Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 214473 times)

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #1750 on: October 27, 2013, 09:54:40 PM »
Bleh.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1751 on: October 27, 2013, 10:08:24 PM »
Bleh is right. HBK isn't even heel, really. Nothing happened. And now we will get Orton vs Bryan #4.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1752 on: October 28, 2013, 07:08:08 AM »
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1753 on: October 28, 2013, 08:21:04 AM »
And it seems the Carter's are looking to sell TNA. No one should be surprise by that.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #1754 on: October 28, 2013, 08:24:41 AM »
Think the bigger shock is that they haven't already. I will admit that I'm shocked TNA's been around 10 years, but sooner or later you just need to stop throwing money down a well.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1755 on: October 28, 2013, 08:26:58 AM »
Did anyone see the pictures from their last PPV?? It was embarrassing that their "biggest show of the year" didn't even draw a half-full house!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1756 on: October 28, 2013, 08:58:25 AM »
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1757 on: October 28, 2013, 09:30:00 AM »
Dave Meltzer/WON is the most reliable source there is! :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1758 on: October 29, 2013, 02:56:37 PM »
I know that as a IWC member I'm suppose to hate Triple H, but dis tho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56b1-ylV8cg

Offline Jaq

« Reply #1759 on: October 29, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »
"YOU'RE FIRED...GET THE HELL OUT OF MY BUILDING."  :rollin

See, something like that beats the hell out of Raw ending every week with the entire roster on the stage watching the Main Event Angle.

I am loving the IWC's "fuck Cena" crap over winning his match last night. Like Sandow was ever going to win the belt. Hell, that match probably did more for making him a legit main event worker than the usual beat down and win scenario did for Jack Swagger. Really all that is good for is a pop in the town you're in.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1760 on: October 29, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
Triple H is awesome the IWC needs to stop hating on him.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1761 on: November 04, 2013, 10:22:13 PM »
I'm loving the Rhodes brothers as tag team champions.

I'm not loving what's going on with Kane.  Or Daniel Bryan. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:39:46 AM by Jaffa »
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1762 on: November 05, 2013, 01:45:53 AM »
That was the laziest way to introduce the new Kane.

Offline John94

« Reply #1763 on: November 05, 2013, 04:40:46 AM »
This new Kane doesn't entertain me at all. Just because he has a movie out. What matters more, the 'wrestling' or the movies? Time to make up your mind WWE.

Just as it was getting better it falls back down. A natural ebb and flow. Give it to Rumble and it will pick back up. Probably with Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble. They could go down the unification route with Orton entering the Rumble and saying he wants all the gold. Or have Cena do his superman schtick and say he wants to enter and win the Rumble again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1764 on: December 03, 2013, 09:51:38 PM »

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1765 on: December 04, 2013, 11:09:56 AM »
I don't know where to put this, but Chris Jericho has a new podcast out and his 1st episode is when he is interviewing Stone Cold Steve Austin.

https://podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho

Around the 28:00 min. mark, when they were talking about KISS (both of them are huge KISS fans), Austin admits that they were not really the best musicians compared the musicality of Dream Theater (which I didn't think Austin would actually name-drop first.  I thought it would be Jericho that would have name dropped them.  Heck, I didn't even expect DT to get name-dropped at all in this episode).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:16:57 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1766 on: December 04, 2013, 11:16:23 AM »
Well Jericho is a huge DT fan, but I'm surprised that Austin even knows who DT are.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1767 on: December 04, 2013, 11:30:33 AM »
Is anyone surprised that the Daniel Bryan vs Orton and HHH feud ended with Bryan getting no revenge on HHH for his repeated burials of him and him not being the champion?

This reminds me of two years ago when Kevin Nash, HHH's best buddy, cost CM Punk the title at SummerSlam, yet Punk never got any revenge on him.

And some wonder why so many people hate HHH.

Also, :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol at the WWE for making Big Show vs. Randy Orton a PPV main event.  Seriously. :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1768 on: December 04, 2013, 12:18:31 PM »
At Survivor Series,, no less. :facepalm:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1769 on: December 04, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »
At least they quickly shelved that angle after that dumb match!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1770 on: December 08, 2013, 11:43:48 AM »
Cool video about DPP and Jack the Snake and Scott Hall.

