeli army. I have no desire to fight any Palestinians, but not having served really feels like a badge of shame. My only issue (aside from the fact that I am not in the least bit athletic and I'm horribly out of shape) is that I've forgotten 95% of my Hebrew. I figure maybe I'll take lessons and relearn it, and then go there and do my time........maybe serve as a counselor to the army since I'll have my Masters by then. Hm.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #379 on: June 01, 2011, 08:15:23 PM »
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Adami

« Reply #380 on: June 01, 2011, 08:17:32 PM »

That's pretty much how the army is.

..........right?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #381 on: June 01, 2011, 08:29:05 PM »
Well, my first thought (which I decided not to post) was that a guy could probably get some pretty sweet tail in the Israeli army, so yeah, Stripes probably wasn't too far off the mark.
E.F. Benson

Online Adami

« Reply #382 on: June 01, 2011, 08:32:24 PM »
Well, my first thought (which I decided not to post) was that a guy could probably get some pretty sweet tail in the Israeli army, so yeah, Stripes probably wasn't too far off the mark.

From who? The other soldiers? They'd kill me, I'm a big softy. Plus, with any luck I'd be an army counselor or something since I'd have my masters by the time I'd join.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #383 on: June 01, 2011, 10:01:57 PM »
If you enlist as an American you might get a job with logistics or communications or something, I dunno if that's something you'd be interested in though.

Online Adami

« Reply #384 on: June 01, 2011, 10:03:45 PM »
If you enlist as an American you might get a job with logistics or communications or something, I dunno if that's something you'd be interested in though.

I'd enlist as an Israeli, but I'm not sure they'll have much use for a 28 or however old I'll be masters graduate with a bad back and no athletic ability.
fanticide.bandcamp.com