Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 213152 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #1680 on: September 15, 2013, 09:13:08 PM »
No Big Show appearance either, which was surprising. I thought Shield and Show would at least be somehow involved in the main event.
They were banned from ringside by HHH.
Yep, I guess you miss the first segment of the show.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1681 on: September 15, 2013, 09:18:18 PM »
Banning anyone from getting involved is basically an invitation for them to be ringside, though.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #1682 on: September 16, 2013, 04:07:24 PM »
I wouldn't wish anyone the torture of watching Night of Champions twice (like I did for my tumblr). It's the prime example of a crowd killing several matches.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1683 on: September 16, 2013, 04:08:28 PM »
That fast count is so obviously going to be part of the storyline.

The crowd kills matches?

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1684 on: September 16, 2013, 04:37:26 PM »
Huh? The crowd was great for most of the matches even though most of the matches were pretty mediocre.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1685 on: September 17, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »
Called it.

Also, I knew there was going to be a coup sometime, but last night was a bit unexpected. I think both the title strip and coup should have happened at NoC, honestly.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1686 on: September 17, 2013, 09:50:39 PM »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1687 on: September 18, 2013, 02:22:13 PM »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1688 on: September 18, 2013, 05:03:31 PM »

The sliding kick he did to him was way more awesome.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1689 on: September 18, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »
Oh, you mean:

Seth Rollins and Ziggler in a sell competition, I need this now!

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1690 on: September 18, 2013, 06:47:25 PM »
Honestly if it wasn't for CM Punk and Daniel Bryan I wouldn't even watch WWE right now. Both of them got WWE out of that rut they had after they turned Randy Orton face, and it was just Orton and Cena dominating every show and PPV.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1691 on: September 18, 2013, 06:51:16 PM »
Oh, you mean:

Seth Rollins and Ziggler in a sell competition, I need this now!

Oh shit, that was a straight up drop kick. But yeah, that was awesome.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1692 on: September 21, 2013, 10:52:12 AM »
I'M GOING TO SEE STING TONIGHT I'M GOING TO SEE STING TONIGHT I'M GOING TO SEE STING TONIGHT I'M GOING TO SEE STING TONIGHT I'M GOING TO SEE STING TONIGHT I'M GOING TO SEE STING TONIGHT I'M GOING TO SEE STING TONIGHT

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1693 on: September 21, 2013, 01:25:28 PM »
Anybody know when Dimitrius is gonna see Sting?

:P

Nah, seriously, have fun! 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1694 on: September 24, 2013, 05:02:22 PM »
Bump.  How was it, Dimitrius?   :)
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1695 on: September 24, 2013, 10:37:38 PM »
Honestly if it wasn't for CM Punk and Daniel Bryan I wouldn't even watch WWE right now. Both of them got WWE out of that rut they had after they turned Randy Orton face, and it was just Orton and Cena dominating every show and PPV.

YES!  YES!  YES! :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1696 on: September 25, 2013, 08:01:22 AM »
It was pretty freaking good!

Match started a bit slow, with Carlito playing the "scared" heel, you know like getting hit twice and just dropping to the outside and complained. But when it picked up it got very, very good! Sting can still go!! He took some bumps someone his age shouldn't be taking like a champ! :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1697 on: September 25, 2013, 09:51:19 AM »
It was pretty freaking good!

Match started a bit slow, with Carlito playing the "scared" heel, you know like getting hit twice and just dropping to the outside and complained. But when it picked up it got very, very good! Sting can still go!! He took some bumps someone his age shouldn't be taking like a champ! :lol

Hopefully he is getting ready for a quick run in WWE.  I've always wanted to see this and Sting deserves a major send off; something he wont get in TNA.  One big WM match, a HOF send off and a DVD about his career is what I want to see.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
« Reply #1698 on: September 25, 2013, 12:02:29 PM »
oh my god my gifs are here too guys stop making scared