Jake The Snake was one of my favorite wrestlers when I was growing up. Nothing he did was flashy (unless you considered draping a freaking live snake on his downed opponent), but he was solid in the ring, and giving promos he looked you right in the eye and made you believe what he was saying. It was sad to see him fall so low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBM8D92yA8
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Jaq

« Reply #1771 on: December 08, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »
Is anyone surprised that the Daniel Bryan vs Orton and HHH feud ended with Bryan getting no revenge on HHH for his repeated burials of him and him not being the champion?

This reminds me of two years ago when Kevin Nash, HHH's best buddy, cost CM Punk the title at SummerSlam, yet Punk never got any revenge on him.

And some wonder why so many people hate HHH.

Also, :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol at the WWE for making Big Show vs. Randy Orton a PPV main event.  Seriously. :rollin :rollin :rollin

I don't even watch wrestling anymore and I saw that coming.  :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1772 on: December 08, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »
Cool video about DPP and Jack the Snake and Scott Hall.

Jake The Snake was one of my favorite wrestlers when I was growing up. Nothing he did was flashy (unless you considered draping a freaking live snake on his downed opponent), but he was solid in the ring, and giving promos he looked you right in the eye and made you believe what he was saying. It was sad to see him fall so low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBM8D92yA8

I do that program as well.  I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their cardio,flexability and lose weight

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1773 on: December 10, 2013, 08:19:52 AM »
I had the same reaction as CM Punk did when Stephanie referred to HHH last night as the "king of kings":

In other words, :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1774 on: December 10, 2013, 08:30:08 AM »
Great ending to RAW last night!
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1775 on: December 10, 2013, 08:34:57 AM »
It was (mostly).  It's just sad that it was all about HHH again, from Stephanie introducing him the way she did, to Cena calling him the greatest performer ever in his promo (when Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, both of whom were far better performers than HHH could ever hope to be, are standing right there), to them ending the show with his music.  Fairly typical.

But the crowd chanting Daniel Bryan's name over and over was awesome.  They are trying their best to keep him out of the main event, probably because they think he is similar to Punk in that his mainstream appeal is limited because he is not the golden boy like Cena, but the fans don't care.   :metal

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1776 on: December 10, 2013, 09:36:21 AM »
I thought he said he was the greatest at the time Orton debuted.

Anyway, I liked how they made a point of standing the Authority next to Cena to end the broadcast.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1777 on: December 10, 2013, 04:52:25 PM »
It was (mostly).  It's just sad that it was all about HHH again, from Stephanie introducing him the way she did, to Cena calling him the greatest performer ever in his promo (when Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, both of whom were far better performers than HHH could ever hope to be, are standing right there), to them ending the show with his music.  Fairly typical.

Kinda have to agree with you on this one.  I mean, for the record, I think Triple H is (or was) a lot better than you give him credit for.  Not as good as Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels, granted, but if I was making a list of the greatest stars in WWF/E history, I'd have a hard time leaving Triple H out of the top 20, and he might even make the top 10. 

That being said, though, I'm definitely getting tired of him being the focus of this storyline.  John Cena and Randy Orton are having a TLC match to unify the world championships, and somehow Triple H is the center of attention?   ::)
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Jaq

« Reply #1778 on: December 11, 2013, 08:58:53 AM »
HHH's rep as being an in-ring workrate god comes from 2000, but let's face it, when you're in the ring for a year with Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, the Rock (who really gets the short end of the stick for his in ring work), Kurt Angle, and Steve Austin, you'd have to work pretty fucking hard to be in a bad match. Simple fact is, after his first quad injury, he never really had that sort of year again, and he never was like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, or Ric Flair in his ability to carry anyone to a good match. The difference between HHH and those last three: WWE tells us how good HHH is. We figured out how good the other three were on our own. Hell, John Cena is a better in ring performer than HHH, and I'd put his 2007 run on the level of HHH's 2000 run. People just hate on Cena because his character is BEYOND fucking stale.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1779 on: December 11, 2013, 09:15:06 AM »

That being said, though, I'm definitely getting tired of him being the focus of this storyline.  John Cena and Randy Orton are having a TLC match to unify the world championships, and somehow Triple H is the center of attention?   ::)

Of course he is.  He did it when Punk was red hot in 2011, and now he's done it in 2013 when Bryan is red hot.  You can almost set your watch to him.  And now there is talk that he is pushing hard to wrestle Cena at Wrestlemania.  Of course. :rollin :rollin :tdwn :tdwn

HHH's rep as being an in-ring workrate god comes from 2000, but let's face it, when you're in the ring for a year with Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, the Rock (who really gets the short end of the stick for his in ring work), Kurt Angle, and Steve Austin, you'd have to work pretty fucking hard to be in a bad match. Simple fact is, after his first quad injury, he never really had that sort of year again, and he never was like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, or Ric Flair in his ability to carry anyone to a good match. The difference between HHH and those last three: WWE tells us how good HHH is. We figured out how good the other three were on our own. Hell, John Cena is a better in ring performer than HHH, and I'd put his 2007 run on the level of HHH's 2000 run. People just hate on Cena because his character is BEYOND fucking stale.

