Author Topic: A Vision  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
A Vision
« on: February 01, 2011, 03:50:06 PM »
I just finally recently listened to this song and it left me wondering why it wasn't considered for a studio release. Its an amazing song that sounds fresh.

Now my question, Would you like them to consider releasing this song sometime with the modern DT? Rearranging if nessecary, but maintaining the original atmosphere.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Ħ

Re: A Vision
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »
I really like the intro to A Vision but the rest is pretty bad.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 04:34:40 PM »
The middle is where it tends to drag, but its a real good structured song. If they restructered it, since its a demo they can do whatever.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
It's not really that good.  Like all of the other Majesty songs.  It would have to be rewritten so extensively that it would, in effect, be a new song.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Dark Master

• Veteran of the Psychic Wars
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 09:30:55 PM »
They actually did a heavily edited version of that song with Charlie around the same time they did To Live Forever.  Aparently both songs were at one point considered for adding to WDADU, but the label did not want to pay for additional studio time.  You can find demos of Charlie singing both songs on the WDADU demos.

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 09:49:38 PM »
i love it as it is but don't think it would make a good remake