Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 213147 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #1575 on: August 23, 2013, 03:12:13 PM »
Michael Cole said that Antonio Cesaro vs Sami Zayn on NXT was the best match that he's seen since Michaels and the Undertaker at 25. He may be right. It was incredible.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #1576 on: August 23, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »
Michael Cole said that Antonio Cesaro vs Sami Zayn on NXT was the best match that he's seen since Michaels and the Undertaker at 25. He may be right. It was incredible.
People were clapping on their feets for the ending of that match. It's one of the best tv matches ever.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1577 on: August 23, 2013, 03:37:46 PM »
Are we talking the same one from months ago or a new one? If so... IS THERE ANY OTHER PLACE BESIDE HULU WHERE I CAN SEE IT?!?!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1578 on: August 23, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »
Are we talking the same one from months ago or a new one? If so... IS THERE ANY OTHER PLACE BESIDE HULU WHERE I CAN SEE IT?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CFwCFwYk1c

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1579 on: August 23, 2013, 04:34:53 PM »
I don't know about all this match of the year talk, but that was definitely a great match.  One hell of a finish. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1580 on: August 23, 2013, 05:02:56 PM »
One hell of a finish.

That finish was sick.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1581 on: August 23, 2013, 06:36:49 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure watching it after I heard all the hype didn't help, but while I thought it was a fantastic match, I wouldn't call it the runaway MotY like some people are.

Dat tornado DDT though, holy shit. :hefdaddy
Photobucket sucks.

Offline farsight

« Reply #1582 on: August 24, 2013, 03:54:30 AM »
Sami Zayn is El Generico, right? I wonder why they changed his gimmick.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1583 on: August 24, 2013, 07:05:32 AM »
Sami Zayn is El Generico, right? I wonder why they changed his gimmick.
So WWE can trademark it and own the character.

Goddamn, DAT FINISH!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #1584 on: August 24, 2013, 07:40:45 AM »
Not really a match of the year candidate-it's a fantastic match, don't get me wrong-but DAMN, that finish. That was amazing.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #1585 on: August 24, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »
I think Lesnar/Punk might be my MOTY so far

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1586 on: August 24, 2013, 11:22:25 AM »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1587 on: August 24, 2013, 12:15:16 PM »
"That was over 10 years ago, they won't remember that!" - Vince

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1588 on: August 24, 2013, 12:21:14 PM »
More like: "Our audience consist of 85% kids, we can do that angle again, they don't know it!"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1589 on: August 24, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »
More like, "That was over 10 days ago, they won't remember that!" - Vince  :lol :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1590 on: August 25, 2013, 10:58:15 AM »
So, WWC (the promotion in Puerto Rico run by Carlos Colón) announced that Sting is coming to a show and I'M SO GOING AND MARK OUT BECAUSE IT'S REAL TO ME DAMNIT!!!

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1591 on: August 25, 2013, 12:36:41 PM »
He's coming to a WWE show?
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1592 on: August 25, 2013, 04:43:59 PM »
He's coming to a WWE show?
Um,  no.  He clearly stated that it was a WWC show, and included a parenthetical explanation of what the WWC is.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1593 on: August 25, 2013, 06:00:11 PM »
I can't wrap my head around how you misunderstood that! :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1594 on: August 25, 2013, 06:01:13 PM »
I can't wrap my head around how did you misunderstood that! :lol

Might have misread WWC as WWE and blown past the parentheses. But yeah, you were pretty clear.

Here's hoping that you get to see the Stinger live.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1595 on: August 26, 2013, 10:39:31 PM »
He said "WWC" (not "WCW") so I basically had no idea what he was talking about, and since 99% of the thread is about WWE, I thought it was a fairly reasonable assumption that he was in fact saying that Sting was coming to a WWE show. I had my doubts, so I reasonably asked him if that's what he meant.

Actually, all three of you said "WWC" instead of "WCW". Is this something I'm just unaware of? Sting is on WCW, right?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:14:38 PM by Ħ »
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1596 on: August 26, 2013, 10:44:43 PM »
Sting is on TNA, WWC is a promotion in Puerto Rico, and WCW doesn't exist anymore. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1597 on: August 26, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
Oh. Well, the more you know. I pretty much have only watched WWE, and that with a layman's interest.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1598 on: August 27, 2013, 04:59:19 AM »
So, WWC (the promotion in Puerto Rico run by Carlos Colón) announced that Sting is coming to a show and I'M SO GOING AND MARK OUT BECAUSE IT'S REAL TO ME DAMNIT!!!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1599 on: August 27, 2013, 08:41:00 AM »
:rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1600 on: August 27, 2013, 08:53:26 AM »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1601 on: August 27, 2013, 09:09:52 AM »

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #1602 on: August 27, 2013, 10:24:38 AM »
Oh. Well, the more you know. I pretty much have only watched WWE, and that with a layman's interest.

When I tell you WCW went out of business 12 years ago you're gonna flip... :rollin
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1603 on: September 03, 2013, 03:15:59 PM »
Made a point to sit down and watch some Raw last night, and after a while, it finally hit me what was missing from when I used to watch it regularly, and why it felt so different from when I stopped watching year ago. No JR.

I knew he hasn’t been doing TV for a while, but it didn’t hit me till last night how much his play-by-play added to the broadcast. He was always able to add the appropriate element to each match, depending on what it called for: excitement, drama, humor, gravitas.  He made every match seem like it was the biggest one of the night.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #1604 on: September 03, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
Yeah, it's been Cole/Lawler/JBL for a while now, and none of them are the master storyteller what was JR.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1605 on: September 03, 2013, 03:20:32 PM »
The Rhodes vs Orton match was definitely the highlight of last night for me. It was a bit disappointing that Rhodes lost, since a victory there would have been an awesome push for him. But alas, it seems like the typical way WWE ends a superstar's career is through the loss of a career-ending match. Flair, Michaels, Hardy, JBL, and Batista all come to mind, and I haven't even watched WWE that long or that religiously either.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
« Reply #1606 on: September 03, 2013, 03:24:38 PM »
My highlight was Big Show. Just, that man dragged me into tears last night and I couldn't handle it. Adding in Stephanie's line about Giants, and I feel like I should support Big Show more than D-Bry.
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1607 on: September 03, 2013, 03:25:44 PM »
The Rhodes vs Orton match was definitely the highlight of last night for me. It was a bit disappointing that Rhodes lost, since a victory there would have been an awesome push for him. But alas, it seems like the typical way WWE ends a superstar's career is through the loss of a career-ending match. Flair, Michaels, Hardy, JBL, and Batista all come to mind, and I haven't even watched WWE that long or that religiously either.

I wouldn't count on this being the end of Rhodes' career.  I feel pretty confident that this is just a way to write him off TV for a while so he can get married and go on his honeymoon and such. 

My highlight was Big Show. Just, that man dragged me into tears last night and I couldn't handle it. Adding in Stephanie's line about Giants, and I feel like I should support Big Show more than D-Bry.

Ha.  Now I feel like an asshole, because I thought Show's performance was pretty cringeworthy, myself.   :lol
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
« Reply #1608 on: September 03, 2013, 03:28:58 PM »

Ha.  Now I feel like an asshole, because I thought Show's performance was pretty cringeworthy, myself.   :lol
Lots of people felt that way. Apparently big giant men shouldn't cry or something. I'm curious in what happens with Punk after Night of Champions, too. And what ever Bray Wyatt is up to. Eventually.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1609 on: September 03, 2013, 03:31:54 PM »
I didn't mind the crying, I just thought he overdid it.  You'd think Big Boss Man had driven off with his father's coffin again or something.
Sincerely,
Jaffa