seriously though, I take back what I said last week, that was my shit sound ruining the crowd. This week was good, but Chicago always is a hot crowd.
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1699 on: September 25, 2013, 12:05:35 PM »
The overbearing presence of both HHH and Stephanie, combined with football being back on Monday nights, has resulted in me seeing about five minutes of RAW in the last few weeks.  I would rather watch a Jags/Raiders game than listen to HHH or Stephanie on the mic for five minutes.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1700 on: September 25, 2013, 12:35:17 PM »
It's too bad that probably the only match Sting will have in WWE will be him losing to The Undertaker, but at least he we would get to see him in WWE where he belongs.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1701 on: September 25, 2013, 08:04:17 PM »
I would rather watch a Jags/Raiders game than listen to HHH or Stephanie on the mic for five minutes.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1702 on: September 25, 2013, 08:40:43 PM »
Listening to HHH > Listening to Vicky Guerrero, John Laurinaitis, John Cena, Alberto Del Rio, Vince McMahon, Paul Heyman, Teddy Long > Listening to a donkey taking a dump > Listening to Booker T
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1703 on: September 25, 2013, 09:08:41 PM »
AWWW SHUCKY DUCKY.... QUACK QUACK

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1704 on: September 25, 2013, 09:22:23 PM »
Listening to HHH > Listening to Vicky Guerrero, John Laurinaitis, John Cena, Alberto Del Rio, Vince McMahon, Paul Heyman, Teddy Long > Listening to a donkey taking a dump > Listening to Booker T

wat?

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1705 on: September 25, 2013, 09:31:38 PM »
The overbearing presence of both HHH and Stephanie, combined with football being back on Monday nights, has resulted in me seeing about five minutes of RAW in the last few weeks.  I would rather watch a Jags/Raiders game than listen to HHH or Stephanie on the mic for five minutes.
Their overbearing presence is driving the show though, no? The corporation storyline involves nearly every superstar in some way.

And at least she's good to look at.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1706 on: September 25, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »
It's super ironically funny to see Steph, whose title graphics reads "Executive VP, Creative", call out people for not winning matches or titles! :lol

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1707 on: September 27, 2013, 06:57:21 PM »
I would rather watch a Jags/Raiders game than listen to HHH or Stephanie on the mic for five minutes.

:lol

But Kev's got a point.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1708 on: September 27, 2013, 11:20:19 PM »
Yep, I just don't like HHH at all; I never have.  Character or not, he is annoying to listen to talk, and the fact that he is hogging the spotlight during the biggest story of the summer/fall again, like he did when he threw himself in the middle of the Summer of Punk two years ago, just makes it that much worse.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1709 on: September 28, 2013, 12:20:43 AM »
Unlike his involvement in the Summer of Punk, I feel like he (and Stephanie) are doing a good job on the mic in general establishing themselves as heel authority figures. The only thing that bugs me is when they're shitty to other heels for no real reason.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1710 on: September 28, 2013, 12:54:28 AM »
Stephanie is being the heel now, HHH is being... I don't know, whatever he has to be so WWE can sell his new DVD.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1711 on: September 28, 2013, 02:13:36 PM »
Yep, I just don't like HHH at all; I never have.  Character or not, he is annoying to listen to talk, and the fact that he is hogging the spotlight during the biggest story of the summer/fall again, like he did when he threw himself in the middle of the Summer of Punk two years ago, just makes it that much worse.
That's so weird, HHH has always been one of my favorites, in the top 3 with HBK and Taker. HHH is very talented all around and just awesome. "Hogging" the spotlight or not, he deserves the spotlight.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
« Reply #1712 on: September 28, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »
Stephanie is being the heel now, HHH is being... I don't know, whatever he has to be so WWE can sell his new DVD.

HHH doesn't need to be the stereotypical cool heel authority for his DVD. That will sell no matter what. (Look at Punk's DVD when he was doing dastardly heel things, and his dvd sold great. ... Did WWE even promote that DVD?)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1713 on: September 28, 2013, 02:24:21 PM »
He was doing dastardly heel things to anyone under the age of 12, to everyone else he was incredibly cool and he doesn't carry around this stigma that he gets ahead because of backstage politics and/or being married to the boss' daughter.

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #1714 on: September 28, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »
Does anyone else find AJ sexy in a weird way?  I would enjoy rocking her world, having her fall totally in love with me, then break her heart and have her stalk me.  That would be the best part.  Maybe I need some therapy.
But the arc of your life will still be profound