Spot on. :tup :tup

They can talk HHH up to they are blue in the face, but does anyone really think he is in the conversation for best ever?  When it comes to best performers, he isn't close to Hart, Flair or Michaels.  When it comes to icons of the industry, he isn't close to Hogan, Austin, Rock, or Cena.

Think of it this way: back in the day, if Vince's character had done everything HHH has done to Bryan the last few months, the feud with somehow end with Vince tapping out to Bryan, but I doubt HHH will ever even give Bryan the rub of an actual match, much less the change of on-screen revenge.  That is why HHH was always a bad heel back in the day; his feuds often ended with him on top and the face never getting any kind of retribution.  Hell, with all of the matches they have had over the years, he has still never really put Randy Orton over clean.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1780 on: December 11, 2013, 09:48:58 AM »
I love HHH.

Why is that such a bad thing that HHH is the heel that can actually win matches clean, and rarely gets put over? There aren't many heels like that, so he's pretty unique in that regard. That makes him a great heel and keeps him from being another, say, Edge or Jericho.

Honestly I'd put HHH in the top 3 of the current roster. I don't get the hate. He's always in great feuds, he's never in a bad match, he's pretty good on the mic. He's a great performer and wrestler. Pretty much always in great physical shape. Looks the part. If anyone is going to hog the screen, he's not a bad role.

It sounds like you, KevShmev, don't like him because he makes it hard for others to shine? OK, but there's always a beta in any feud. Someone has to be on top. Yeah it's annoying that WWE keeps shoving his greatness in our faces, but he would still be great anyway.

And I really don't think the Bryan vs HHH feud is necessarily over. In fact, I see it as a WWE vs HHH sort of feud, of which Bryan will take a part in. (Sadly, though, WWE will likely find its representative with Cena.)

He doesn't bury everybody, not sure where this myth came from. He's been bested by Orton, Hardy, Cena, Taker...he's put plenty of people over. Yeah he might have buried some, but even then, can you really say it was his fault?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:58:52 AM by Ħ »

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1781 on: December 11, 2013, 10:12:20 AM »
HHH might just be the best heel ever just look at how much everyone hates him :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1782 on: December 11, 2013, 10:13:53 AM »
Yes.  There have been plenty of stories over the years of his obsession with winning and always looking as good as possible.  Granted, they all want to look good, but he thinks you have to win scripted matches to look good.  Bret Hart was weird like that, too, but HHH has the power to make it happen and abuses it.

As far as others shining, all we keep hearing is how they need new stars, but how are these guys supposed to flourish when HHH is constantly burying them or not giving them a chance?  Case in point: Brock Lesnar.  When he came back last year, he could have easily been used to put over new stars, but in nearly two years, who has his biggest and longest feud been with?  HHH.  Naturally. :lol

Also, good on the mic?  Seriously?  Every time he starts his long-winded "Here's the thing..." nonsense, I change the channel. 

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1783 on: December 11, 2013, 10:14:50 AM »
HHH might just be the best heel ever just look at how much everyone hates him :lol
I was just thinking that. :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1784 on: December 11, 2013, 10:31:34 AM »
Paul is awful on the mic.  Always has been.  He's a power hog, who manages to convince himself he's doing the best for the company.  The two best era's of the WWE were the Monday Night Wars, and the Attitude (toothless aggression, FTW!).  Why... because they had a deep and talented roster, and rotated the players in the primary storylines.  Sure, the main one for a couple of years was Austin v McMahon, but there were always additional players.  I don't really have the desire look up the data, but I'd be willing to bet the number of PPV main-eventers in any given year between 97-04 was a lot more diverse than it is now.  Sure, there's always the Tier 1 and Tier 2 guys, but HHH has put himself as a Tier 1 guy, even when he isn't.  Why did the WWE suck from 08-11... because they didn't develop any of their mid-level talent to be Tier 1 guys.

He's had his 15 minutes (years) of fame... time to fade to black to ensure the ongoing success of the WWE. 

Just my $0.02
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion