Author Topic: New Jordan Rudess interview  (Read 2696 times)

Offline TheMadgician

New Jordan Rudess interview
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:13:55 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jh2wE3ocU0

About the Tarrytown concert. Didn't see a topic for it, thought I'd get it in.

Also of interest: Some vague information of the drummer auditions. Minnemann confirmed as auditioned.

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
Re: New Jordan Rudess interview
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:23:04 PM »
enjoying it so far

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 11:34:29 PM »
It's pretty interesting. I found it interesting how incredibly against even mentioning anything drum related he was.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 04:34:29 AM »
Minnemann auditioned. Nice point, but that doesn't mean anything.  ;D

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:20:01 AM »
Nice interview, thanks for posting.

I think JR seems to get fed up with the constant asking about who the drummer is (judging from the way he spoke about it etc). Understandable, though.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 07:56:10 AM »
I laughed when he was asked about plans for another Progressive Nation and he was quick to reply "No, not at all." :lol
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:36:45 AM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline robwebster

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 08:03:53 AM »
Crikey bollocks, seems like a VERY cool interview, but the levels are all over the place. Hate to draw attention to it, it's just one of my pet peeves.

"hi i'm jordan, this is me speaking" "here is a question!" "well that's a brilliant question, let me answer that for you" "BLAST OF KEYBOARD MUSIC"

But! Nonetheless. That's just me nitpicking. Always lovely to speak to Jordan, and it sounds like you're throwing all the right questions in. Good work interviewer.

EDIT: "Writing! It's gotta happen first," made me yelp joyously. Followed by a sharp intake of breath when he went "You know what? I think I'll just leave that subject alone right now." I must look like I'm watching a pantomime or something.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 08:05:25 AM »
So,

1. Minnemann

Offline Raziel666

• Infinite Moonloops
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 09:01:28 AM »
So,

1. Minnemann

So regarding the auditions...

1. Minnemann
2. [insert drummer name here]
3. [insert drummer name here]
4. [insert drummer name here]
5. [insert drummer name here]
6. [insert drummer name here]
7. [insert drummer name here]

(also known as wishful thinking! :P
but come on, Minnemann is the only confirmed drummer to have auditioned, so that must mean something! :p)

Offline Mladen

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 09:07:25 AM »
I think we mentioned Virgil a while ago, someone said he posted something on his fan page saying that he auditioned but wasn't picked. So that makes two of them.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
but come on, Minnemann is the only confirmed drummer to have auditioned, so that must mean something! :p)

Not really, no.

Also, if we believe Hef's source, Thomas Lang has auditioned as well, we have three auditionees so far.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline tartarus250

• peace love and good happyness stuff
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 09:45:08 AM »
great interview he looked like he would just like to announce it just so he could stop getting asked all the time lol i wish he had!!!
The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 09:54:02 AM »
great interview he looked like he would just like to announce it just so he could stop getting asked all the time lol i wish he had!!!

You bet! I would have liked it too. Well, it will come when the time is ripe...

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 10:27:50 AM »
Wow. lol. When they asked Jordan about the drummer, he looked like Hu Jintao being asked about Human Rights.

I've decided I'm not huge on Rudess interviews. LaBrie would've probably laughed that off and cracked a joke. Jordan just made me feel uncomfortable for wanting to know  ;)

Offline Aniland

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 11:52:40 AM »
If they're willing to divulge that Marco auditioned, I can't imagine it being him considering that whoever is keeping this information undercover would have a fit at the allusion.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 12:16:39 PM »
Somebody should just blurt it out, "IT'S JOHN MYUNG'S EVIL TWIN BROTHER. OK!? Just leave us alone!"

What could they do?

Offline Ħ

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 12:20:55 PM »
Wow. lol. When they asked Jordan about the drummer, he looked like Hu Jintao being asked about Human Rights.

I've decided I'm not huge on Rudess interviews. LaBrie would've probably laughed that off and cracked a joke. Jordan just made me feel uncomfortable for wanting to know  ;)
Jordan Rudess (and James) is really good at talking for a while and doesn't need too much prodding...he's good at name-dropping and including everybody.  He might not have the same witty sense of humor as James but he is very respectful.  I notice he always speaks highly of the people he works with.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 02:39:32 PM »
Amazing, thanks for sharing!
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing