Author Topic: The Israel Discussion Thread  (Read 76972 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: The Israel Discussion Thread
« Reply #525 on: May 17, 2012, 08:04:48 PM »
Is that right? I never woulda guessed. :P

lol, well there's not actually much else to it. It's AMAZINGLY beautiful shots of random parts of Israel and a British woman talking about how amazing Israel's history is. However it did make me very VERY home sick.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #526 on: May 17, 2012, 08:07:44 PM »
Are you planning on going back at any point soon?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #527 on: May 17, 2012, 08:24:49 PM »
Are you planning on going back at any point soon?

Actually I am very very seriously considering moving back there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #528 on: May 18, 2012, 04:41:25 AM »
Here's a lil' gem from my Facebook:

OP: Kfar Sava hospital bans teaching staff from speaking in Arabic - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
Link: https://www.haaretz.com/news/national/kfar-sava-hospital-bans-teaching-staff-from-speaking-in-arabic-1.431165

Israeli 1: This article is misleading. No one banned the teachers from speaking Arabic, not the hospital nor the ministry of education. Just some nut somewhere along the chain of command who is yet to be identified (making me think maybe that individual teacher just made it up).

Israeli 2: ‎"This is supposed to be an ideal place for coexistence, where the two peoples can meet, and need each other's support to get through the ordeal in one piece." Translation: This is supposed to be an ideal place for us to leech off of the Jewish State while bad mouthing Israelis and Nakbaing whenever we feel like it while Jews get nothing but hatred from us in return.
On a side note - Meir Hospital is a cesspool and this "Supervisor" is clearly the chief shit. Arabic is an official language in this country so he can go straight to hell. Racist arsehole.

Israeli OP: The same thing happened a few months ago at if i remember correctly one of the hardware store chains where they also banned employees from speaking Arabic at the workplace - utter bullshit.
They should therefore ban Russian too!!!!

Israeli 2: They have banned Russian somewhere but that is perfectly understandable if its NOT an official language. Look I am no friend of our 5th column but their rights are their rights and Israel is becoming a little bit too racist for my liking.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #529 on: May 18, 2012, 07:45:09 AM »
And in yet another bout of awfulness:

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4230954,00.html

Basically, the IDF (Israeli Defense Force) arrested 474 deserters and draft dodgers in 6 days. I love this country very much, but goddamn does it embarrass me sometimes.